Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good evening / morning. Just popped the youngest and a car full of her stuff up to her new digs in Aberdeen. 715 miles there and back.

It's 2023: weren't we all supposed to have flying cars by now?

Edited by Fiddlesticks
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Good evening / morning. Just popped the youngest and a car full of her stuff up to her new digs in Aberdeen. 715 miles there and back.

It's 2023: weren't we all supposed to have flying cars by now?

Not unless they are powered by non carbon based unobtainium. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :classic_biggrin:  I've been lost in France several times! :scratch:

My failing memory has just been reminded of that particular song. Didn't know it was Bonnie Tyler who sang it. Being lost in France is often due to an excess of vin rouge.

• Haha 1

Just been told off at the tip for trying to get rid of too much old oil :lol:

I've been lazy and have amassed a bit of a collection, some half used bottles have probably been in garage 4 or 5 years at least :oops:

As I was pouring out the 3rd bottle a guy came up to me saying you do know you are only allowed to empty out 5 litres? I said No, I figured there would be a limit but didn't expect it to be that low!! Chatted to him a bit about what it all was and he let me go ahead but said in future only 5 litres!!

Not too bothered really but I did think to myself that wouldn't even cover an oil change for a lot of cars now. My wife's Qashqai takes 5.5 litres.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I've been lazy and have amassed a bit of a collection, some half used bottles have probably been in garage 4 or 5 years at least :oops:

As I was pouring out the 3rd bottle a guy came up to me saying you do know you are only allowed to empty out 5 litres? I said No, I figured there would be a limit but didn't expect it to be that low!! Chatted to him a bit about what it all was and he let me go ahead but said in future only 5 litres!!

Not too bothered really but I did think to myself that wouldn't even cover an oil change for a lot of cars now. My wife's Qashqai takes 5.5 litres.

Why don't you give it to your nearest garage?

They get paid for it.

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Find a garage or coach firm that has a workshop heater that burns old oil.

My local coach firm are grateful and let me borrow pullers etc when I work on other peoples stuff.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rennie said:

Still got no start date! :scratch: I'm getting mildly concerned now :shock:

I think I'm going to have a day out on the bike tomorrow :thumb:

If you can stand an early start, get across to Hoar Park tomorrow morning, judging by the forecast there will be a good selection of bikes there, plus the Cafe does a Biker special Sausage or Bacon roll plus tea or coffee for £5.

Get there for about 10:30 for full effect, everyone buggers off from about 12:00, including me.

• Like 1

Good morning guys.

Big day for a friend of mine.

Having her CBT test :thumb: 

Then will be looking for a nice 125 street bike.

If any of you knows of one it will greatly  appreciated.

Just give me an excuse to ride down south :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian Frog said:

@husoi how far South did you have in mind? I may have something of interest for you.

Cheers

Ian

No further than Malaga :D 

Will have to discuss with her. she will be the one riding, paying for it so not for me to decide :thumb: 

If you still have my number you can just send me a pic and how much you're looking for.

Edited by husoi
  • Like 1