Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

On 04/11/2021 at 16:42, Steve_M said:

Good evening. 
Last night, around 10pm, the Northern Lights were visible from near our location. The photo was taken by someone in the nearby town. I’d been outside looking at the night sky earlier but missed the spectacle. It’s something I’ve wanted to see since I visited Norway as a youth. 

Tonight I shall be staying up, standing at the top of the paddock looking north, camera in hand, hoping to see it. 

Wish me luck.

E8CA0188-1AB7-41BB-8EA7-81F7B6E12982.jpeg

A friend of mine took this shot on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula west of Fort William last week . 

Screenshot_20211125-115943.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

🤦‍♂️

The police just knocked on our daughter's front door, looking sheepish. They've gone and crashed into her car which was parked outside the house. 

Well at least they'll be insured!

2 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

🤦‍♂️

The police just knocked on our daughter's front door, looking sheepish. They've gone and crashed into her car which was parked outside the house. 

The phrase " Untold misery and distress " is worth bearing in mind when filling in the compensation form . I'm sure I got at least an extra grand's worth of PPI compensation by putting this in the extra notes section . 

30 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

🤦‍♂️

I hope she breathalysed them and check the mobile phone use 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, DuRavary said:

But are they? Military vehicles aren’t. 

I'd have to ask my son in law but even if not you'd be covered for any damages caused. Even if they insure themselves through Crown exemption you wouldn't get away with trashing citizens property. There'd be a hell of a stink!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I'd have to ask my son in law but even if not you'd be covered for any damages caused. Even if they insure themselves through Crown exemption you wouldn't get away with trashing citizens property. There'd be a hell of a stink!

The exemption doesn't exempt them from liability, its just a state liability. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Certainly tomorrow off work for her while the car is checked to see if it is safe to drive !

Loss of earnings/taxi fares etc.

Wish her the best with getting it sorted.

Cheers

Ian

She's on maternity leave at the moment, but she will need a car to get the little one to everything. 

Late good morning here, rode home early hours (0230) this morning.  I know it was cold but must of had a bad combination of cold damp and untreated roads.

Bike was all over, crossing white lines every time wheels just slipped off them. Have ridden at all hours a few years now and never had roads so slippery.  
Front end had a moment, I think it was just the camber.

Got home shiny side up so happy with  that, tonight I will take the car…

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Boat insurance is a bit different from bike insurance.

Yesterday afternoon I rang my insurers to say I'd sold one boat and bought another. The premium on the one I sold was £42 for the year and it didn't have long to run so I'd assumed it would just expire.

This morning's post brought a cheque for £9.30 as a pro-rata refund, and the policy documents for the new boat.

• Like 1