Air fryer, who has one

Bender

There appears to be many variations on the air fryer, ours is a 2 basket no spiny thing and no pressure cooker. 

I would prefer a bigger single cooking area but it's handy to be able to do separate things at same time 🤔 I think

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I've fancied trying one for a while now. Will be hard to convince Wife as we have bugger all space in kitchen as is so she won't want another gadget in there :lol:

They def have a place in the kitchen, worth it for steak and chicken wings 😁 

Great for getting a bit of colour into stuff, set ours to bake today then a few mins at full whack. 

Can't see that picking up to be honest.

Like steam cleaners, why you want fried air? 🤔

Edited by husoi
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Have as much interest in an air fryer as in a hair dryer which given I've no hair is effectively nil. Just another gadget imo.

You think it might end up the new sandwich maker?  they've solved that problem straight off, it's too big to hide 😂 

Ours won't end up unused, the things it's good at are far to good to cook any other way, at a fraction of the cost of the oven

3 hours ago, Bender said:

You think it might end up the new sandwich maker?  they've solved that problem straight off, it's too big to hide 😂 

Ours won't end up unused, the things it's good at are far to good to cook any other way, at a fraction of the cost of the oven

Yep, ours was a stop gap but will see regular use when the kitchen is finally done. Cooks meat very well, salmon gets a lovely crisp skin and takes minutes, great for reheating pastries, sausage rolls, crispy wings. Can you tell I'm hungry

17 minutes ago, goat said:

Yep, ours was a stop gap but will see regular use when the kitchen is finally done. Cooks meat very well, salmon gets a lovely crisp skin and takes minutes, great for reheating pastries, sausage rolls, crispy wings. Can you tell I'm hungry

Samosa's are great too, yorkshire puds  😁 

Just had to double take here, I thought I'd arrived on Delia Smiths cookery page by mistake. 🤣 On a more serious note though, do not, under any circumstances buy one of these as a present for your other half.  I thought with the cost of living and all, rather than waste money on crap for Valentines day, that this would be a good alternative to a bunch of flowers .... Oh how wrong was I .  I thought I was going to have to spend eight hours in A&E waiting for the on-call proctologist to remove it!  😂.  A hastily booked meal out smoothed the ruffled feathers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

Just had to double take here, I thought I'd arrived on Delia Smiths cookery page by mistake. 🤣 On a more serious note though, do not, under any circumstances buy one of these as a present for your other half.  I thought with the cost of living and all, rather than waste money on crap for Valentines day, that this would be a good alternative to a bunch of flowers .... Oh how wrong was I .  I thought I was going to have to spend eight hours in A&E waiting for the on-call proctologist to remove it!  😂.  A hastily booked meal out smoothed the ruffled feathers!

Ohhh dear, never ever buy your other half anything practical for house use under any circumstances without prior authority 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ended up getting one!  Didn't get a ninja like I wanted.  Something about I only wanted one of those because it's called a ninja and if it was pink and called the ballerina I wouldn't want it :lol:

So we compromised on this one.

16791357298611854678709982623991.jpg

Apparently I'm cooking tonight as it was my idea we needed it. Not sure how I'll do a battered fish but I'll give it a go :wink:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Ended up getting one!  Didn't get a ninja like I wanted.  Something about I only wanted one of those because it's called a ninja and if it was pink and called the ballerina I wouldn't want it :lol:

So we compromised on this one.

16791357298611854678709982623991.jpg

Apparently I'm cooking tonight as it was my idea we needed it. Not sure how I'll do a battered fish but I'll give it a go :wink:

How the battered fish go? Not tried that yet but one of the lads at work said he had some last week and it was very good, so its on our menu this week.

Just now, husoi said:

What level of PhD do you need to operate it? 🤔

It's simple, select side, select cooking method, adjust time/temp press selector control in middle, you can make changes to either side when in use or turn either off, has a sync option so if one side only needs 10mins and other needs 30 it will start the lower one at correct time for them to fin together 😁 

22 minutes ago, Bender said:

Just to prove its not an ornament 😁 

Salmon, roast carrots and onions, roast potatoes,  cooked for about 10p 😁 

I made some fish fingers in mine for lunch :lol:

• Haha 1

So had ours over a week now and am very happy we got it. Just makes everything quicker and easier to cook. Even bacon comes out nice enough that I don't bother reaching for the frying pan anymore :lol:

Only fail I've had was a cheese/ham toastie. The bread dried out so much it felt like it was a week out of date! :shock:  Probably my own fault and I left it in too long

• Haha 1