Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

3 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Sadly he has been and has reportedly been "humanely euthanized " whatever that means.

Technically he was murdered just for biting a nice french arse 🙄

Off on my annual bike trip for a couple of days in Newquay, Cornwall on Saturday.

Taking in some tags on the way & Google maps says 9.75 hours (no motorways), stop for pic’s, fuel & food will probably take it to around 11 hours, wonder if my decrepit body can take it? … we will see.

Google Maps can’t do all the stops in one go so here’s the first stretch 5 1/2 hours

762A6F4D-6D26-43D5-8CF3-D9B19C3C8BAF.thumb.jpeg.9d5382724bd7729f23a8cb6dd518a0c1.jpeg
Here’s the second stretch 4 1/4 hours

0E298F66-E5D3-4C36-9F41-BDCE492B31F9.thumb.jpeg.b7c4c0264cb3b2695118a6240485c6f5.jpeg
I’ll update with progress once I get there if anyones interested 

• Like 7

On 23/06/2023 at 19:55, Mickly said:

Off on my annual bike trip for a couple of days in Newquay, Cornwall on Saturday.

Taking in some tags on the way & Google maps says 9.75 hours (no motorways), stop for pic’s, fuel & food will probably take it to around 11 hours, wonder if my decrepit body can take it? … we will see.

Google Maps can’t do all the stops in one go so here’s the first stretch 5 1/2 hours

762A6F4D-6D26-43D5-8CF3-D9B19C3C8BAF.thumb.jpeg.9d5382724bd7729f23a8cb6dd518a0c1.jpeg
Here’s the second stretch 4 1/4 hours

0E298F66-E5D3-4C36-9F41-BDCE492B31F9.thumb.jpeg.b7c4c0264cb3b2695118a6240485c6f5.jpeg
I’ll update with progress once I get there if anyones interested 

So it didn’t go quite as planned.

Everything was fine until I stopped near Stow on the Wold and realised my phone wasn’t charging, the battery is a bit shagged but it’s been charging ok at home but nothing on the bike, so I bought a new cable that didn’t make any difference ( I have one I only use on the bike as it’s very short and won’t get tangled ) pressed on to Cirencester and found a phone repair shop, they unclogged the charging port and demonstrated that it was now  charging perfectly with my cable . I returned to the bike & it wouldn’t charge, Guy came out and tried his own phone & cable and it wouldn’t charge - so either the Ultimateaddons charging port is f*cked or my wiring is sh*t ( in my defence the light on the charging port is on ) any how, without my phone I had no satnav so was looking at going home, but the guy from the phone store flogged me a power pack which could sit in my pocket and be fed by my new long cable, he had to charge the power pack and all the faffing about took an hour.

So off I went collecting tags and in awe of Google maps ability to send me down some amazing & amazingly sh*t roads.

Got to CERNE Abbas and realised that not only was my phone running out of power, the power pack was dead ( in fairness to the guy in the shop, I was getting impatient and don’t think it was fully charged, it’s been on charge for an hour now and it’s not yet full )

Without satnav I decided to miss the Torquay loop and head straight for Newquay.

All was going well until I found the A30 closed both ways due to an accident with the air ambulance in attendance, we were advised to turn left then right and right again to get round it, unfortunately these were single track roads and people coming the other way had been given the same advice, so it was a complete dogs breakfast of streams of traffic being unable to pass and no room for a bike to squeeze through.

Having got passed that I ‘made progress’ to Newquay.

So the end result was 351 miles and 10 hours 40 minutes, without too many aches or pains ( but wait until the morning 😞)

Now sitting in the van with a cold one plotting on how to get the missing tags tomorrow along with the ones I planned.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Afternoon :classic_biggrin:

Now your just taking the piss..   bloody doleites. Next you will be trying to find Jerry Springer show! 

Edited by onesea
To add or staring on its equivalent.
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Mickly said:

So it didn’t go quite as planned.

