What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Repaired the extractor fan in the kitchen, the toilet flush, halfway through my new wine rack.

All this using my purpose made tools.

Router table

table saw

and metal clamps :) 

I had my daughter for 1 night this weekend not 3.

So I spent the time putting up Christmas decks and doing present drops chatting on for steps, without her.

Apparently grandparents and step dad's are more important than parents.

When your in meditation with X wife includes her dad (child's grandad) he is present at every session (I am on own).

Even though the agreement I signed for 3rd party involvement had no one listed. Even given this meditation is not under duress and is still fair, as" Mum's need the support". 

So far having my daughter for the 3rd time for Christmas in 13 years has cost me.

Seeing her for my birthday meal (at 24 hours notice),  3 weeks access (and I think 3 more to come) and reduced acces over the Christmas holidays.

The Christmas present to the solisitors is over £1000 already. 

Because she must see her grandparents her cousins I have even lost access because of her step dad.

With me she will see me my partner and her dad on Christmas Day.  The had been other plans but access had been cut daughter won't be with us.

Yet they

"Don’t really understand how this is not reasonable access"

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

I know you say you cant survive on pension and that you cant just sit around but mate your not getting any younger.....you cant keep it up forever 

The thing is, it's not physically hard Rich.......I just sit on my ass looking at the screen everyday.

And most of the time it's not stressful because all the infrastructure and systems are set up in such a way that it runs like a well oiled machine.

I've also dropped a number of clients since my boy left 4 years ago so the workload and pressure is greatly reduced......and as long as there's no major upheavals like server switches (every 4 to 5 years) it's quite manageable.

The other thing is.....you've never met me so don't think I'm like the average 66 year old. I'm not! Mentally or physically. When I tell people my age they don't believe me......they think I'm years younger than that. The guys in the feed warehouses know how old and I am and they're just bewildered that I grab 35kg bags of horsefeed and just throw them about. The equivalent Dago usually has a walking stick or something!

Sure, there's a lot of miles on the clock.......but I'm doing OK!

hgku.jpg.9adf27c07e1cdcdd6105dc56596bb8dc.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

One sea I am sorry to read this, I cannot imagine how hard that must all be.

Thanks to be honest after a over decade I should be used to it...  It's not always like this, however I am always waiting for the next reason to stop access, the first lockdown cost near enough 2 months access.

However toll it has taken on me personally, professionally and financially over the last decade can never be undone...

Guest Richzx6r
52 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The thing is, it's not physically hard Rich.......I just sit on my ass looking at the screen everyday.

And most of the time it's not stressful because all the infrastructure and systems are set up in such a way that it runs like a well oiled machine.

I've also dropped a number of clients since my boy left 4 years ago so the workload and pressure is greatly reduced......and as long as there's no major upheavals like server switches (every 4 to 5 years) it's quite manageable.

The other thing is.....you've never met me so don't think I'm like the average 66 year old. I'm not! Mentally or physically. When I tell people my age they don't believe me......they think I'm years younger than that. The guys in the feed warehouses know how old and I am and they're just bewildered that I grab 35kg bags of horsefeed and just throw them about. The equivalent Dago usually has a walking stick or something!

Sure, there's a lot of miles on the clock.......but I'm doing OK!

hgku.jpg.9adf27c07e1cdcdd6105dc56596bb8dc.jpg

Still just dont over do it mate

18 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Still just dont over do it mate

Thanks Rich........but if you ever came over here and came out with me, I'd be the one saying that to you! :classic_laugh:

XTreme......breaking the mould for OAP's since 2019! :classic_cool:

jhu.jpg.0f0be291ede882544eee0fd983abc85f.jpg

Read it and weep @Swagman :classic_laugh:

Guest Richzx6r
20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Thanks Rich........but if you ever came over here and came out with me, I'd be the one saying that to you! :classic_laugh:

I do plan to join you for a week or so next year

Guest Swagman
2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I’m sorry I can’t weep as I’m crying my eyes out with laughter, my sides are splitting here, don’t crouch down you old fogie you’ll never get up again.🤣🤣🤣

On 21/12/2020 at 09:10, onesea said:

Thanks to be honest after a over decade I should be used to it...  It's not always like this, however I am always waiting for the next reason to stop access, the first lockdown cost near enough 2 months access.

However toll it has taken on me personally, professionally and financially over the last decade can never be undone...

It sucks, I know, good luck for the future.

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

Trying to round up two mad horses.....

I used to own Fell ponies .... this is Davids Horse Ownership Simulator for those that would like to try horse ownership;

Stand naked on top of a hill in pouring rain, in winter, drop house bricks on your feet while setting fire to £20 notes.

That just about sums it up !

Edited by Trooper74
  • Haha 1

worked and slept. my 'weekend' starts today, back at work Wednesday night at 9.

but, this weekend hasn't exactly been a non-event. I had some Apple gift cards for Christmas and so, armed with them. plus the trade-in value on my current phone. I bit the bullet on Saturday and upgraded. new phone is slated to arrive between the 6th and 8th. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

worked and slept. my 'weekend' starts today, back at work Wednesday night at 9.

but, this weekend hasn't exactly been a non-event. I had some Apple gift cards for Christmas and so, armed with them. plus the trade-in value on my current phone. I bit the bullet on Saturday and upgraded. new phone is slated to arrive between the 6th and 8th. 

Been a not too shabby Christmas for you.