What you doing this weekend?

rennie

I bought some cheap lawn seeds from home bargains to cover some patches in the garden.

This before going on holidays.

Now it looks like the jungle...

🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, husoi said:

I bought some cheap lawn seeds from home bargains to cover some patches in the garden.

This before going on holidays.

Now it looks like the jungle...

🙄🙄🙄

Good excuse to buy a new mower 

Just now, Simon Davey said:

Good excuse to buy a new mower 

No way.

Selling the place, whoever takes over can get a proper mower. Happy with the second hand and metal blades instead those crap plastic ones 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

That's pretty detailed, some nice joinery. 

I'd love to have that skill 

Thanks but don't look too close 😂 it's not the best wood for it, but it was free apart from the ply, it's all just rough angles with hand saw, and one lap joint, the diagonal bits stop it from twisting and you use them to make it square, plan is to mount a router in it.

I'm going to make a removable kitchen unit for our import people carrier and wife won't want me gluing and clamping things on the dining room table.

It was only going to be 4ft but I had to buy a full 8x4 ply cause Wickes didn't half half or quarter, so I made it extend to 8ft, one side is hinged the other slots in, that's cause I only had 3 spare hinges and I'm too tight to buy another 😂 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bender said:

Thanks but don't look too close 😂 it's not the best wood for it, but it was free apart from the ply, it's all just rough angles with hand saw, and one lap joint, the diagonal bits stop it from twisting and you use them to make it square, plan is to mount a router in it.

I'm going to make a removable kitchen unit for our import people carrier and wife won't want me gluing and clamping things on the dining room table.

It was only going to be 4ft but I had to buy a full 8x4 ply cause Wickes didn't half half or quarter, so I made it extend to 8ft, one side is hinged the other slots in, that's cause I only had 3 spare hinges and I'm too tight to buy another 😂 

What's a hand saw? 😂

Nice to be handy, so many people miss out by not getting hands on. 

Then then spend a fortune getting someone else to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Router inset plate fitted, it's not the right one, it's for a palm/trim router but it was way cheaper than the bigger ones, I don't need a fence, the bench top is sacrificial so just screw one to it for what's needed.

Plate recess is bit wonky, free hand router work is not recommended.

Ideally I need to make a much bigger one as the router should lift out with the plate, that's not happening 😂 

I have a small palm router but they gets used for trimming, the one that's under the bench was free, it looks like it's been used once and was saved from a skip, some folk......

PXL_20240527_152208916.jpg

PXL_20240527_152203133.jpg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Bender said:

Router inset plate fitted, it's not the right one, it's for a palm/trim router but it was way cheaper than the bigger ones, I don't need a fence, the bench top is sacrificial so just screw one to it for what's needed.

Ideally I need to make a much bigger one as the router should lift out with the plate, that's not happening 😂 

I have a small palm router but they gets used for trimming, the one that's under the bench was free, it looks like it's been used once and was saved from a skip, some folk......

That's dope. I'll have a shop one day soon

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bender said:

You'll be working on a dust extractor before you know it..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

You'll be working on a dust extractor before you know it..

Now look I was wearing safety glasses don't push it, I can't really get the dust extractor fitted to it due to it's not fitted like how it oughta be.

I do have a hoover for the surface stuff, will just screw that to the top too 😂 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

Do you remember it though? 

Absolutely! I only had about 2 beers actually. 

• Like 1

Recovering from having my grandsons for the week. Bowling on Tuesday, Pizza on Wednesday, fishing at Blagon on Thursday and paint balling today. I'm knackered. Good lads though.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

Doing the lawn after engineering the mower.

Why on earth anyone would make a lawnmower with plastic blades is something beyond my comprehension.

IMG_20240601_212726.thumb.jpg.5c7926b253b8e51b612091054c9165c7.jpgso I decided to change it to something more durable.

Unfortunately the metal is too thin and garden full of stones 🙄🙄

IMG_20240601_212740.thumb.jpg.1a3c21a25b408370789ad8d140bb47ee.jpg

So, decided to spend £1 in a set of table knives 

IMG_20240601_212755.thumb.jpg.1aef9d5077d1ad992b9da3046cc91906.jpg

Then made this

IMG20240601115532.jpg

It works a treat 😁😁😁

Edited by husoi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, husoi said:

Doing the lawn after engineering the mower.

Why on earth anyone would make a lawnmower with plastic blades is something beyond my comprehension.

IMG_20240601_212726.thumb.jpg.5c7926b253b8e51b612091054c9165c7.jpgso I decided to change it to something more durable.

Unfortunately the metal is too thin and garden full of stones 🙄🙄

IMG_20240601_212740.thumb.jpg.1a3c21a25b408370789ad8d140bb47ee.jpg

So, decided to spend £1 in a set of table knives 

IMG_20240601_212755.thumb.jpg.1aef9d5077d1ad992b9da3046cc91906.jpg

Then made this

IMG20240601115532.jpg

It works a treat 😁😁😁

That looks savage, like something from Mad Max... 

Well done though, good thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Working this weekend Friday till 7am Tuesday morning. And the countdown has now begun to 16 days off - so this weekend and then next Thursday and Friday and done until July 8th.

I had 6 days (3 shifts) off in March so this is my first proper break since the Eifel last September. No self pity as I really enjoy my job. But a proper escape is long overdue.

I should be excited about a tour. But that was cancelled ages ago and it looks like I’ve dodged a bullet. The weather here hasn’t been very good - it’s been far, far worse over huge swathes of southern Europe. So, no great loss.

• Like 1

Setting off soon to see James in London tonight with my lad. I first saw James in 1985 when they supported The Smiths at Middlesbrough Town Hall. How old do I feel?!

We saw Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer last weekend. Weezer were fantastic, had the crowd in their hands. Smashing Pumpkins were great but insisted on playing tunes from recent albums and that kinda killed the mood between classic SP tunes likes 1979, Tonight Tonight and Zero.

Next is Foo Fighters on Thursday at the London Stadium. Busy month for gigs.

• Like 4