Cost of living crisis

Bender

Funnily enough we have gone back to Asda. Wife's Blue Light Card gives her 10% off. 

Why a Midwife qualifies for a blue light card is a question I'm not going to ask her!!  :hitfan:

• Haha 1

I'm having a cost of living crisis, we're at a wedding where by the end of it we will likely be much worse off. 

Who the fcuk came up with mid week weddings where you are forced to pay to stay cause its a rip off Hall and you have to take time off work to boot. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Bender said:

I'm having a cost of living crisis, we're at a wedding where by the end of it we will likely be much worse off. 

Who the fcuk came up with mid week weddings where you are forced to pay to stay cause its a rip off Hall and you have to take time off work to boot. 

They are getting more popular because it's cheaper for the couple getting married. If it was a Saturday you'd probably still need to stay though and the venue charges more for rooms at weekends.

Weddings used to take place at 2 in the afternoon and be done by 10. One we went to just before covid was a 3 day event.

Cost of marrying crisis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't get it, the govt have made it clear we are broke and can't afford tax cuts ( which I agree with) but bankers can still get uncapped bonuses. It was bankers who steered the economy onto the rocks in the place. Let those buggers loose again to line their pockets and we'll never get back on our feet.

Anyone know where I can buy a pitchfork?

13 hours ago, Bender said:

The bigger the bonus the bigger the tax on it, as long as its legal I don't care how much they make. 

But it was the bonus culture that led bankers to take risks which caused the economic crash, and then taxpayers bailed them out.

Sounds to me like they want to have their cake and eat it and want somebody else to pay for it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

But it was the bonus culture that led bankers to take risks which caused the economic crash, and then taxpayers bailed them out.

Sounds to me like they want to have their cake and eat it and want somebody else to pay for it.

2007 crash was brought on by sub prime loans in housing market in US, there were institutions that had issues with traders etc but that's down to internal governance and regulation. 

A global shortage of flux capacitors is also causing long term issues in the tech field too which may start to cause issues in market confidence. This has had a massive knock on effect with the price of heinz soup in the UK too. But the tomato with a hint of chilli is back which has gone some way to calm the situation. 

3 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

A global shortage of flux capacitors is also causing long term issues in the tech field too which may start to cause issues in market confidence. This has had a massive knock on effect with the price of heinz soup in the UK too. But the tomato with a hint of chilli is back which has gone some way to calm the situation. 

The soup thing is a red herring as demand is only up so that nutters can throw it over paintings etc. The flux capacitors are serious though. Lack.of them is going to seriously affect the government's competence. At least that's their excuse. 

• Haha 1

Maybe HM Govt's strategy is to so thoroughly wreck the country that even Putin wouldn't be mad enough to want to invade us. Which then saves us a shed load of dosh on the defence budget as well. 

Fair do's, they're doing a cracking job so far. 

• Like 2

According to a yougov poll, truss is now nearly as unpopular as Putin and Prince Andrew. I think they should all move in together and it should be filmed as a sort of sitcom. A bit like a father Ted setup.

2 minutes ago, goat said:

According to a yougov poll, truss is now nearly as unpopular as Putin and Prince Andrew. I think they should all move in together and it should be filmed as a sort of sitcom. A bit like a father Ted setup.

Dougal could do a better job than the encumbants 

• Haha 1

Shocked to say myself and the other Fryer at work got a pay rise today!! :D

Boss called me in on my day off for a meeting, (I obviously spent the morning trying to work out what I'd done wrong to be getting called in :lol:)  He just wanted to give us an increase to show he appreciates the work we are doing and to help out with the cost of living etc.

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Shocked to say myself and the other Fryer at work got a pay rise today!! :D

Boss called me in on my day off for a meeting, (I obviously spent the morning trying to work out what I'd done wrong to be getting called in :lol:)  He just wanted to give us an increase to show he appreciates the work we are doing and to help out with the cost of living etc.

you'll go in tomorrow and he'll give the pair of you a fishing rod each and point you towards the sea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1