Air fryer, who has one

Bender

Does amuse me @Bender how you are making all these lovely meals and I'm using mine to discover things like if you buy regular sugar doughnuts from the supermarket and put them in the airfryer for a couple of minutes they come out tasting like the ones you get from the seaside :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Does amuse me @Bender how you are making all these lovely meals and I'm using mine to discover things like if you buy regular sugar doughnuts from the supermarket and put them in the airfryer for a couple of minutes they come out tasting like the ones you get from the seaside :lol:

Just dip them in sand much cheaper and quicker 😁 

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
On 09/04/2023 at 22:34, Tiggie said:

I have go to give that a try.  Are they blackpool pleasure beach or scarborough style?  One tastes nice but with a bit of a boiled onion hint, the other tastes lovely and fresh with just the slight ambience of seaweed blowing in off the harbour.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The missus swears by our air fryer.

I had heard good things about them and came across a tefal one on Amazon on special offer and bought it. 

This would be about 6 months before they really took off and well before the great airfryer shortage.

Missus was very sceptical but after a day or two absolutely loved it.  Never use the oven now.  It is one of those kitchen appliances that were it to break down, it would have to be replaced immediately.

Only thing I "cook" in it is my post beer mini pizzas.

One standard pitta bread, "buttered" with tomato puree.  Add diced Pek, diced onion and chopped mushroom.  Top with grated mild cheddar and oregano.

200* for 10 minutes or so.  Nectar of the gods after a good sesh.

Edited by Tinkicker
  • Like 1

Well done bender... are you on the payroll or commission? 🤭

We tried one many years ago but just couldn't get on with it as it was a-bit hit and miss in every regard of ownership.

im sure some people will say they're better now but not got the need nor the feel to do it yet especially with a youngish family with different likes and requirements. Not to say never but certainly not at the moment.

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

We've got 3 ovens and my traditionalist wife uses all of them. I'm allowed to use one if I'm good.

I'm allowed to use ours as often as possible and I'm encouraged to use all the other kitchen appliances on a daily basis, luckily I've never understood how those clothes spinning things work and I have no wish to find out 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

Immediately went to Google ‘Remoska’ then remembered that I’ve been caught like that before and had flashbacks for months ..  🤢

It's just a small pan shaped oven, small so uses less leccy than your standard oven, like an air fryer without the air 😂

Air fryer is just a small oven with forced air.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have two, a small very basic one we bought to try it, and a second bigger and more complicated one as we'd got on so well with the first one. We use them (note plural) so much we now only ever put the main oven on if we're doing the traditional 'Sunday Roast'. Wouldn't be without one now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bender said:

I'm allowed to use ours as often as possible and I'm encouraged to use all the other kitchen appliances on a daily basis, luckily I've never understood how those clothes spinning things work and I have no wish to find out 😂

Opposite for me , im the slave.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I do quite a lot of cooking but I am totally banned from using the washing machine. I caused serious contamination once by washing some utterly filthy overalls. 

That's similar to me, except my errors in the washing department may not have been entirely accidental 😂 but it worked.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I do quite a lot of cooking but I am totally banned from using the washing machine. I caused serious contamination once by washing some utterly filthy overalls. 

I got caught washing a cylinder head in the dishwasher. It did not end well as for some strange reason the dishwasher never worked again.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Think it's time to start thinking about getting one myself.

Just saw a sale on airfryers from 105 to 85 quid.

Soon will be buy one get one free 😁😁😁

• Haha 2