Expensive Accessories

Pie man

£583 for a pair of spotlights and a loud horn.......Ok, there's obviously more to it than that. The kit includes a Denali Cansmart controller, Denali sound bomb, Denali D4 Lights and all the wiring looms/kit and brackets. Is it all worth it. 🤑

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pie man said:

£583 for a pair of spotlights and a loud horn.......Ok, there's obviously more to it than that. The kit includes a Denali Cansmart controller, Denali sound bomb, Denali D4 Lights and all the wiring looms/kit and brackets. Is it all worth it. 🤑

If your happy paying for it then it's worth it 👍 

No doubt @husoi will be along in a mo to tell you how to make all thar from 2 candles a length of string an old magnet and some tinfoil 😁 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Bender said:

Nearly put cowbell 😁 

Hey I thing your willingness to coble things together is great.

The cow works better than a cowbell because it only make noise when you pull the tail :thumb: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bender said:

Nearly put cowbell 😁 

Hey I thing your willingness to coble things together is great.

I think its great when people have a go and make their own accessory kits. I have done it myself for several years. This time I'm looking at the Denali Cansmart, integrated with the Canbus system and utilising the OEM switches. Its a great plug and play kit, but I think its very expensive. Would people pay to have it installed on their Beemers and KTM's 🤔    

2 minutes ago, Pie man said:

I think its great when people have a go and make their own accessory kits. I have done it myself for several years. This time I'm looking at the Denali Cansmart, integrated with the Canbus system and utilising the OEM switches. Its a great plug and play kit, but I think its very expensive. Would people pay to have it installed on their Beemers and KTM's 🤔    

Yes, for some folk money is of little concern.

2 minutes ago, Bender said:

Yes, for some folk money is of little concern.

Its certainly got me wondering how many folk would have a go at installing the kit themselves or would pay for someone to install it for them (like a mobile installer) 

If I was to spend that amount on the kit why would I think about saving £100 in having it fitted by a professional and have the warranty if it goes wrong.

DIY doesn't have a warranty

• Like 1

I fitted a denali soundbomb horn to my bike. It was quite literally plug and play.  The OEM horn was dreadful, a feeble fart of a noise. The denali isn't. 

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I fitted a denali soundbomb horn to my bike. It was quite literally plug and play.  The OEM horn was dreadful, a feeble fart of a noise. The denali isn't. 

The Denali Soundbomb is a great accessory. It scared the life out of my mate when he was conducting the MOT on my old Beemer 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

I think I may need one of them, it's embarrassing pressing the horn on the fazer, I may as well just shout beep.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Bender said:

I think I may need one of them, it's embarrassing pressing the horn on the fazer, I may as well just shout beep.

Must be a Yamaha thing! 

• Like 2

Forgive me but I can't help thinking that  this post is just an indirect way of saying you've got £600 to bung away . Well good luck to you because I haven't . Which is OK because the lights on my bikes are adequate for the few occasions a year when I ride beyond the sunset . As for the horns , well I can't remember ever using one except to attract the attention of the odd lazy petrol pump attendant or inattentive sheep . 

Edited by fastbob

2 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Forgive me but I can't help thinking that  this post is just an indirect way of saying you've got £600 to bung away . Well good luck to you because I haven't . Which is OK because the lights on my bikes are adequate for the few occasions a year when I ride beyond the sunset . As for the horns , well I can't remember ever using one except to attract the attention of the odd lazy petrol pump attendant or inattentive sheep . 

I'm sorry but you couldn't be further from the truth. I also think it is very expensive and its money I certainly haven't got. I am thinking of a side line of installing the kit but at over £580 just to buy would you then pay for someone else to fit it. 😕

Not sure you've got a great a business plan tbh, but why not put out some ads in likely places (like the BMW Club newsletter) and see if you get any response. 

I'd have thought the number of people who'd be interested would be small, unless you happen to live in an area where lots of middle-aged men have expensive bikes they like to accessorise to death. The other issue is: if you install this thing for me, and it then goes wrong, who do look to to get it fixed? 

What about a bit of a twist - you become an official Denali supplier; I buy the complete thing from you including fitting, if it goes wrong in the guarantee period, you follow up with the manufacturer on my behalf. No-one else offers this, and I'd have thought you could charge a fair premium for that kind of comprehensive service. You'd need to cultivate a good relationship with the manufacturer to make it work. You'd be selling to people who are working and earning loadsamoney, so you'd need to advertise in the right places to reach them. The BMW Club isn't the right place - they're all retired. Adventure Bike magazine? 

• Like 1

I bought these for my GS. I really just wanted to install an innov camera system but I didn’t want to cut the wires on the bike so went for the can smart to control it. Once I’d bought that I thought I might as well get the lights and horn too. 

I’m impressed with it all and is very well built. Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but I’m happy with it. It looks good whilst I do my best to keep the chicken strips on the tyres as wide as possible. 

I bought everything from https://www.abikething.com/ and fitted it myself. The guy also offers a fitting service if you don’t want to do it yourself. He’s done a fair few videos on how to do the installation too.

• Like 2