What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Connor and I had a day out yesterday .....

0700hrs drive to work in Chesterfield, collect spare control computer for stranded Stoneblower in Lanark.... Drive to Lanark and hand over parts to technician at sidings ...

Then the interesting bit ... stop 6 miles south of Lanark and pick up Ultimaker 2+ 3d printer Connor had bought then drive to Preston and collect bike I had bought ......

461 miles and 8 hours ......

Nice day out ...

NYE is going to be a bit strange! We'd normally be out with quite a few people

We're staying in this year obviously but we're going to turn the karaoke and skype on,

cook some party food, and do our best to have a virtual NYE party :cheers:

Last year was my final New Years Eve out. I don’t enjoy them, I go because I feel obliged and last year the next day I knew my resolution was to stop feeling obliged to go out on New Years Eve. 

My immediate family usually have lunch out somewhere nice together on New Year’s Day and I’ll miss that, it’s a good way to start the year. 

• Like 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is that a kit? Haven’t the boat club banned you yet? 😆

Not quite. The hull and top deck in fibreglass is supplied as is. 
Then I bought the motor speed controller prop tube etc separately, 

then is up to me for the layout and cutting. No plans or suggestions for equipment. 
as a friend said “don’t worry too much about cutting the hull. If it’s wrong just fill it with glass fibre and start again” 🤣

And no not been banned yet. 🙄

• Like 2

On 21/12/2020 at 08:33, XTreme said:

The thing is, it's not physically hard Rich.......I just sit on my ass looking at the screen everyday.

And most of the time it's not stressful because all the infrastructure and systems are set up in such a way that it runs like a well oiled machine.

I've also dropped a number of clients since my boy left 4 years ago so the workload and pressure is greatly reduced......and as long as there's no major upheavals like server switches (every 4 to 5 years) it's quite manageable.

The other thing is.....you've never met me so don't think I'm like the average 66 year old. I'm not! Mentally or physically. When I tell people my age they don't believe me......they think I'm years younger than that. The guys in the feed warehouses know how old and I am and they're just bewildered that I grab 35kg bags of horsefeed and just throw them about. The equivalent Dago usually has a walking stick or something!

Sure, there's a lot of miles on the clock.......but I'm doing OK!

hgku.jpg.9adf27c07e1cdcdd6105dc56596bb8dc.jpg

keep fit and healthy with plenty of exercise :thumb:

• Like 1

I will now be sitting indoors drinking. This is due to some extra special civil servant who came into work when not feeling well, going home and getting tested positive for covid!

That's managed to put 6 engineers on lockdown and a customer site with just 1 engineer to provide support.

F**king ungrateful bunch at the best of times, but this has really annoyed me.

Fish

• Sad 2

The Sister in Law in Norfolk has mannequins with various arms and legs missing,

dressed up, scattered throughout the house! :classic_biggrin:

I found myself having a 1-sided conversation with 1 on Skype the other night! :yay:

I'm having a siesta later then we're having the full kit set up, flashing lights and all,

lots of booze, lots of singing. The neighbours are aware :thumb::cheers: