What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Guest Swagman
1 hour ago, rennie said:

virtual karaoke with The Norfolk nutters tomorrow :cheers:

Christmas shopping Monday (only for Sue we've got the rest)

food shopping Tues

Our neighbour went into town shopping today said it was absolutely mad, no self distancing at all, there’s no wonder the rate here is rising every day.

1 hour ago, Swagman said:

Our neighbour went into town shopping today said it was absolutely mad, no self distancing at all, there’s no wonder the rate here is rising every day.

Come the New Year and the numbers will go through the roof!

26 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Come the New Year and the numbers will go through the roof!

They are already climbing. Two weeks ago my area was 95 cases per 100,000 its now 140. One interesting statistic though was 1/3 of positive results are asymptomatic so things are not perhaps so awful as they might appear. Also in per capita terms the UK  is going downwards in the league of fatalities. Pretty crass to get any pleasure out of any deaths but things do seem slightly improved. Not that they could have got much worse!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

They are already climbing. Two weeks ago my area was 95 cases per 100,000 its now 140. One interesting statistic though was 1/3 of positive results are asymptomatic so things are not perhaps so awful as they might appear. Also in per capita terms the UK  is going downwards in the league of fatalities. Pretty crass to get any pleasure out of any deaths but things do seem slightly improved. Not that they could have got much worse!

Numbers are going to rise here as well.....but at least the people are following the directives and using masks!

So hopefully it's not going to rise to the levels we had earlier in the year.....I don't want another 9 weeks of incarceration.

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Numbers are going to rise here as well.....but at least the people are following the directives and using masks!

So hopefully it's not going to rise to the levels we had earlier in the year.....I don't want another 9 weeks of incarceration.

To be fair last week i had to go up to London  and  the  train was virtually empty with no more than 20 people in my carriage. Everyone was masked up and when I was in London in crowded areas most people were wearing masks. Also as I had time to kill before my return train I walked up to the Borough Market  and everyone there was following the rules. I think a lot of folks are like me accepting and following the rules for now even if they do bitterly resent it.

• Like 1

Guest Swagman
3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

To be fair last week i had to go up to London  and  the  train was virtually empty with no more than 20 people in my carriage. Everyone was masked up and when I was in London in crowded areas most people were wearing masks. Also as I had time to kill before my return train I walked up to the Borough Market  and everyone there was following the rules. I think a lot of folks are like me accepting and following the rules for now even if they do bitterly resent it.

That wasn’t the same on Tuesday night they went mental, no social distance o masks just booze and mingling.

6 hours ago, Swagman said:

That wasn’t the same on Tuesday night they went mental, no social distance o masks just booze and mingling.

Seems to be the pattern - just before an area goes into a tighter degree of control numbers of the populace kick back with an "eat, drink and be merry because tomorrow (we probably won't but might) die" . Given that the vast majority of us still have no direct experience of the plague that's nor really surprising.

21 hours ago, XTreme said:

This weekend doesn't look too bad.......could have done with it a bit warmer though.

And it doesn't look like we're going to get the freaky 20C over Xmas that we had last year either.

925089801_Screenshot2020-12-18115037.jpg.bc1dcfdf8f29934b489e48ddb1c88028.jpg

But I'll battle through regardless.......with any luck I'll be out Saturday and Sunday.

And now we can cross into any another Andalucian province (which would be Almeria or Jaen in my case)........but we cannot leave Andalucia. So Murcia is out of bounds!

What are you Twats, Casuals and Gammons up to?

I look at your forecast and realise I both like and hate you in equal measure 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Things carry on here as usual in the Peoples Republic of south Yorkshire. We've been in tier 3 and lockdown so long you hardly notice ... pubs are closed ... thats about it ... amazing how having your freedom curtailed becomes the norm so quickly, I expect thats the governments plan. Take away the muzzles and it would be impossible to discern the difference.

Bright and sunny weekend so pick up the youngest at 10 (3), get a ride out on the motorbike with number 1 grandson this afternoon, cook for our reduced tribe (girls at uncle johns) this evening, watch Mandolorian. Up with baby in the morning until Julie comes round then out cycling for a few hours ... little one's mummies are coming round for a coffee and to take him home around 3 ... then a quiet night for me Julie and Connor in front of netflix / prime ... 

Work in the morning ....:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Trooper74

Guest Richzx6r
On 01/12/2020 at 17:43, Ian Frog said:

If he opens I will buy you a pint in the George ! (Rest of you freeloaders can fook off before you ask ! @Mawsleyis local enough to make it !)

I am gagging for a pint lol.

Cheers

Ian

Wheres my freeloader pint:scratch: I can make a day of it

Guest Swagman
3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Seems to be the pattern - just before an area goes into a tighter degree of control numbers of the populace kick back with an "eat, drink and be merry because tomorrow (we probably won't but might) die" . Given that the vast majority of us still have no direct experience of the plague that's nor really surprising.

No but the way they are carrying on quite a lot more may get a taste of the plague, and a lot of the receivers may not make it, we just live in a very selfish world I suppose.🤕🤕

Guest Swagman
1 minute ago, Six30 said:

warm here today , roads soaking though , if they dry out later i might try and get out .

Yeah same here if it does dry out but that wind here has dropped so can’t see it happening.💨💨