What you doing this weekend?

rennie

14 hours ago, veracocha said:

Nothing if I can't get my garage door open. It is stuck fast and will not unlatch from it's fixings. I don't have a side door so I might have to take a window pane out to get inside. Brand new garage just for my new bike and it won't let me in!😢

Had to smash a pane to get in. It was glued to the frame and just wouldn't come out so no choice really. Sorted the door release however so not too bad, at least I can access the bike.

• Sad 1

Original plan. The good lady helps her daughter who’s ill, I go out on bike. Fog and freezing weather put the kibosh on that so I’ll be doing some odd jobs around the house and tidying up the out buildings. Oh joy! 

This is the longest period of time I haven’t ridden a motorbike in over thirty year of bike ownership. Really and truly pissed off…. 🤬

• Sad 2

This weekend we have a thing up in Glasgow. As it's pretty chilly, have bought Mrs. Fiddlesticks heated socks, heated vest and new winter gloves. I will be donning an extra T-Shirt with long sleeves.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

This weekend we have a thing up in Glasgow. As it's pretty chilly, have bought Mrs. Fiddlesticks heated socks, heated vest and new winter gloves. I will be donning an extra T-Shirt with long sleeves.

dont forget the long johns i was working outside all day today and i had mine on 

• Like 1

Going to be spending the weekend looking at the empty spot a four yr old retriever should be occupying. 

In the space of a week she went from our best buddy to the sickest thing…and then, with perky ears and wagging tail, was put to sleep. 

I am absolutely crushed. We’ve lost many dogs, this one has killed me. 

• Sad 10

15 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Going to be spending the weekend looking at the empty spot a four yr old retriever should be occupying. 

In the space of a week she went from our best buddy to the sickest thing…and then, with perky ears and wagging tail, was put to sleep. 

So, so sad. It's my biggest fear. 

I wish you well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mawsley said:

I feel for you it is so hard when you lose a much loved pet, I lost my last retriever nearly four years ago and not a day goes by that I dont think about him.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mawsley said:

So, so sorry that this happened.  Its quite crushing sometimes and it's never "just an animal".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

Absolutely adorable.

I think we pissed off the woman because we wouldn’t leave. Lying on a floor being attacked by 9 Golden puppies and their Mum is the most blissful experience I’ve had this year. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 13/01/2024 at 08:59, Old-codger said:

I feel for you it is so hard when you lose a much loved pet, I lost my last retriever nearly four years ago and not a day goes by that I dont think about him.

I understand that. It's the main reason I don't have a dog, although I would love one !

40 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

@Mawsley I fully understand your interpretation of blissful we went to visit "Frank" with only 2 weeks to go until we can take him home.  IMG-20240113-WA0008.thumb.jpg.a5f9b5917cda44205cc88d69bdbec562.jpgCheers 

Ian 

I hope you’re going to invest in a sign to protect visitors, he looks like he’d have limbs for breakfast 😁

IMG_4656.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

I hope you’re going to invest in a sign to protect visitors, he looks like he’d have limbs for breakfast 😁

IMG_4656.jpeg

I have been unreliably informed he is actually a very very small Doberman lol.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/01/2024 at 17:27, Mawsley said:

That was unexpected. 

We reserved a Fudge. 

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Best thing you can do after the loss of a dog. Don’t mess about, get another. It doesn’t entirely heal the pain, that takes time. But a new dog and especially a new puppy (with all that goes with that) does kinda take your mind of the painful past. And I’ve found that if the recently lost dog was originally your puppy, then the new one just brings back all the old memories of happier times. The minor triumphs like when it recognises and reacts to its name - for the first time, or does its business in an appropriate place - for the first time. And starts to ask to go out. Or fetches and brings back a ball for the first time. All the little things.

• Like 5

I'm going to an Iron Butt Association 'Ride to Eat' meeting tomorrow (Saturday). The general idea is that member picks a cafe, pub or other suitable venue, meet there at 12noon for a group photo, chat, eat and kick a tyre or two before calling it a day. 200miles each way from my corner of Shropshire to near Arundel. Thank goodness the weather forecast is looking (slightly) warmer for tomorrow.

• Like 1