What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Ha haar.. great review.. I was thinking how long ago it was when I last saw them. I must look like Uncle Albert myself now, so I stopped thinking about it..

Docking in Houston on Saturday morning and probably sail on Monday. Discharge port is supposed to be Pembroke and I'm due to be relieved there. Be quite glad to get off as this has been a busy trip.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I should be mowing the lawns but since the mower is behind both bikes which are in bits I am deprived the joy of doing the grass. 

Good plan.

• Like 1

We're on a countdown of the last 2 weeks of a big DIY project (I say DIY, but I broke with tradition and got tradesmen in for a lot of it - so much quicker). So this weekend will be carpet removal, trips to the tip, mist coating and painting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, S-Westerly said:
13 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Good plan.

Good plan.

i did two yesterday and two today and might do some more over the weekend just go with the weather

Life can be so cruel.

I got the Honda back together, following the new radiator and coolant.  Refitted the tank thus afternoon and tested it. All good.

Then turned to the Bobber.  Fitted the new front fork spacers and changed the fork oil. Reassembled it all, got it off the stand.

Now I can get at my lawnmower.

And then it started pouring down. So I've had to come indoors and open a bottle wine. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 12/04/2024 at 15:14, Fiddlesticks said:

We're on a countdown of the last 2 weeks of a big DIY project (I say DIY, but I broke with tradition and got tradesmen in for a lot of it - so much quicker). So this weekend will be carpet removal, trips to the tip, mist coating and painting.

If you've ever seen Mickey Flanagan talk about his second corner shop where he goes so the first one doesn't think he's an alcoholic... Well, we have two waste disposal centres near us.

After the first "back again?" from the chap at Tip #1 I thought I'd go to Tip #2. Altogether a better class of punter. In fact I brought home two breakfast bowls that a nice couple in a Tesla had left in the rubble and hardcore skip.

In other news, Mrs. Fiddlesticks has been a bit short with me this afternoon. Not sure why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/04/2024 at 15:56, RideWithStyles said:

obviously they thought bowls are more well made than their car!🤣

picking up cast off/unwanted items from Tesla owners? Im surprised shes not more than off with you...🫣😅

🤡

😂 Weirdly, I can't find them anywhere in the house.

• Haha 4

did another lawn today in the wet , anyway off to the physio tomorrow and see what they have to say after i had my chromozone jab last monday 

• Like 1

Another weekend, another testride. This time its a BMW F900R, given up trying to arrange an Aprilia test at this point. So far the list had been MT10, 765RS, MT09SP and XSR900. Tempted to get a ride on a Kwack Z900RS but really want to get something sorted before the bank holiday weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fish said:

Another weekend, another testride. This time its a BMW F900R, given up trying to arrange an Aprilia test at this point. So far the list had been MT10, 765RS, MT09SP and XSR900. Tempted to get a ride on a Kwack Z900RS but really want to get something sorted before the bank holiday weekend.

I would be interested in What you think of the F900R :thumb: I Nearly Bought One. 

• Like 1