Everything was fine until I stopped near Stow on the Wold and realised my phone wasn’t charging, the battery is a bit shagged but it’s been charging ok at home but nothing on the bike, so I bought a new cable that didn’t make any difference ( I have one I only use on the bike as it’s very short and won’t get tangled ) pressed on to Cirencester and found a phone repair shop, they unclogged the charging port and demonstrated that it was now  charging perfectly with my cable . I returned to the bike & it wouldn’t charge, Guy came out and tried his own phone & cable and it wouldn’t charge - so either the Ultimateaddons charging port is f*cked or my wiring is sh*t ( in my defence the light on the charging port is on ) any how, without my phone I had no satnav so was looking at going home, but the guy from the phone store flogged me a power pack which could sit in my pocket and be fed by my new long cable, he had to charge the power pack and all the faffing about took an hour.

So off I went collecting tags and in awe of Google maps ability to send me down some amazing & amazingly sh*t roads.

Got to CERNE Abbas and realised that not only was my phone running out of power, the power pack was dead ( in fairness to the guy in the shop, I was getting impatient and don’t think it was fully charged, it’s been on charge for an hour now and it’s not yet full )

Without satnav I decided to miss the Torquay loop and head straight for Newquay.

All was going well until I found the A30 closed both ways due to an accident with the air ambulance in attendance, we were advised to turn left then right and right again to get round it, unfortunately these were single track roads and people coming the other way had been given the same advice, so it was a complete dogs breakfast of streams of traffic being unable to pass and no room for a bike to squeeze through.

Having got passed that I ‘made progress’ to Newquay.

So the end result was 351 miles and 10 hours 40 minutes, without too many aches or pains ( but wait until the morning 😞)

Now sitting in the van with a cold one plotting on how to get the missing tags tomorrow along with the ones I planned.

Day 2

0BB64004-36C3-4CD2-8646-AB047C87E5EF.thumb.jpeg.ce229e3ee885180ab7e1cb1f4e6a0bb9.jpeg1st leg well, again a mixed bag, the road from St Ives to the Gurnards Head is lethal, inso much as the the views are very distracting, the roads are narrow and there is a very real chance you might rear end a cyclist ( ooh err Missus) if your not paying attention - also there was no O2 reception here & as I hadn’t downloaded the trip I had to follow my nose & non existent signposts to Penzance, but hey, it’s all part of the experience ( bollox to that, gonna get me a proper sat nav )

Pitched up with a great view of St Michaels Mount, there war an Air Sea Rescue helicopter following a boat, hope it was just a drill.

2nd leg

A3139041-ED60-401C-B2D0-DDCB65EA5603.thumb.jpeg.4fc0499c7dbf6eec72261b450130a73c.jpegI don’t know if @Hoggs was aware when she set the tag, but the Jolly Roger LIFE SIZE MODELS emporium isn’t as pervy as I hoped, sorry, thought, but it does have a bike theme with some tasty customs amongst the models, today there was a small bike meet, and while I was there a large group of Female bikers arrived and ushered in, I left quickly in case I was raped or one of them tried to talk to me 🤣 but mainly coz it was gonna rain.

So 275 miles and despite getting gently dusted with rain a couple of times it was a good day.

Footnote, there was another incident on the A30 but on the other carriageway, I took the opportunity that all the police available were attending to that and spanked the mighty Speedtriple back to Newquay, although I think my spanking days may be over as it nearly ripped my head off.

Not that this nutter cares:

DC3028B7-8B9D-410F-A07C-9B7BEF438C2E.thumb.jpeg.f6817b0e80a4331ecb3f8b1a24710f78.jpeg

B52CD012-66E0-428C-B7A1-C25101BC94BB.jpeg

• Like 8

Bloody Insurance 🤬 received renewal today. up by £200  - so, even though the 3rd party admitted they were at fault, I have to pay this ridiculous hike in cost, why! because claim is not yet settled, or so they say and waiting on court dates etc. I used a comparison site, and its still the same. Could reduce if I remove business use. I have never paid anywhere near £400 in my life. Times are changing. on the upside I should receive my excess back once settled. :bang:

54 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Bloody Insurance 🤬 received renewal today. up by £200  - so, even though the 3rd party admitted they were at fault, I have to pay this ridiculous hike in cost, why! because claim is not yet settled, or so they say and waiting on court dates etc. I used a comparison site, and its still the same. Could reduce if I remove business use. I have never paid anywhere near £400 in my life. Times are changing. on the upside I should receive my excess back once settled. :bang:

When I had  this I refused to reinsure until claim was settled.
 Funnily enough they looked at my cam evidence and claim was settled within 48 hours.

