Fire Work haters

onesea

Is that pets or fireworks?

Both are consumers of money and time and loved by some, loathed by others !

Cheers

Ian

Fireworks but the same would apply to cats,dogs etc.

Don't dislike cats or dogs, just don't want the hassle or expense of owning any again.

We had two cats some years ago, well the Mrs and kids did, I just stumped up the vet bills, picked up the turds in the garden, put up with cat hair everywhere, clawed doors and furniture, yelling at them to get off the settee or kitchen worktops; lots of positives really.

get a dog , cats are just weird little fookers.

CDF26BBB-4987-4FD5-94F5-D64E6F4757EA.thumb.jpeg.16a538fb011b1a4db916f77dc8039c98.jpeg

Who you calling weird??

Fireworks but the same would apply to cats,dogs etc.

Don't dislike cats or dogs, just don't want the hassle or expense of owning any again.

We had two cats some years ago, well the Mrs and kids did, I just stumped up the vet bills, picked up the turds in the garden, put up with cat hair everywhere, clawed doors and furniture, yelling at them to get off the settee or kitchen worktops; lots of positives really.

get a dog , cats are just weird little fookers.

CDF26BBB-4987-4FD5-94F5-D64E6F4757EA.jpeg

Who you calling weird??

nice pussy

A mate's granny used to work for a company importing fireworks. They had a whole consignment of mini rockets withdrawn from sale because the fuses were to short, in fact none existent really.

Unfortunately they disappeared on the way to being disposed off safely and no one ever discovered where they went.

:twisted:

That's how I discovered how fast policemen can run. But they can't slip through the gap in the park railings. :cheers:

Generally I don't like fireworks. I just don't see the point of a lot of noise and smoke for 10min of 2 or 3 different types of white or red lights.

My cat can't be bothered about it so not an issue.

I don't hate it, it is a waste of energy to hate anything so I just ignore it.

Still think there are other more important things to spend the money. But at the end of the day I don't care :cheers:

Generally I don't like fireworks. I just don't see the point of a lot of noise and smoke for 10min of 2 or 3 different types of white or red lights.

Still think there are other more important things to spend the money. But at the end of the day I don't care :cheers:

You must have been to some shit firework displays then .

You must have been to some shit firework displays then .

YEAH!!

London and Edinburgh new year ones.

In all honesty it is about celebrating a man that tried to blow up the houses of parliament, which is fine.

But the TWAT FAILED what is there to celebrate :lol:

I still think he was probably the last person with honest intentions to enter that place !

Cheers

Ian

In all honesty it is about celebrating a man that tried to blow up the houses of parliament, which is fine.

But the TWAT FAILED what is there to celebrate :lol:

By a strange coincidence it also falls roughly on the festivals of Beltane and Diwali , both of which celebrate fire and light .

The main reason people celebrated the failure of the Gunpowder Plot was because they didn't want people on continental Europe making decisions about how we live in Britain.

Guy Fawkes and his colleagues were Roman Catholics and people had been led to believe that the issue at stake was the sovereignty of Britain. Are we ruled by an English government or one based in Rome? So the failure of the Gunpowder Plot was simply a pre-run of Brexit.

The main reason people celebrated the failure of the Gunpowder Plot was because they didn't want people on continental Europe making decisions about how we live in Britain.

Guy Fawkes and his colleagues were Roman Catholics and people had been led to believe that the issue at stake was the sovereignty of Britain. Are we ruled by an English government or one based in Rome? So the failure of the Gunpowder Plot was simply a pre-run of Brexit.

& that’s why the Guy goes on top of the bonfire

All leads to the question is Guy Forks the only man to enter the houses of parliament with honourable intentions?

As a side note i enjoy fire works, more as an excuse to get together and have a fun night.

My post was more about the haters than my view on fire works...

Looks like they’ll be plenty of pathetic two sparklers and a catherine wheel type displays this year.

Yep, one will be in our back garden & the grandkids will love it !!

Along with burgers & faggot & pea batches.

About proper fireworks...

The video is pretty self-explanatory.

But a little bit of history, St John's is Porto's patron saint (most common patron saints are Peter, Paul and John) and every year there is a proper festival to celebrate it finalized with an "average" fireworks...

I shall be spending my money buying takeaway from our local pub. The do the most excellent haddock and chips with mushy peas. I'd rather spend my hard earned supporting a local business.

We have some left over sparklers I can put in the pudding just for tradition.

If I see any kids with a guy that has a mask of Dominic Cummings they'll get a tenner.

Find this thread funny as I recently got into a scuff with someone over it.

I ignored her various rants over the days until I spotted one where I saw she was a first time dog owner, and called someone who politely tried to placate/reason with her a c-word. So I decided to dose her with her own poison. Told her she sounded like someone who had moved in next to a pub, and now wanted the pub to close because of the noise, but previously never had a problem going to pubs next to houses before, so maybe back off the name calling and try and talk it out with people :|

Cue piles of drivel, name calling, I didn't even reply, she was replying to what she thought I might reply. So I just back out, but the next day or two she switches to going on about how kids these days are nasty little vandals, and where do they pick it up, so I posted a screenshot of the c-word incident mentioned above, and said "Because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree sometimes".

I got a message from the admin, turns out she's friends with his wife and was going off the rails about me, so he said to get her off his back and not cause problems with his wifes friends, he was banning me for 2 days :lol:

Hell hath no fury eh...

Well I received this delightful message posted through my door on Friday evening, what a masterclass in the art of passive-aggressive behaviour!

No name or address, but they still signed it!?

Straight in there with threats of reporting us to the council :roll:

My dog is not a fan of fireworks, but she definitely does not bark 'continuously'.

20201107_145915.thumb.jpg.ce21dacb3ce824420c30d6e1f5a2fdc5.jpg

Well I received this delightful message posted through my door on Friday evening, what a masterclass in the art of passive-aggressive behaviour!

No name or address, but they still signed it!?

Straight in there with threats of reporting us to the council :roll:

My dog is not a fan of fireworks, but she definitely does not bark 'continuously'.

20201107_145915.jpg

Go to B&Q get a few orange earplug bags and give a few to each household :lol:

Some people have too much time on their hands...

On the other hand, you can complain to the police because someone is writing you anonymous letters.

I would be surprised if that is a legal move. :thumb: