Giving Up

At the age of 73 and having been diagnosed with a terminal sarcoma (a form of cancer), I am being forced to give up motorcycling.

Over the last 50+ years I have bought lots of riding kit and accessories and I'm looking for a way to have a clear out. 

My current bike and riding gear is good enough to sell, and I will get around to advertising it in due course.

However, I also have a couple of riding jackets, leather and textile, some trousers, leather and textile and some waterproof gear too.  These are in decent nick and I would like to see them go to someone trying to get started on a budget.  I'm not looking for money for these - they can be collected for free or pay for postage and packing, which would be expensive.

The same would apply to an old but working paddock stand and a collection of pannier liners which are mostly as good as new.

So, my question is - can I advertise this stuff on this forum and, if so, where ?.

My location is Dundee and I don't know how many forum members we have in Scotland and I don't know how many of those are within an hour or two of Dundee.

I may be able to post some pics if there is any interest  .....

Ouch @gogs01 - really sorry to hear your diagnosis. 

Really nice idea to pass your kit on to someone on a budget. I hope I take a leaf out of your book, in your situation.

Tough and sad new

for you and your family.

A great thing passing gear on to some gear to someone who is starting up.

If people are more distant there are services where they can pay to have a large size parcel collected for less than £10.

All you have to do is wrap it (bin liner's and duck tape), and be there for collection (or leave in porch etc).

From time to time I use it even for relatively short distances (20 miles) down here because it saves on fuel and a couple of hours riding/ driving in heavy traffic.

Regardless keep going and make the most of every day... 

• 2 months later...

As others have said I'm sorry to hear your news. I live within an hour of Dundee but I wouldn't want to take anything from you for free. If you find nobody suitable to take you up on your offer and you decide to open up your gear for monetary sale I may be interested depending on kit size etc.