What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Traded the GS…

… for my old S1000R. That bike now has 3 owners. Me being two of them. And it cost me £6k for the privilege. 🤦‍♂️

worth it though. I miss that bike.

4EF0CEA2-A938-4CD0-AAAF-A5EBE3E5D9B0.jpeg

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Tinkicker said:

Got the VFR MOTd.  It has done 240 miles since this time last year.

I got the MOT on mine last week and I was shocked that I'd done over 8000 miles in the year. Obviously had a busy year!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I got the MOT on mine last week and I was shocked that I'd done over 8000 miles in the year. Obviously had a busy year!

Bloody marvellous, put many to shame,  considering you spend most of your time on the ocean  

• Thanks 1

I added a thunderbox to my tiger so that I could get a switched usb socket at the front of the bike. I'll add an innov camera system down the line which I'll connect into this too. 

I much prefer these types of things to having to cut into factory wiring. 

Link to thunder boxes incase you've not heard of them. https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/tb/

IMG_3264.jpeg

• Like 4

Quick engine oil change and shaft oil change on the K13S. Went as planned, thankfully BMW provided a drain plug on the K13S final drive so I didn’t have to split and drop the shaft drive like I did with the K12S. 

Ended up going to a local aquarium store to get a large syringe and clear tubing to do the job!

Bike nearly ready for a trip to Germany next week. 

• Like 4

Did some fettling on Claudia, put her on charge for an hour or so. Fitted some tubing between the two float bowls, which stopped the fuel from leaking out all over the place, only as temporary solution until I get the carbs off and serviced. She started up on the button though and ran sweetly on tickover until the carbs ran dry :thumb:

• Like 2

Took Mrs. Fiddlesticks for a short run to Eastham on the new Thunderbird Storm between actual rain storms. The local bike club were doing a fundraiser for MND. Sat and listened to the band for a bit.

Some pics of the wee beastie. Very happy so far - slowly getting used to this whole feet first malarkey.

IMG_20230709_182530_edit_912252244877466.thumb.jpg.959527cb8ef11391ce19cac5fce5ceda.jpgIMG_20230709_182657.thumb.jpg.186c9c8d99caf2f3e670cdec7f2df536.jpg

Edited by Fiddlesticks
  • Like 9

Did the weekly checks on the Kawasaki with help of the eldest grandson, he can remember to look at the brake fluid, oil level, tyres and lights. He was dead chuffed we found the tail light was blown and had to replace the bulb.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, onesea said:

Did some checks before my MOT Tuesday, then changed front brake pads.

Got this part left, any ideas? 🤔

image.thumb.png.aa05a187f357b70217364f69a207d744.png

Maurits Escher wants his workshop back.

Parked it outside the garage ready for a wash. That was 5 hrs ago and haven’t done it yet. Might have to go put it away again then do the same tomorrow…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dropped off GS (good riddance), rode it back home. Added smaller reg plate, quad lock, battery tender cable and other accessories. 

Amazing how used you get to the positioning and comfort of the GS. Also forgot what it was like to have the wind try and remove your helmet at speed. 🤣

It’s good to be back on a naked.

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 5

I removed, cleaned and painted the weights mounted on the bracket for the passenger footpegs on the CBF. They are mounted on rubber pads and are free to move about.

I have no idea what they are for. I'm guessing some form of resonance damping. 

• Like 1

Bought a std exhaust for the R1, want to get it back to original as far as possible.

Just indicators, rear mudguard and screen to go.

Fired it up for the first time since April, naturally much quieter but sounded good.

20230722_151915_copy_4080x1836.jpeg

20230722_151923_copy_4080x1836.jpeg

• Like 4

New front tyre on the Tiger Explorer. Bikesafe course booked next weekend, wouldn't be a good look to turn up with squared off tyres down to the wear markings.

IMG_20230723_155752.thumb.jpg.58652d28ecb968ebaa414b9e662cdaac.jpg

Unfortunately, it looks as if the brakes are also in need of replacing. The r/h pads are not much thicker than a piece of paper. I don't understand it, they were fine when I bought the bike!

Oh well, something to keep me occupied in the week.

The rear (Michelin Road 5 Trail) is still relatively healthy after 7,800 miles.

In other news, the Titan compressor purchased last year from Screwfix was making a rather bad smell and not getting up to pressure and then cutting out as expected. Stuck it in the back of the car, took it in to the shop expecting them to send it away for inspection. Instead, they just swapped it for a new one, no questions asked. It still has a year on the warranty left. Fair play to them.

• Like 3

Took the Bobber for MOT - passed no problems.

Yesterday I met a guy who keeps bees, rides motorbikes and sails boats. Needless to say we got on quite well. Just as my MOT was finishing he rolled up on his bike for his MOT. It's a small world.

• Like 2

Replaced the 43 year old damper rubbers in the clutch basket of my DT175.  They had gone rock hard and were getting louder and louder everytime I rode it.

By the time it sounded like a cement mixer with a brick in it at idle, I figured it was time to pull my finger out.

• Like 1