Built in wardrobes

Stu

I'm competing against @Tiggie's bathroom :lol: 

Finally got round to decorating our bedroom and one of the jobs is to fit new built in wardrobes so over the past few days I have gone from this 

IMG_20210303_105003.jpg

A lot of cutting later and edging the boards I ended up with this lot! 

IMG_20210305_121923.jpg

IMG_20210305_121925.jpg

I thought I best start getting it all put together today! started at about 10 this morning and didn't stop till 9! but in my defence I had to go pick the wife up from work to go collect her car from the paint shop but that's a different story! 

IMG_20210305_150226.jpg

That's one down 3 more to go! 

Once this one was done I had made a jig for hole drilling and figured the heights out for the shelves etc 

IMG_20210305_171857.jpg

IMG_20210305_204537.jpg

Just need to level them all up now and screw them together 

Next job after that is to make the drawer boxes and order the drawer fronts and doors 

IMG_20210305_121929.jpg

IMG_20210305_142028.jpg

• Like 4

Looking good :thumb:

I actually ripped out our old fitted wardrobes last year to make the room look bigger :lol:

I've had to go back to work last week, so finishing bathroom on my days off (working 9am - 9pm means I can't do it after work!) To be fair its all little jobs that are left, tilings done, bath, shower etc fitted.  It was a much bigger job than I expected to be brutally honest :oops:

Just bits like new radiator and extractor to fit.

Oh and my lovely Wife was pissed at me for using the new fittings first. I told her I've worked my arse off installing it so damn right I'm using it all first 😆

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bender said:

Made a jig?,  could have just marked out one panel then used that as the template to drill/mark out all the others, just a thought, ohhh your done now though 😁 

Hmmm! 

Why didn't I think of that :oops:

To be honest it would have all taken the same amount of time well actually probably longer your way as it was still up in the air on how the shelves was going!  

I made the jig after the first measure and hole drilling and was small enough to rest on the two supports I had clamped on for each shelf and just drill the holes job done 

Have you got any ventilation built into them?

After the fire, I had the builders stick some in the 1 bedroom

but they covered the air brick over and we got mould!

smelly clothes! 1 of the many jobs on our to do list is to rip them out,

reinstate the air brick and start again

It's quite satisfying when you get a job like that done.

I made these completely from scratch (apart from the sliding doors):

20210306_131838.jpg.78afdd0cd1240d42c1111e8ecc2fed59.jpg

It's just some MDF, plasterboard and bits of wood. Wife insisted on the pretendy wall bit this end as it matches a detail on the other side of the room.

For extra swishness, I used some LED tape inside the top of the frame rigged up to microswitches so they come on when you open the doors.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Fro said:

For extra swishness, I used some LED tape inside the top of the frame rigged up to microswitches so they come on when you open the doors.

I asked the wife if she wants that but then I thought better of it while she is fannying about getting ready on my days off 😂

Oh, and don't make the error I did - you see the end door isn't quite closed... Well I didn't take in to account the elbows on my leathers, I just measured the shoulders. 🙄

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr Fro said:

It's quite satisfying when you get a job like that done.

I made these completely from scratch (apart from the sliding doors):

20210306_131838.jpg.78afdd0cd1240d42c1111e8ecc2fed59.jpg

It's just some MDF, plasterboard and bits of wood. Wife insisted on the pretendy wall bit this end as it matches a detail on the other side of the room.

I never had you pegged for a pepper pig bedtime story kind of guy 😂

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I never had you pegged for a pepper pig bedtime story kind of guy 😂

Pegging isn't really my thing but anthropomorphic farm yard animals really give me the horn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When my oldest grandson was about 2 he was really into Pepper Pig. I probably had to sit through every asinine episode in existence to that date. I hope to god I never have to endure another.  Now he's reached the grand old age of 9 he denies ever liking the pig. Senile so young.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr Fro said:

Oh, and don't make the error I did - you see the end door isn't quite closed... Well I didn't take in to account the elbows on my leathers, I just measured the shoulders. 🙄

Well my panniers fit in!! 

I think the leathers are going to be a struggle because of the elbows bows as you say! 

20 minutes ago, Stu said:

Well my panniers fit in!! 

I think the leathers are going to be a struggle because of the elbows bows as you say! 

Do you still need my spirit level...😆 

• Haha 2

Made all the drawers and ordered the doors over the last few days! 

Current cost is around £1400 :shock:

Which is less than a quarter of what companies wanted to charge me 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, James in Brum said:

Pictures dude!

It's pretty much this at the min just with 8 drawers in 

Just all screwed together and level 

Once I have all the doors and trims to finish it off I will get some up 

IMG_20210305_204537.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of a nightmare over the last month with work and car trouble plus helping a mate sort his house out for his disabled wife but that's another story! 

Finally got round to getting this finished and I must say I am impressed with myself 

This is all leveled up screwed together fixed to the wall and trims all fitted. 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1617471815265_6784168504654265832.jpeg

Then finally got the doors all done today

IMG_20210419_104122.jpg

Just need a new carpet which is tomorrow then a new bed which is 4 weeks delivery! 

I could have done it a lot quicker if it was just the wardrobes but I was also doing the rest of the room too. 

@fastbob almost finished then I can start riding my bike :lol:

• Like 5

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Very impressive. How did you make the drawers? 

Thanks 

Drawers! 4 sides and a bottom 😂 

I'm not sure if I have some pics of them but I simply used 4 sides screwed together then screwed the bottom on then the drawer front was screwed on from the rear inside the drawer 

• Like 1