What you doing this weekend?

rennie

On 27/11/2020 at 11:01, XTreme said:

Look at this shit!

20201127_114120-min.thumb.jpg.ca1a755fa1f00613cf9c47c289ae00f3.jpg

cant-ride-sad.jpg.e34ea2f095b7b633650e5e8c2bea0fe5.jpg

Was just looking at the weather in Tenerife as we have an apartment there and in normal circumstances we go a couple of times a year. A week of rain (which only ever happens once a year)!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Seeing my granddaughter for the first time since July as the family reckon I am not plague infested. 

Lovely - enjoy!! (I'm still to see my 5-month old granddaughter in NYC as a consequence of CV-19 :classic_sad:)

Edited by learningtofly
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

Lovely - enjoy!! (I'm still to see my 5-month old granddaughter in NYC :classic_sad:)

Never ever seen my two grandsons in Poland.......long story summarised by our son is with a psycho bitch!

10 minutes ago, skyrider said:

yeah a lot of despatchers used them dont know if they still do

I used to wear them when I was riding round Liverpool delivering paperwork on my little CG 125 on roads that were awash with diesel. They did me fine. Fortunately I never crashed the bike whilst wearing them. That might have been a different story.

It looks like the shit weather is on it's way out!

715431531_Screenshot2020-12-11143958.jpg.593b68bff38a83ce9b265c4df35fddfe.jpg

But it's blowing a gale today.....you can hardly stand up outside!

Fingers crossed I'll be able to get out for a while Saturday and Sunday.......though being in the middle of a server migration may put the kybosh on that!

What's happening with you guys?

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Wet all weekend here, so it's another weekend of decorating, what is it with women and Xmas and decorating 

My OH has decreed no decorating until January when we'll be  cheesed off anyway. Winner!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

My OH has decreed no decorating until January when we'll be  cheesed off anyway. Winner!

We having carpet fitted Monday, house has had crappy laminate fitted since before we moved in, 14yrs ago, so I've not done bad putting it off.

List of todo.

Tonight

Finish papering and painting and refit Hall radiator 

Sat

Replace floorboards on landing making sure I don't do a @MarkW

Fit new radiator in lounge. Connect new radiator in front porch, minor job of taking up laminate in bedroom where the pipes are lurking to get to heating.

Seal new floor in hall, remove laminate in livingroom, paint livingroom walls and ceiling, glue down 45m of gripper rods as we have a stupid bitumen asphalt asbestos floors.

I'm getting too depressed for Sundays list.

• Sad 1

Cycling Saturday Morning ...

Our youngest, Riley, is coming Saturday morning to Monday night ... looking forward to that ..

The girls went to Uncle Johns at 1600hrs today and will be back Sunday evening ...

Mayhem ... no just family ...  and Sunday early afternoon ... guess what .... Cycling !! 

And off to work Monday on the Himma ... Rotherham to Preston .... short day ... 

3 minutes ago, skyrider said:

we have had this one twenty odd years and still in good nick . saves buying a new one every year :classic_dry:

Yea we have a fake one, got it cheap at end of bnq sale, it has built in lights and it's most chavtastic feature is the  revolve function 😂 

Makes decorating it a doddle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bender said:

Yea we have a fake one, got it cheap at end of bnq sale, it has built in lights and it's most chavtastic feature is the  revolve function 😂 

Makes decorating it a doddle.

yep it makes it easy if you can spin it round :classic_laugh:

On 11/12/2020 at 17:39, Bender said:

We having carpet fitted Monday, house has had crappy laminate fitted since before we moved in, 14yrs ago, so I've not done bad putting it off.

List of todo.

Tonight

Finish papering and painting and refit Hall radiator 

Sat

Replace floorboards on landing making sure I don't do a @MarkW

Fit new radiator in lounge. Connect new radiator in front porch, minor job of taking up laminate in bedroom where the pipes are lurking to get to heating.

Seal new floor in hall, remove laminate in livingroom, paint livingroom walls and ceiling, glue down 45m of gripper rods as we have a stupid bitumen asphalt asbestos floors.

I'm getting too depressed for Sundays list.

So how did it go? Was it a success, or are you frantically arranging buckets and bowls under the drips coming through the dining room ceiling whilst your wife watches from the sofa and tells the kids that she's married to a total bellend who has the IQ of a really stupid donkey? Not that I have any first hand experience of that, of course...

:oops:

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, MarkW said:

So how did it go? Was it a success, or are you frantically arranging buckets and bowls under the drips coming through the dining room ceiling whilst your wife watches from the sofa and tells the kids that she's married to a total bellend who has the IQ of a really stupid donkey? Not that I have any first hand experience of that, of course...

:oops:

All went well, although more by luck than judgment, I had put half dozen screws in before I even thought about pipes, having enough fittings to repair half the street is always a good back-up, only issue I had was radiator not working in porch, I should have looked at instructions.

It's a decorative tube one with a baffle and only works with flow the right way, it wasn't so had to spin it round.