Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Yes degreased the bike down including the chain it had picked up a lot of crud. I've tried the pdl stuff as it says it's not sticky and shouldn't fling I'll update when I've used it. I used to use the dry lube in the summer and gear oil in the winter as I wasn't convinced with the dry stuff in the wintery chain corroded on the tracer 

Took bike out for an hour to blow the sawdust off, literally, thought I might have been a bit optimistic with just a tee shirt and leather jacket on with regards  warmth, nope came back sweating like @Six30In an identity parade 😁

Had to wear normal jeans as my proper ones appear to have disappeared, the search begins. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Six30 said:

oohh, what happened with you two , you was so close and cuddly once.

I will leave you to believe what you have been told! well thats if you want to! as I really can't be arsed with it all to be honest ;-) 

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

I will leave you to believe what you have been told! well thats if you want to! as I really can't be arsed with it all to be honest ;-) 

like a give a fook , its just sad , you had a lovely relationship going for a while, think he misses you to if its any consolation :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Six30 said:

like a give a fook , its just sad , you had a lovely relationship going for a while, think he misses you to if its any consolation :classic_biggrin:

Am I a rose that's come between 2 thorns, something @Six30does with Gladys every wed behind the potting shed..... 

• Haha 1

On 18/11/2021 at 19:46, S-Westerly said:

Our NHS isn't really as good as it should be given the vast amount of money spent on it. 

I think sadly our NHS spends allot of that money / time on things our NHS should not be.

30 years ago the fire brigade went round putting up fire alarms and doing home safety checks.  They where so good at educating the public they nearly put themselves out of business.

The NHS on the other hand was and is seen to be there to look after every one no matter what.  How much time and money is spent on minor illnesses and injuries that could be dealt with at home?

I am amazed there are so many “frequent a service users” or “high intensity users” that they are known on a first name basis across the local NHS services.   Creating monthly, weekly and daily contact for issues and injuries that are preventable often over a periods lasting years and decades.  Most of these are preventable and not illness or age related. You cannot save everyone if they keep making poor decisions yet each is seen and felt as a failing by the NHS.

The system is not perfect, and never will be.  It has significant failings things do slip through the net it needs improvement (as you have highlighted @S-Westerly).  However some of the public need to be educated and themselves themselves to remove a significant burden from the NHS.

DO call your Dr, 111 (a service that’s still FAR from perfect) or 999 but also take advice given and look after yourselves and each other.

I believe on here I am probably teaching people to suck eggs, however those people are out there.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, onesea said:

I think sadly our NHS spends allot of that money / time on things our NHS should not be.

30 years ago the fire brigade went round putting up fire alarms and doing home safety checks.  They where so good at educating the public they nearly put themselves out of business.

The NHS on the other hand was and is seen to be there to look after every one no matter what.  How much time and money is spent on minor illnesses and injuries that could be dealt with at home?

I am amazed there are so many “frequent a service users” or “high intensity users” that they are known on a first name basis across the local NHS services.   Creating monthly, weekly and daily contact for issues and injuries that are preventable often over a periods lasting years and decades.  Most of these are preventable and not illness or age related. You cannot save everyone if they keep making poor decisions yet each is seen and felt as a failing by the NHS.

The system is not perfect, and never will be.  It has significant failings things do slip through the net it needs improvement (as you have highlighted @S-Westerly).  However some of the public need to be educated and themselves themselves to remove a significant burden from the NHS.

DO call your Dr, 111 (a service that’s still FAR from perfect) or 999 but also take advice given and look after yourselves and each other.

I believe on here I am probably teaching people to suck eggs, however those people are out there.

It's appalling how much time is spent mopping up the effects of people's lifestyle choices due to alcohol and tobacco. So yes, getting people to take responsibility for themselves might go the NHS cope better.

28 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It's appalling how much time is spent mopping up the effects of people's lifestyle choices due to alcohol and tobacco. So yes, getting people to take responsibility for themselves might go the NHS cope better.

I was not thinking every day moderate smokers and drinkers.  However there lies the challenge for the government in managing the NHS.

What is an acceptable level of treatment? What is an acceptable life style choice?

It’s a thorny subject you only need to mention COVID vaccinations to see that…

36 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

They had paramedics on radio and they said some of the stupid things they get called to is crippling them with the current heavy demand, but once folk know which magic words to use they end up on way to hospital, said its as if they had handbook on how to get to hospital. 

There is probably a face book group for it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bender said:

They had paramedics on radio and they said some of the stupid things they get called to is crippling them with the current heavy demand, but once folk know which magic words to use they end up on way to hospital, said its as if they had handbook on how to get to hospital. 

There is probably a face book group for it. 

My son’s girlfriend is a paramedic. She can tell numerous stories of being called for minor injuries / ailments. It would appear they’re a significant proportion of the calls received. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stu said:

no me neither xtreme is a fooking twat any way who lets midget dagos bum him .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1