What you doing this weekend?

rennie

5 hours ago, Fish said:

Another weekend, another testride. This time its a BMW F900R, given up trying to arrange an Aprilia test at this point. So far the list had been MT10, 765RS, MT09SP and XSR900. Tempted to get a ride on a Kwack Z900RS but really want to get something sorted before the bank holiday weekend.

Take your time! Your'e the dealers' best friend for as long as the cash is still in your pocket! And it's a good feeling when you know you've got the bike you were looking for.

So what about the Z1000SX? The MV TV 800?? Sounds like you're not into adv bikes, but you might look at the Tiger 900: the engine is at least as good as the MT09. 

How did  you find the F900R.

19 hours ago, bonio said:

Take your time! Your'e the dealers' best friend for as long as the cash is still in your pocket! And it's a good feeling when you know you've got the bike you were looking for.

So what about the Z1000SX? The MV TV 800?? Sounds like you're not into adv bikes, but you might look at the Tiger 900: the engine is at least as good as the MT09. 

How did  you find the F900R.

I read many a thread that insurance is an issue for the Z1000's, but we all know the insurance (ripoff) game varies for many reasons. I'm also not really looking for a touring bike, but more something a little naughty for those sunny Sunday ride outs. 

Re the MV/Tiger, I've got my tracer 700 for day to day and want something not so upright, not that I'm looking for a hunched over sports bike either. 

@Pie man, the F900R is an accomplished bike with many bells and whistles. This bike had every box ticked when they ordered it as a demo ride, the seat although on the firm side wasn't an issue for the hour+ that I was out on it, national speed limit into country lanes/B roads, into town then back to the dealers. I did find the pegs a little on the high side and did cramp up a little towards the end of the ride, but nothing that a quick stand up didn't fix. The bike had the D-ESA suspension and I would put it on par with the 765RS for a firmer ride.

Compared to some of the others I have tested, I just found it missing that magical something that I'm looking for. The punch that both the Triumph and Yam triples give whilst not having to be up and the high end of the rev range give them the edge over the BMW. The only main thing the F900's have that could win is they have a 0% finance deal going at present.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fish said:

I read many a thread that insurance is an issue for the Z1000's, but we all know the insurance (ripoff) game varies for many reasons. I'm also not really looking for a touring bike, but more something a little naughty for those sunny Sunday ride outs. 

Re the MV/Tiger, I've got my tracer 700 for day to day and want something not so upright, not that I'm looking for a hunched over sports bike either. 

@Pie man, the F900R is an accomplished bike with many bells and whistles. This bike had every box ticked when they ordered it as a demo ride, the seat although on the firm side wasn't an issue for the hour+ that I was out on it, national speed limit into country lanes/B roads, into town then back to the dealers. I did find the pegs a little on the high side and did cramp up a little towards the end of the ride, but nothing that a quick stand up didn't fix. The bike had the D-ESA suspension and I would put it on par with the 765RS for a firmer ride.

Compared to some of the others I have tested, I just found it missing that magical something that I'm looking for. The punch that both the Triumph and Yam triples give whilst not having to be up and the high end of the rev range give them the edge over the BMW. The only main thing the F900's have that could win is they have a 0% finance deal going at present.

@Fish Brilliant. I really like the bike, I thought exactly as you say, its missing something. Having said that, I'm still thinking about it, I have the KTM 890 and that engine is wicked. :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fish said:

Compared to some of the others I have tested, I just found it missing that magical something that I'm looking for. 

I had a similar reaction when I rode it. It's not that it's lacking power, but for it lacked fizz.

• Like 1

We went out for a curry, again 😂 then we came back, put fire on and watched something on netflix, I'm not sure what that something was cause I think I slept through most of it 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Bender said:

We went out for a curry, again 😂 then we came back, put fire on and watched something on netflix, I'm not sure what that something was cause I think I slept through most of it 😂 

Perfect Saturday night 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pie man said:

@Fish Brilliant. I really like the bike, I thought exactly as you say, its missing something. Having said that, I'm still thinking about it, I have the KTM 890 and that engine is wicked. :thumb:

KTM would be on the list, but living in London it would be stolen within an hour, regardless of security 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Last week we were in Florence for my birthday - whatever I do this weekend is going to be a bit shit in comparison. 

• Like 5

well the wifes cbf125 will probably be sold with mixed emotions. no replacement in the near future other than an EV car.....😶🤔🤫🫠🫤😑😦🙄😬...Easy boy and girls it's complicated 

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

This weekend, I'm doing what I do 7 days per week......

