Moving on up!

elizabethf

Hey all! Long time no see! many bike adventures had since my last post in 2019, even allowing for this irritating pandemic! 

Just wondering people's opinions on MT 09s if you own/have owned one? I have a deposit on one ready to collect soon, but I am excited for something new and being a big wuss in equal measure! 😂 (I was the same getting on a 125, and the same collecting my first big bike and those seem laughable fears to me now, soooo it's a nerves thing).

Thank you! 🙂

• Like 1

If I remember correctly you have an MT07?

You’ll be fine. It’s the fear of the unknown. You might find the 09 won’t have as much engine braking as the 07 with it being a triple.  
You’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll adapt to your new bike. 
A couple of tips:

As soon as you can adjust the clutch biting point to suit yourself as well as the brake lever span. You could also adjust the height of either or both the levers to suit yourself by loosening the bolts on your switchgear enough to be able to rotate them. 
Adjust your gear lever and rear brake to suit also. 
Doing this will help you adapt to your new bike quickly. 
Have fun. Nothing like that new bike feeling!

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

If I remember correctly you have an MT07?

You’ll be fine. It’s the fear of the unknown. You might find the 09 won’t have as much engine braking as the 07 with it being a triple.  
You’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll adapt to your new bike. 
A couple of tips:

As soon as you can adjust the clutch biting point to suit yourself as well as the brake lever span. You could also adjust the height of either or both the levers to suit yourself by loosening the bolts on your switchgear enough to be able to rotate them. 
Adjust your gear lever and rear brake to suit also. 
Doing this will help you adapt to your new bike quickly. 
Have fun. Nothing like that new bike feeling!

really great advice thank you! 

Edited by elizabethf

• 2 weeks later...

You will love it. The bike is very light and sharp. When I have bought mine MT09 I test rode MT10, S1000R and Street Triple.

MT10 has more power but MT09 is more fun and sharp on bendy roads.

BTW change CO2 emmisions, factory settings are C1-0, C2-0, C3-0.. Change it up to 14 on all 3 Cyl' and this will make a differance, bike will be much smoother and Engine temp will be lower.

30 minutes ago, Valko said:

You will love it. The bike is very light and sharp. When I have bought mine MT09 I test rode MT10, S1000R and Street Triple.

BTW change CO2 emmisions, factory settings are C1-0, C2-0, C3-0.. Change it up to 14 on all 3 Cyl' and this will make a differance, bike will be much smoother and Engine temp will be lower.

Thank you! useful to know about the emissions! So many new settings to look into!! 

I really like that in an aggressive insectoid way even down to the front muddy in primer lol.

Really chuffed for you and just in time to enjoy new freedom, go for it girl and have fun.

Cheers

Ian