What you doing this weekend?

rennie

15 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Taking in the Stedelijk Museum and the Van Gogh Museum on Saturday before getting messy. More wandering about and New Model Army at the Melkweg on Sunday. 

That'll be an excellent gig. 👍

6 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Taking in the Stedelijk Museum and the Van Gogh Museum on Saturday before getting messy. More wandering about and New Model Army at the Melkweg on Sunday. 

The 2 museums are well worth a visit, especially in the cold damp weather you will probably have. Amsterdam is one of those places like York which when the wind blows its always feels cold as hell.

5 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

The 2 museums are well worth a visit, especially in the cold damp weather you will probably have. Amsterdam is one of those places like York which when the wind blows its always feels cold as hell.

We used to go every year, it was our starting point to our Euro tours on bikes. Know a load of Dutch to boot that we met at sites around France and Belgium. It’s kinda a home from home. 

• Like 1

The (long) weekend starts tomorrow. Off to buy some sloe gin from a small distillery, might sample the spiced sloe before passing over my hard earned. Saturday will be wiring the workshop up. Sunday will be the final clay shoot of the year, then Monday is a funeral for an uncle that wasn't really an uncle. We're going more for an aunt than anything else.

• Like 2

Replacing the shock that I bust last weekend.

While I'm at it...

How the donkety flip do I get the sleeve out of the linkage?

Failing with the big hammer. Either I'm missing something or I'm just weak.

Left it soaking in oil while I go eat chips.

That'll fix it. IMG_20231215_175542.thumb.jpg.91d1d0e65d86cf27c292f7a3ef69c5d8.jpg

12 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

While I'm at it...

That'll fix it. IMG_20231215_175542.thumb.jpg.91d1d0e65d86cf27c292f7a3ef69c5d8.jpg

Know anyone near with a press? My local workshop used to do bits for me over their lunchbreak for bottles of beer. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

While I'm at it...

I have in the past made a puller/pusher with a threaded bar and a socket slightly smaller than the o/d of the bush one end and a slightly larger socket the other both held with a large washer and a nut and then once in a vice start winding one of the nuts whilst heating the arm.

Take your time and you`ll be suprised how well it works.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

I have in the past made a puller/pusher with a threaded bar and a socket slightly smaller than the o/d of the bush one end and a slightly larger socket the other both held with a large washer and a nut and then once in a vice start winding one of the nuts whilst heating the arm.

Take your time and you`ll be suprised how well it works.

Cheers

Ian

That's a good idea. I have a tool for extracting rose bushes (the mechanical type, not the horticultural variety) which would be ideal for that kind of job. 

As Ian has said I would knock up bits of steel tubing big flat washers and a length of 10mm studding and draw the bush out. If that assembly is laquered be wary of heat on it if you want to preserve the finish just make up some rubber washers to protect the meal. 

I was in my shed yesterday looking for something and found a strange tool I had made years ago and for the life of me I cannot remember what I used it for but im not chucking it out just in case. I like making odd tools and coming up with solutions and the best bit it doesnt cost much.

• Like 1

Making three trips to Sportsbikeshop Birmingham. Bought a Keis heated jacket and connectors for my Gerbing gloves. Got home, Gloves wouldn't work so went back to get some Keis gloves only to get home to find they wouldn't work either. Took it all back again to find it was the jacket at fault so swapped it for another one. Service was brilliant from the lads as SBS.

• Like 3

Am*Dam remains a great place - but by flip it’s got expensive now

IMG_4318.thumb.jpeg.a12a1ff51a95df1ce953783cec9cac6b.jpeg

IMG_4326.thumb.jpeg.c761fc6382c6ce6953eb5a2e14a08eb3.jpeg

IMG_4330.thumb.jpeg.9a7bb4af0f509a371a39e1bfbc30c9b0.jpeg

IMG_4347.thumb.jpeg.a99d0e908538b05845856c58771236cb.jpeg

IMG_4362.thumb.jpeg.f2da725112bfe10818259a1301a546a5.jpeg

Paid over £8 for a pint of Heineken, two pizzas and a pint and a half for £50 - hell, the croissant and coffee pic cost me £18. 

And that’s on top of the hotel charging my card three times so taking over £1000 off me!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4