Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

6 minutes ago, goat said:

You're procrastinating again. Get off that damned phone.

HEY!!

I'm a very busy person.

check emails every hour

making my own morning proper brew coffee, green tea, goji berries tea after lunch, watch youtube videos during work.

Do actual work (a little) 😋

design prototypes for my projects

find the cheapest deals for my tools and materials. That takes days.

And if it takes me 2 years to decorate the house, you can't expect me to replace the flooring in a couple weeks. 🙄

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, husoi said:

HEY!!

I'm a very busy person.

check emails every hour

making my own morning proper brew coffee, green tea, goji berries tea after lunch, watch youtube videos during work.

Do actual work (a little) 😋

design prototypes for my projects

find the cheapest deals for my tools and materials. That takes days.

And if it takes me 2 years to decorate the house, you can't expect me to replace the flooring in a couple weeks. 🙄

I'm beginning to think you don't even want to do the flooring. It was your idea and now all of a sudden your life is too important. Well let's just live in a shithole then, or maybe you can live in that infernal trailer. 

1 minute ago, goat said:

I'm beginning to think you don't even want to do the flooring. It was your idea and now all of a sudden your life is too important. Well let's just live in a shithole then, or maybe you can live in that infernal trailer. 

Don't be daft 😡

Of course I'm doing the flooring, and will be done better than if it was a professional doing it.

What I have not tell you yet is what else goes with it.

Replacing the whole house flooring except the kitchen which means engineered wooden and click vinyl in bathrooms.

The house will need redecorated (again) prior fitting the flooring because I'm not painting on new flooring.

Then need new skirt boards because the existing ones are shait with 10mm thickness instead the min 15mm. Can't even reuse most of them as they are MDF.

Remove all the existing flooring and whatever crap the previous owner put there.

Find space in other rooms to place all the furniture and stuff from each room.

Bathrooms (3 of them) will need 12mm plywood base so the floor is all levelled and I don't have different levels each time I walk from one to the other. While I'm doing the bathrooms, I better replace the basin and toilet pan with a end-to-end wall cabinet with built-in basin and pan.

So, on top of the 3k that I've spend on the floor I'll be spending around 5k on everything else.

I don't think a "shithole" really fits what I'll be doing here... 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, husoi said:

Don't be daft 😡

Of course I'm doing the flooring, and will be done better than if it was a professional doing it.

Replacing the whole house flooring except the kitchen which means engineered wooden and click vinyl in bathrooms.

The house will need redecorated (again) prior fitting the flooring because I'm not painting on new flooring.

Then need new skirt boards because the existing ones are shait with 10mm thickness instead the min 15mm. Can't even reuse most of them as they are MDF.

Remove all the existing flooring and whatever crap the previous owner put there.

Bathrooms (3 of them) will need 12mm plywood base so the floor is all levelled and I don't have different levels each time I walk from one to the other. While I'm doing the bathrooms, I better replace the basin and toilet pan with a end-to-end wall cabinet with built-in basin and pan.

So, on top of the 3k that I've spend on the floor I'll be spending around 5k on everything else.

You have my sympathy. 

We are, as I may have mentioned, renovating a 400yr old stone farmhouse. Every bloody room. We’ll be replacing all of the floors downstairs with new wooden floors (I shall be looking at any progress you report with interest), though upstairs is just having new laminate, and bathrooms Amtico. We’re replacing shabby skirting and architraves with oak as far as reasonably possible.

Redecorating, though, is probably a little more than yours… 

1735B4F3-F79D-4484-A1D4-0F9AF2459323.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, husoi said:

Don't be daft 😡

When are we getting divorced? Good luck with it all, we're renovating our cottage so  you have my sympathy. 

12 minutes ago, goat said:

When are we getting divorced? Good luck with it all, we're renovating our cottage so  you have my sympathy. 

ASAP 😋

33 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

You have my sympathy. 

We are, as I may have mentioned, renovating a 400yr old stone farmhouse. Every bloody room. We’ll be replacing all of the floors downstairs with new wooden floors (I shall be looking at any progress you report with interest), though upstairs is just having new laminate, and bathrooms Amtico. We’re replacing shabby skirting and architraves with oak as far as reasonably possible.

Redecorating, though, is probably a little more than yours… 

1735B4F3-F79D-4484-A1D4-0F9AF2459323.jpeg

If you're still looking for the flooring I would suggest you have a look at www.flooringsupplies.co.uk These are the ones I've ordered from and their delivery is good (mine was) and the cheapest price I could find.

4 hours ago, husoi said:

If you're still looking for the flooring I would suggest you have a look at www.flooringsupplies.co.uk These are the ones I've ordered from and their delivery is good (mine was) and the cheapest price I could find.

I think that’s where the household procurement department (my good lady) has bought flooring from so far.

We won’t be getting to the downstairs for at least another year, other than the kitchen, perhaps. We have to finish our bedroom / dressing room / en-suite then the landing / stairs. And the garden takes up much of our summer. Not to mention all the friends* and relatives* who visit having discovered what a great holiday location we’re in 😂

* house sitters while we’re on holiday… 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, goat said:

Are you his wife 😁 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bender said:

Are you his wife 😁 

It's all part of the program. Through a process of neurological reprogramming I first break the client down, until they are a husk of their former self.  Then, if I can be bothered, I build them back up to a new and better person. To be honest I normally only do the first part, it's quicker and cheaper.

6 minutes ago, goat said:

It's all part of the program. Through a process of neurological reprogramming I first break the client down, until they are a husk of their former self.  Then, if I can be bothered, I build them back up to a new and better person. To be honest I normally only do the first part, it's quicker and cheaper.

You remind me of a French girlfriend I had years ago.

she also thought she would be able to "make me a better person"... 🙄

What she didn't realised was that she was trying to improve perfection... :thumb: 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

When it gets icy this is where most of the UK's rock salt comes from. The salt mine near Winsford.

I was there for the Act of Remembrance at 11.00am.

IMG_20211111_102307042.jpg

I know things aren't good but is it so bad we now have to have Remembrance Services in a salt mine?

1 hour ago, Pie man said:

Morning. 

'Fish Hill......and what a hill it is'.

I have just discovered some great roads. :yay:

Worcestershire/Gloucestershire 

Was on it yesterday on the way to Chipping Camden. Nice roads in the area and not too much traffic sometimes. 

20 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Was on it yesterday on the way to Chipping Camden. Nice roads in the area and not too much traffic sometimes. 

I was there on Monday, I left Tetbury heading for Broadway. Four attempts on the hill later I made it to Broadway. Roads were virtually empty. You have it nice down there, its the first time I've ever been down that area. I will be returning in the Spring. 😀 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

I know things aren't good but is it so bad we now have to have Remembrance Services in a salt mine?

They hold an annual Act of Remembrance for the guys from the Salt Mine who died in WW1 and WW2. It's amazing down there, huge machines trundling around in caverns bigger than houses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2