The return of BSA .

fastbob

I put a post about this a little while ago. I'm sure they will make a go of it as it's run by mahindra. The heritage brands they have already launched like Jawa look good and they will be all electric too. If the quality and price are OK and good dealer support should do well and may outshine Royal Enfield who were shite when I had a few issues. 

Edited by MikeHorton

They had a stand at Motorcycle live and seemed to be attracting a lot of interest.

New bikes using heritage names such as Gold Star on display looked quite well finished but I am sure time will tell.

Cheers

Ian

34 minutes ago, Pie man said:

As Iconic as the BSA Gold Star is, will it be just another nostalgia brand, who knows. Many have tried, Triumph being the successful one.   

Royal Enfield seem to have done reasonably well particularly over the couple of years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

When I were a lad me old pa used to say that BSA stood for 'Bits Stuck Anywhere.'

Interestingly , my Father , who briefly owned a Bantam told me it stood for Bloody Sore Arse . 

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Royal Enfield seem to have done reasonably well particularly over the couple of years.

Harley Davidson have been a hugely successful  nostalgia brand since the 70's . 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pie man said:

As Iconic as the BSA Gold Star is, will it be just another nostalgia brand, who knows. Many have tried, Triumph being the successful one.   

This is quite different. and cannot be compared with triumph. or any of the small producers that have come and gone here in the UK.

I Like it :-) looks nostalgic and straightforward to work on 

If it is able to stand up to British and Irish Roads and weather I could see myself cruising round the Wicklow hills on one of these 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Well at least it looks like a motorcycle rather than something out of a sci-fi film.

Who is the arbiter of what looks like a motorcycle?

Should they all look like they were designed in the 60's or earlier? I like retros/classics too but it would be a shame if there had been no design evolution since then.

• Like 1

As someone who isn't particularly keen on the classic look as a practical bike rather than something to use as a toy I'm happy with both the modern and the retro. If I had oodles of cash I'd have a stable of bikes among which would be retros or even genuine vintage bikes. Unfortunately I don't and I'm limited to one so I've got what I've got. Not perfect but it does me.

• Like 1

T would definitely trade in my Harley  for one of those BSA or even my Triumph.

I hope its better quality than the Nortons  i had a really close  look at one of those 

My first bike was a 1946m BSA B31 350cc and a rigid rear end