Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

On 27/02/2023 at 10:33, goat said:

Anyone heard from @fastbob? Not seen him around here for a while.

Yes! 

He sent me a message yesterday he has a new phone and struggling to get on but not heard anything since :? 

• Like 4

Good Afternoon :classic_biggrin: looks like I'll be looking for some sort of new employment in a few months! :scratch:

All a bit up in the air at the moment but the company I work for is going to cease to trade.

consultation period starts Monday (All engineering staff going in on days)

Probable redundancy period after that. I really don't fancy trying to get a new job at my stage in life!:crybaby:

• Sad 9

Just now, rennie said:

energy costs and the no more  engines with crankshafts after 2030 I think:scratch:

Hadn't thought of that either. Marine engines will still be using crankshafts but I guess that's a drop in the ocean compared to the millions needed for cars every year. The law of unintended consequences is going to raise its ugly head more and more often I think.

We were looking at getting marine accreditation a while ago but it never happened:scratch:

We already make mainly tractor/plant/commercial stuff. Almost no car crankshafts recently.

I haven't completely given up that 1 of the bigger plant customers may buy us out!

( They'll have to get their crankshafts from somewhere)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rennie said:

We were looking at getting marine accreditation a while ago but it never happened:scratch:

We already make mainly tractor/plant/commercial stuff. Almost no car crankshafts recently.

I haven't completely given up that 1 of the bigger plant customers may buy us out!

( They'll have to get their crankshafts from somewhere)

Fingers crossed for you Rennie I was an engineer apprentice after leaving school on was made redundant 4 times before I was 20 in the 90's. Loved my first job we built fire snorkels dead man's shoes type of job. Hopefully a resolution will happen

• Like 1

On 02/03/2023 at 13:24, rennie said:

Good Afternoon :classic_biggrin: looks like I'll be looking for some sort of new employment in a few months! :scratch:

All a bit up in the air at the moment but the company I work for is going to cease to trade.

consultation period starts Monday (All engineering staff going in on days)

Probable redundancy period after that. I really don't fancy trying to get a new job at my stage in life!:crybaby:

That is a bummer for you rennie I hope it all works out for you and your fellow workers. This country is losing so much engineering skill and talent all we will have left is burger flippers and coffee shops.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

F*cking building work.

Timber framers have gone into liquidation. No idea what's now happening with that.

Builder subcontracts electrical work, builder won't tell us when he's coming, electrician says he's given a date to the builder but won't say when it is. We both work from home and funnily enough need to know when you might be turning the bloody power off you obtuse fucktards. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My boss handed me a bit of bike today must of fallen of a couple of days ago.  My response 20 year old triumph what do you expect?

Then his gleaming 6 month old  BMW 1600GT would still not be there like my triumph when you left your key in the panniers for a 10 hour shift 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, goat said:

F*cking building work.

Timber framers have gone into liquidation. No idea what's now happening with that.

Builder subcontracts electrical work, builder won't tell us when he's coming, electrician says he's given a date to the builder but won't say when it is. We both work from home and funnily enough need to know when you might be turning the bloody power off you obtuse fucktards. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

😱😱😱

Wife tells me we are spending too much money on stupid stuff. I agreed and told her I would stop the eBay purchasing for a while. Nothing expensive just pretty much random bits of tat.

This sticker came in the post today, forgot I'd ordered it. Wonder how long before she notices 🤣

received_5747057752078894.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

Wife tells me we are spending too much money on stupid stuff. I agreed and told her I would stop the eBay purchasing for a while. Nothing expensive just pretty much random bits of tat.

This came in the post today, forgot I'd ordered it. Wonder how long before she notices 🤣

received_5747057752078894.jpeg

Obviously you need to be banned from ebay!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bianco2564 said:

Anyone else hear the sonic boom today?

We were shopping in Rugby and heard it.

Daughter in Daventry heard it too and said it shook the house.

Nope! never heard a thing :? 

30 minutes ago, Bianco2564 said:

Edited by Yorky

1 hour ago, Bianco2564 said:

No but did pop up on my news feed. Most likely an aircraft with a communication/security issue and the RAF follow it to its destination or redirect it to Stanstead if there's a security issue.