13 minutes ago, onesea said:

When I had  this I refused to reinsure until claim was settled.
 Funnily enough they looked at my cam evidence and claim was settled within 48 hours.

If I didn't need the bike for anything other than pleasure I suppose I could wait, however; jumping on the bandwagon, my bike is a mental health channel to sanity. My solicitor has confirmed the driver has admitted liability, police have charged the driver, he pleaded guilty and now the 3rd party is due to be sentenced in August, but, it has been adjourned at least 4 times. 

The point is, I feel I am being penalised by the underwriters because of the actions of a drugged up driver and the justice regime. The underwriters know they will be able to retrieve their costs and claim from the 3rd party, but I am now the risk, not the bod being sentenced. I don't think I will get a £200 deduction once this is settled FFS. 

1 hour ago, Pie man said:

It makes no sense. I had a theft and 2 non-fault accidents at one stage, and my insurance went ballistic. Talking £2-3000 a year for anything remotely standard, like SV650's, Hornets, Bandits, etc and £4000 if I wanted to stay on a sports bike. Ended up having to get an FZ6 for 3 years as bizarrely, it slipped the insurers notice and was like £1100 a year. Still eye watering for 2014. 

I'd make it illegal for insurers to penalise you because someone helped themselves to your bike. If you can prove you had the protection measures, that should be enough. If they catch you on CCTV not using it, fair cop, they can go after you. But the system at the moment is daft, in my view. 

• Like 1

Had the same happen to me years ago. Reported bike stolen and then less than 4 hours later rang to cancel the claim as I had recovered bike.  All fine until I got my renewal quote for a few hundred more than last years because I had reported the bike stolen. Didn't matter that they hadn't had to make a payout etc, premiums went up automatically as soon as I said it had been stolen.

Never went back to them on principal even years later when they were the cheapest quote :lol:

• Confused 1

The thing with insurance is they go off algorithms which estimate your risk. Statistically someone who has made a claim, even a no fault claim, is more likely to make one or more further claims. 

It's unfair but that's how it works. 

So over the past four years two trucks have rolled into my wife's car on the same roundabout near her work. I didn't get our insurance involved in either incident. I got the car repaired (£700 & £800 respectively) then chased the companies myself.  In both cases they preferred to settle with cash payments rather than go through their own insurance. 

It's annoying when you pay so much for insurance you can't use. But the minute you tell them of a problem. They will whack your premiums up. Which makes a protected NCB a laugh. 

But if you've got major damage or injury you're sadly over a barrel.  For the next 5 years you've got an incident you have to declare. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

The cooler weather this week is very welcome. Top floor flats are miserable places to be this time of year, the cavity wall, and large roof act like storage heaters. Last week with all windows open, and the outside temp was 18 degrees, inside 27. When I move, hopefully early 2025 should the bank of England not scupper my plans, I'll be installing air conditioning into the bedroom. 

2 hours ago, rennie said:

At least I no longer have to try to sleep during the day! :thumb:

I still don't know if I got that job! :scratch:

today or tomorrow I hope

Just got an email! should know, 1 way or another, by the end of the week!

Not sure if that's a positive thing or not? :scratch:

4 hours ago, rennie said:

Just got an email! should know, 1 way or another, by the end of the week!

Not sure if that's a positive thing or not? :scratch:

Can be good, if you are close to the top you can be sent messages like that so you hang on and don't accept anything else. I've seen my company use tactics like this.

So it could be you're one of the front runners for the role. Here's hoping anyway :thumb: 

• Like 1