Vehicle Road tax by mile.....

JRH

Proof that Covid affects some people's brains (assuming that they had any in the first place): our fearless leader is apparently thinking about banning sales of ICE vehicles from 2030. A sure fire vote winner for rural areas I'd say.

And the Chancellor is allegedly looking at road pricing as a way to recoup lost tax on petrol and diesel. :roll:

Proof that Covid affects some people's brains (assuming that they had any in the first place): our fearless leader is apparently thinking about banning sales of ICE vehicles from 2030. A sure fire vote winner for rural areas I'd say.

And the Chancellor is allegedly looking at road pricing as a way to recoup lost tax on petrol and diesel. :roll:

Well people knew what they were voting for JRH! :lol:

Some countries already do that, have to declare your mileage and if your caught fiddling it's big fines.

Something will have to be done as they will be loosing lots with electric cars on the increase

Here we go again .... and Labour would be so much better :roll:

They would be stripping the country bare and handing out billions to their cronies that's for sure!

Labour actually tried to fetch it in before but they bottled it after a 1.8m petition

I heard that on the radio - apparently we'd get 3000 "free" miles before we have to cough up.

Option B is public transport. It would take 3 hours to get to work instead of 30 mins in the car.

The first bus is 7:15, last bus is 17:22. Four hour days for me then! :lol:

They would be stripping the country bare and handing out billions to their cronies that's for sure!

47C7B153-CA85-40E3-868F-AA425EFF11F8.gif.641c3a2ff609a3d7baf08efc290a4239.gif

This was first tabled by Tony Blair.

It’s not likely a popular opinion on here but I’m all for stopping the planet melting.

But I’m never gonna support charges or taxes that restrict people’s freedom based on their income and it does only penalise people who can’t afford it.

The only way any charge reduces traffic is when its so high low income folk can’t afford to pay but that’s ok the sociopaths who vote these things through can, so cough up or join the creaking public transport system.

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey

I heard that on the radio - apparently we'd get 3000 "free" miles before we have to cough up.

Option B is public transport. It would take 3 hours to get to work instead of 30 mins in the car.

Yes the public transport issue needs sorting for anything else to work. I work shifts so can't use it but would if I could. Friends live in Czech Republic trams, buses and underground run till late and work

Yes the public transport issue needs sorting for anything else to work. I work shifts so can't use it but would if I could. Friends live in Czech Republic trams, buses and underground run till late and work

I would sooner crawl along the payment with my eyeballs rather than use public transport 😁

I agree, public transport doesn't help people who work shifts! Driving, in the not too distant future, will be something reserved for the rich.

Just imagine how unbearably smug anyone working in the sales of second hand cars will be ?

Not casting aspertions at anyone on here as such but I am sure I can here rejoicing from down "Sarf" somewhere.

Cheers

Ian

Possibly a silly suggestion but the petrol performance car you desire at the last minute with a view to lasting for a long while and then a LPG conversion to mitigate fuel prices/restrictions.

hopefully see minimal depreciation.

As we are generally a fairly mature bunch I am hoping we will have something that some soft headed youngster will pay over the odds for lol.

Cheers

Ian

I know my thought is not going to be popular here... If your going to tax cars surely the best tax is on fuel.

The more you use the more you pay. Do it through tax and limitations per vehicle your just going to put more on the road... There will always be loop holes, tax on fuel atleast is across the board.

I know my thought is not going to be popular here... If your going to tax cars surely the best tax is on fuel.

The more you use the more you pay. Do it through tax and limitations per vehicle your just going to put more on the road... There will always be loop holes, tax on fuel atleast is across the board.

The government already does that. Hence the panic to find the £40 billion to replace fuel duty.

The government already does that. Hence the panic to find the £40 billion to replace fuel duty.

Why don't they just increase it more?

Just like smoking they have had to tax cigarettes massively to get people to stop.

Cars will be the same.