Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

A. It produced very few pears.

B. The few it produce were rock hard for weeks, then overnight went soft.

C. It is right next to the house so the roots will be playing silly beggars with the drains and foundations.

D. It was covering several windows.

E. It was damaging the gutters.

F. I was bored.

Don't forget to poison it ....

Unless your digging it out ..which you will wish you had left the trunk attached for levarage

If not poisoned it will return ...in varied suckers along its root base .

SSSHHHH don't tell him that :P

would be nice having the poor thing sprouting stronger and start to give more pears :D

Until your house insurance claim for structural issues is rejected because of it ...

Or your premium is increased because of its proximity

Don't forget to poison it ....

Unless your digging it out ..which you will wish you had left the trunk attached for levarage

If not poisoned it will return ...in varied suckers along its root base .

would be nice having the poor thing sprouting stronger and start to give more pears :D

Until your house insurance claim for structural issues is rejected because of it ...

When you buy the policy you would have to tell them how many how big and the distance from the house trees are. So if you make a claim about a declared tree you will be covered.

When you buy the policy you would have to tell them how many how big and the distance from the house trees are. So if you make a claim about a declared tree you will be covered.

Exactly ... But as above be prepared for the premium to increase AND in the event of a claim the first recommended practice is to remove all potential at fault foliage within a distance of the property so you will

A.pay more for your insurance

B. Lose the tree anyway

C. Pay more for future premiums as you have claimed in the last x years

Have had to remove some amazing specimen trees and shrubs due to this over previous years and seen householders brought to tears .

When my parents lived in rural Herefordshire their home was an old forge. There was a chestnut tree which had been planted by the then blacksmith after WW1. It was bloody enormous and eventually started growing into their house wall. Had to apply to the council to remove it and the total cost including repairs to the wall was about £3000. This was in 1997. Probably did well to get the pear when it was small!

• Like 1

@goat I might have missed it but what did you do in the end, tell her or risk it and have you been subsequently been offered the job? 😬

wuz wunderin the same thing

Went to a local yamaha dealer. New r1 in Turkey is £24k 🤯 That's about 8k more than in the UK. Turkey is cheap for rent and food, but not gadgets...

Fly back to Blighty. Pick up gixxer from home. Ride to Turkey.

Simples. And less than £24k.

Actually a better idea is to fly to Blighty, px gixxer for a GS or ruffty-tuffty KTM and ride that to Turkey.

And do it soon, before snow comes to the Carpathians.

12 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Pears are the shittest fruit. Nobody likes pears unless they’re fermented.

9 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Actually my wife really likes pears and I don't mind them. Trick is trying to get them at their best. A day early and they're like wood but a day late and they're mush.

I love pears!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, learningtofly said:
12 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Pears are the shittest fruit. Nobody likes pears unless they’re fermented.

9 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I love pears!

I like a nice pair.:seeya:

Edited by JRH
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, rennie said:

Good Evening

I sat down in front of this after lunch (was a bit cold) and have been unable to move since, I am now desiccated. If I can catch a passing person to bring me a cup of tea it will be a good afternoon, evening and day wasted- my favourite kind of Tuesday.

85BBD654-0918-479D-B2B2-6A9E455D4485.jpeg