Working

Which is probably why I'm on this forum so often 

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Haha 3

Today - being let down by carpet fitters who have cried off sick. Picked up Euros, did shopping, bought an open face helmet to throw in the hold when we go away. Daughter says open face helmets are "a bit gay". I guess I should be offended, but any young person who can survive the British university system and still come out with an insult like that is worthy of their parents' pride. (I won't tell her that, of course, I'll probably just call her a retard. 😉).  In any case, she's up in Scotland, so she'll probably end up in jail under Humza's latest diktat.

New Model Army gig tonight in Wolverhampton. Not sure whether Mrs. Fiddlesticks wants to go on two wheels or four yet. Oh for a bit of time to drop the tank and fix the dodgy light connector. We can work around it.

Mother, now-French brother and his family are arriving tomorrow to inspect the naked floorboards. (I have thrown a few rugs down). Including our son who'll be arriving from Manchester, that'll be seven house guests. I've stuck posit notes on all the doors so people can find their rooms, only my brother's usual box room is currently empty, down to the bare plaster. Still, to wind him up I've put his name on the door. Actually, the loft room that we've converted for guests is pretty nice. I think he'll be happy, especially once he finds out we have got the Speckled Hen in specially.

It's all go.

Edited by Fiddlesticks
Grocer's apostrophe.
  • Like 4

Last quiet weekend at sea as next weekend all hell will be unleashed upon us. The light at the end of the tunnel of course is that once I've survived next weekend I'll be hopefully in Amsterdam Airport on the way home. At the moment the jury is still out as to whether the light is an onrushing train.

• Like 4

Local pub tomorrow to see a local duo who are really rather good in a zztop bluesy sort of way. 

Big heavy weekend next week! Norfolk for sister in law's birthday and bikes beer and bands :cheers:

Most of our family are going at some point!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

New Model Army gig tonight in Wolverhampton

Good luck with that. I almost fell asleep during the Amsterdam Xmas show - it's all just a bit too plodding and maudlin new stuff for me now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Today - being let down by carpet fitters who have cried off sick. Picked up Euros, did shopping, bought an open face helmet to throw in the hold when we go away. Daughter says open face helmets are "a bit gay". I guess I should be offended, but any young person who can survive the British university system and still come out with an insult like that is worthy of their parents' pride. (I won't tell her that, of course, I'll probably just call her a retard. 😉).  In any case, she's up in Scotland, so she'll probably end up in jail under Humza's latest diktat.

New Model Army gig tonight in Wolverhampton. Not sure whether Mrs. Fiddlesticks wants to go on two wheels or four yet. Oh for a bit of time to drop the tank and fix the dodgy light connector. We can work around it.

Mother, now-French brother and his family are arriving tomorrow to inspect the naked floorboards. (I have thrown a few rugs down). Including our son who'll be arriving from Manchester, that'll be seven house guests. I've stuck posit notes on all the doors so people can find their rooms, only my brother's usual box room is currently empty, down to the bare plaster. Still, to wind him up I've put his name on the door. Actually, the loft room that we've converted for guests is pretty nice. I think he'll be happy, especially once he finds out we have got the Speckled Hen in specially.

It's all go.

is Garry Numan there ?

7 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Mother, now-French brother and his family are arriving tomorrow to inspect the naked floorboards. (I have thrown a few rugs down). Including our son who'll be arriving from Manchester, that'll be seven house guests. I've stuck posit notes on all the doors so people can find their rooms,

I do high class buttling as a side line. Notes on the doors ?  Really ?  Standards old chap, please.  I don't drink, smoke or eat. I don't do pilfering and I don't pick up dog's jobbies. And I can make sure that Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons never darken you door again. Teeth and medals will be worn at all times.

Just send a private jet over to pick me up and we'll arrange my fee when your guests leave.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, curlylegend said:

I do high class buttling as a side line. Notes on the doors ?  Really ?  Standards old chap, please.  I don't drink, smoke or eat. I don't do pilfering and I don't pick up dog's jobbies. And I can make sure that Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons never darken you door again. Teeth and medals will be worn at all times.

Just send a private jet over to pick me up and we'll arrange my fee when your guests leave.

... And I just realised they are PostIt notes, rather than posit notes, which would be something entirely different, I would posit.

Anyway, the gig went well, and the Tiger got us home without incident - although a niggling doubt over an average speed camera zone on the A41 that I missed while looking at the sat nav. Time will tell...

IMG_20240426_215330.thumb.jpg.1eff87c5f3c0ed7e60bb34a6f58316fd.jpg

• Like 2

Working. If you can call it that. Look at the time. 3:45am

later this morning into town for my spring Covid booster. Deep joy at that. I’ll be rolling up my sleeve at 11am. So I expect Sunday I’ll feel a tad off all day and then right as rain again by Monday morning. Then back with the rampaging schizophrenics on Monday night. And that’s my weekend.

• Like 1