Cheap vs Branded helmet

I generally see them hanging off some battered Chinese 125 or scooter in supermarket car parks. They are bought by people who have no idea and don't care. So long as it makes them legal that's enough. 

If you spot one of these riders returning to their bike you will note the absence of gloves, boots, and any form of protective jacket or trousers. 

Somewhere in the small print it will say " Novelty item, not to be used as a lifesaving device" or words to that effect, which is why they can get away with selling them legally.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Very Long time subscriber to F9 - good vids from Ryan and team.

agree with Bullfrog, add the scum that nick bikes or insurance fraud and say its a £800 shoei.

I'm not so keen on the new gear guy 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did you guys watch the latest video with a ammo box for panniers? the face of Ryan typing away is what to my imagination is him writing out the letter to accompany the p45 for the new guy.

Seriously he sends spidery senses off... the strangest brown gimp jump suit from the "bodging planes to keep the Gerrys at bay" era, Maybe its a secret nod to the Ryan FR Fireball plane... 😮.

anyway the babys outfit thats so new and clean but how many worn out plasters on his hands? Dude wear some smegging gloves!

Could you see a couple of morels to the story? Jokes aside it was a meh video.

On 20/08/2023 at 07:29, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I generally see them hanging off some battered Chinese 125 or scooter in supermarket car parks. They are bought by people who have no idea and don't care. So long as it makes them legal that's enough. 

If you spot one of these riders returning to their bike you will note the absence of gloves, boots, and any form of protective jacket or trousers. 

The amount of riders I see without gloves these days baffles the mind. And it's not just deliveroo riders who haven't a clue, it's people on bigger bikes I've seen cropping up.

I have to wonder what they think happens when half the skin gets taken off their hand in a slide.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, megaross said:

The amount of riders I see without gloves these days baffles the mind. And it's not just deliveroo riders who haven't a clue, it's people on bigger bikes I've seen cropping up.

I have to wonder what they think happens when half the skin gets taken off their hand in a slide.

Then the muscle but the bone wears much less quickly, yup boggles my mind too, first things that go out are hands.

Mentioned this a few times but its  a story I like to repeat.

When I did my cbt the instructor made us all squat down and run the back of our hands on the ground. She then said something on the lines of " now imagine doing that after coming off at 40mph "  :shock:

Thats stuck with me for nearly 25 years :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah heard many to get it to peoples heads.

the biggest and roughest sanding paper youll ever encounter if you come off.

if you think of it as a burnout, but instead of the tyre being destroyed think of it as your face...

IMG_0619.thumb.jpeg.3c4cde1deea31cf41ce31c6696857f52.jpeg REAR Bridgestone tyre thats meant to last 8000miles See the scratches then balls of rubber? after i had to do a emergency stop and 4 miles to get home. which last i saw skin barely a a few centimetres.

because a car had decided to stop on the exit of a blind corner in a 60zone...I didn't hit anything but me and the the bike thought holy S....😳😱.

reason for the daft decision to stop there??? as there was a car coming the other way on a two lane back road 🙄🤬, You can get wagons going through.

On this rock hard rubber tyre after the front had to take over to do most of the work with a stoppie and it still did that...

Without ABS The black line left behind a few days later was telling, just think if that was skin it would be to the bone and broken after hitting something solid..

Edited by RideWithStyles

Some people don't seem to give a shite about what PPE they wear on the bike ...... Casing point, MGP week down on the prom, bike with Irish plates on, parked up, helmet left propped over his wing mirror.  I thought that it looked like a pretty neat helmet, but I'd never heard of the make before, "Jobe".  Got home, looked it up on the internet, and found that it's made for jet skiing not motorcycling!  Sooner him than me .... 😬

• Confused 1

My last pair of gloves had a feature, I did not realise what it was till recently. Palm sliders. I would never now buy a glove without them. They are designed to stop the glove gripping the tarmac and prevent them wearing through.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Throttled said:

My last pair of gloves had a feature, I did not realise what it was till recently. Palm sliders. I would never now buy a glove without them. They are designed to stop the glove gripping the tarmac and prevent them wearing through.

One of the reasons I bought my Knox gloves

• Like 1

I've experienced this first hand (no pun intended) 12 weeks in plaster, following Scaphoid and ulnar collateral ligament damage, surgery to reconnect ligament. This was following an off. Gloves protected from gravel rash, held on to bars too long though 😂

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Bender said:

Then the muscle but the bone wears much less quickly, yup boggles my mind too, first things that go out are hands.

But they don't generally do full thickness skin grafts on hands or feet. At that point it's very possible you'll lose the hand, if you're "lucky" enough to keep it at the point you'll lose a lot of mobility and basically have a flipper at the end of your arm.

That's what a lot of people don't realise - it's very easy to irreversibly destroy your hands. They're complex and delicate, after your brain that's the minimum you should be protecting unless you're truly truly stupid.

I love my knox gloves, the scaphoid protector is a nice bonus but mostly it's the boa closure.

• Like 2