Screens

gymwitch

Any advice on screens for the NC? Im not looking for a permanent fix as i love the look of the bike but on the mway...its hitting me square in the chest and i feel like im being pushed backwards so in turn im gripping the bars to keep myself on the bloody thing 🤣🤣🤣 maybe i need to eat more cake 🤔 is there such a creature?? Or is it a permanent thing on the bike once its fitted?

I had an MRA screen with the wing device on my Tiger which proved to be most effective, and I would recommend. 

Edit. See photo attached from rider’s / pillion point of view)

39292E62-8990-446F-BF2B-EDEA4BDD109D.jpeg

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Any advice on screens for the NC? Im not looking for a permanent fix as i love the look of the bike but on the mway...its hitting me square in the chest and i feel like im being pushed backwards so in turn im gripping the bars to keep myself on the bloody thing 🤣🤣🤣 maybe i need to eat more cake 🤔 is there such a creature?? Or is it a permanent thing on the bike once its fitted?

You tried working harder on those leg muscles? Gripping hard with the knees can reduce the need to hold on so hard for so long, then I found that holding on to the Speedtriple at over *** MPH for any length of time was a pain in the neck & shoulders, extra upper body & neck work seemed to alleviate it ( plus 6 points on my license 😱)

• Like 2

I had this issue on my FZ6 wait till it gets cold and you really feel it on long run.

The wind deflector or spoiler mentioned above are a worthy start. You may find that is enough, you might not.

I have one like this on my trophy but cheaper:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KIMISS-Motorcycle-Windshield-Adjustable-Accessories/dp/B08KW6V8MN/ref=sr_1_50_sspa?crid=E9P610C9Q0UG&dchild=1&keywords=wind+deflector+motorcycle&qid=1621046988&quartzVehicle=93-11572&replacementKeywords=deflector+motorcycle&sprefix=Wind+deflector+mot%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-50-spons&psc=1&smid=A31JE9OJKRZNGY&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMkNYNVRXQzlHMk5WJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzkyNjYzM0k5VjBNQkRCQU9aMyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzM2MzM3RlFXUEcyUERFOTdLJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYnRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

One like this on my TDM:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Justech-Motorcycle-Windscreen-Adjustable-Windshield/dp/B07MZQVX42/ref=sr_1_5?crid=E9P610C9Q0UG&dchild=1&keywords=wind+deflector+motorcycle&qid=1621046936&quartzVehicle=93-11572&replacementKeywords=deflector+motorcycle&sprefix=Wind+deflector+mot%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-5

both do the same job just which will look better on your bike.

After that I learned on trophy some wind over the screen is good, hence I have shorter screen and deflector.  Allot comes to personal choice.  Don’t get rid of old screen until your certain the new one is better.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

MRA screens (or additional spoilers) are generally aimed at curing a specific fault, which is buffeting or turbulence. This might be what you want. or. it may not.

I’ve tried a variety of screens on various of my bikes. Including bubble (waste of money), larger (I had to cut it down midway to the standard), and the MRA.

It’s hit and miss whether they work on any particular bike / rider, but the MRA had a degree of adjustment that helped make it work for me on the Tiger. 

• Like 1