The collectables!

Stu

Tonight me and the wife was sorting out some bags and biking gear when we came across a could of wash bags full of all these shower gels etc that was barrowed from hotels while on our travels :lol: 

Not bad from just a few years collecting them from our trips :lol: 

Maybe I should start using them!! Not that I smell 

Anyone else got anything you seem to pick up while out and about? 

142075927_10157871334737322_4727502727456632252_o.jpg

• Like 1

Conforming to Yorkshire stereotypes.  Shocking😁😁😁

Yep. Terrible for it. First thing i do when away eith work is empty the room. Magic fairy then replaces it all.

I actually rate the hotels we stop in by what i can liberate....

Crown plaza Birmingham very good. You get free slippers there and if you get a club room 2 hours free beer in a room with very little security😂😂😂

Lisa goes mad with me...

I have liberated toiletries which are probably as old as the kids.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was a twat for it, when I worked on the exhibitions I took whatever I could, but the best hauls were on the exhibition breakdowns, depending on the stand you could come away with literally thousands of pounds worth of stuff.

One of my best was at the NEC House and Home exhibition, I came away with candles, pictures, towels, rugs, bedding, loads of stuff good job I was in the 7.5 tonne otherwise I wouldn't of been able to get it all home.

Had a great run for weeks on the carboot sales with that haul :thumb:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I did try getting a go of this.

P_20150612_102651.jpg

Best mate of mine had a go on that, unfortunately he was in it not on it, he knew the risks so no need to make thie thread depressing.

Back to thiefing unless it's something we would actually need at the next place that may not have stuff then we rarely use or take.

I have an exception to this though 😁 if we get particularly bad service be it hotel or restaurant I will take a souvenir.

• Haha 2

I sometimes stop in Coleshill.

Hotel we use is ok. Boozer/ hotel. Does the job.

Now. One of the rooms is sort of annexed and the access door is on the roadside.

I'd been in a couple of nights when it dawned on me that there is no way the cleaner would bring the complimentary trolley out onto the road and up the stairs.

Bingo.

Found the stash.

Didn't need to buy coffee for a month...

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I've got a set of large stepladders that got "liberated" from a workplace :lol:

36 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Full set of Bahco wrenches from a Singapore drydock.

If we are adding  things donated by former employees I got a 3tonne 4 post lift.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, NeilM said:

Conforming to Yorkshire stereotypes.  Shocking😁😁😁

Yep. Terrible for it. First thing i do when away eith work is empty the room. Magic fairy then replaces it all.

I actually rate the hotels we stop in by what i can liberate....

Crown plaza Birmingham very good. You get free slippers there and if you get a club room 2 hours free beer in a room with very little security😂😂😂

Lisa goes mad with me...

I have liberated toiletries which are probably as old as the kids.....

well it's time they were recirculated then 🤣

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If your looking for something to do with your bounty the hospital volunteers are appealing for shampoo, shower gel etc cos theres limited/no visitors they arent getting the toothpaste, toothbrushes n soaps the patients need. 

In all seriousness. 

Most of mine go to the food banks and Africa get the toothbrushes (got to be a posh hotel to get the brushes)

Been a bit short since March for obvious reasons....

I do keep some for myself at work of course.  I'm no mother Teresa 😁😁

• Like 3

At my current job I get given everything I want anyway. If I want to take a load of spuds home or some fish, the boss has given me his permission provided I don't take the piss. 

And I couldn't even calculate how much free food I've eaten at work over the years. It's in the thousands definitely 😆

• Like 1

I could order rope to spec for a whilst.  Management realised was also suitable for my boat, they started ordering bright colours yellows, oranges etc.

might not of been pretty however we never mixed up mooring ropes, sheets or halyards...

Guinness glasses from boat shows we still have plenty of them.

Now days I try not to collect stuff..

• Like 1

If we are going to go on what we have tea leafed from work places the only things I have had in the past are a full set of bacho shifters about 25 years ago which are still in use today a auto welding mask when they was expensive and just a handful of drill bits :lol: 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

If we are going to go on what we have tea leafed from work places the only things I have had in the past are a full set of bacho shifters about 25 years ago which are still in use today a auto welding mask when they was expensive and just a handful of drill bits :lol: 

I'm sure you could have snaffled a bus 😁 

• Haha 1

We got a free bottle of wine staying at a hotel in glencoe, there was supposed to be a glass of mulled wine on arrival but they said they run out so they gave us a bottle of red, brought it down for our meal that was included and they said we could only have wine supplied by the hotel, not impressed when I said go see reception and proceeded to open it and pour before they could take the glasses, lot to be said for twist caps lol

• Haha 3