Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

I've always been a big fan of Japanese culture. I like a lot of their Anime and Tv shows as well, I can only watch them when Wife isn't about though as they drive her mad :lol:

Theres a show on Netflix called Midnight Diner that is good. Also Samurai Gourmet. They remind me of tv shows I used to watch as a kid, with a lesson at the end for all 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve_M said:

It’s a bit of a sad day for us today. Our 19yr old cat had to be euthanised after a long period of decline. Had you told me 19yrs ago how upset and emotional I would be over a cat I’d have laughed. Yet, here I am, looking over at “his” chair and missing him already. 

Silly old sod! 🙁

pets are part of your family, heartbreaking losing one 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I've always been a big fan of Japanese culture. I like a lot of their Anime and Tv shows as well, I can only watch them when Wife isn't about though as they drive her mad :lol:

Theres a show on Netflix called Midnight Diner that is good. Also Samurai Gourmet. They remind me of tv shows I used to watch as a kid, with a lesson at the end for all 

My interest in Japanese culture always resulted in bruising and exhaustion.

I do regret having to decline my invitation to compete in the world masters (master = old gits) event in Japan. Bad timing. I was still recovering from the financial impact of my divorce ... 

8 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Is that totally random? Our daughter said she had been asked, but she's pregnant, I assume you're not.

I’d assume so, though, from memory, the random number generator (COBOL in my day 😂) was not entirely random. 😁

If I am pregnant, I’ll want a good agent. It would be worth a mint! 🤔

• Haha 1

A milder day today - my bees are flying. The first time they've been out this year. Bees have an amazing capacity to store their - shall we say 'waste products' - internally for weeks. So all the local cars have little yellow blobs all over them. I don't know why but bees love crapping on cars. Those small mustard coloured specs you get on your car, now you know what it is.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Good evening. 

We have an owl in the garden. I can hear it.

I just thought I’d let you know. 😁

We had foxes fighting / f*cking over the road at midnight last night ..... noisy b’stards 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Mickly said:

We had foxes fighting / f*cking over the road at midnight last night ..... noisy b’stards 

We used to have that occasionally when we lived in the city. I haven’t heard that since we moved to the country. 

3 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

We used to have that occasionally when we lived in the city. I haven’t heard that since we moved to the country. 

Foxes being adaptive lazy critters prefer towns as we are such messy buggers leaving food all over the place.

Owls though I love listening to the Barnies and the little owls round us.

Cheers

Ian

36 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

We’re in a semi rural setting, but the old lady across the road feeds them, I had a gentle word with her but she just smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

43 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Foxes being adaptive lazy critters prefer towns as we are such messy buggers leaving food all over the place.

Owls though I love listening to the Barnies and the little owls round us.

Cheers

Ian

We have had a fox pass through. Our trail cam picked one up, though not very distinctly - it was our first attempt at using my Christmas pressie. 

I have yet to see the owl clearly. I’ll try to find its roost sometime.

7A79EAB1-C3B0-441C-BCFF-BF7BAE2D9EA6.jpeg