Nob of the Day.......

Tango

5 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

My bog standard 2010 Astra has an amazing device. When it gets dark the lights turn on all by themselves. 

If they can fit that on an old Astra then why can't all cars do it?

Especially if a car has auto DLR it should auto switch lights on front and rear once it gets dark. 

5 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

My bog standard 2010 Astra has an amazing device. When it gets dark the lights turn on all by themselves. 

A lot of cars have this feature. Buy it requires the driver to select AUTO on the light switch.

• Like 1

BT...our phone line is intermittent.  A guy came today to fix it. He connected his laptop and said, "Yup, it's faulty."

We already knew that. 

So then they send me a text saying an engineer is coming Tuesday  between  1 and 6. Text amend if that's not convenient. 

I'm at home but in a meeting. So I texted 'Amend'. 

The revised appointment is Tuesday between  1 and 6. 

I give up. 

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

If they keep progressing at this rate  cars will soon be driving themselves 

OK, so having finally sorted BT out with an engineer booked for Monday 30 Oct in the morning I get an email today saying they're coming on Wednesday 25th morning. 

And they're sending me a 4g hub dongle for broadband access. They know we have no mobile signal. 

So I get that all sorted out and then get an email from Direct Line saying they don't want to insure my 2010 Astra any more. Apparently its too high risk! What? I mean it's well looked after but it must have lost a few horsepower from when it was new. 

So that means they lose all our cars, and house insurance, and caravan insurance.  All gone to those very helpful people at LV who didn't wet themselves when I tried to insure my boy racer Astra with optional towbar. 

• Haha 2

Some idiot driving a flat bed van and towing a diesel generator behind him. 7pm, getting dark and traffic is relatively heavy. Driving down a 40pmh road with 4 lanes. Guy is in fast lane behind a Micra doing just under 40. There's lots of traffic lights on the road so hardly time for the Micra to get up to speed. Van decides to veer in and out of traffic, zooming in and out of all the lanes, cutting up people who have to hit brakes to miss him. 

I'm the end we approach the next set of lights and after all his acrobatics where does he end up.....back in the outside lane behind the Micra 😂      🔔🔚

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Yep Bullfrog that why me and the whole family's steer clear of BT, complete nobs everyday.

😏 at direct line, could it be just a nicer way to say its more the owner? "you finely aged rebel" 😅😉.
Did u try saga?🫣😇, If you get the same answer you know it's your boy racer car 🤭.

It's deffo the car as we have (had) two insured with them. They sent a renewal for the other one. 

The same happened some years ago when our main heap got old and they didn't want to insure it. But at least then they just started charging silly premiums rather than point blank refusing to renew the policy. 

On 19/10/2023 at 08:45, onesea said:

Having just got my first car with DLR's I am going to admit to doing this once or twice.  

- My DLR's are bright enough that you think you have your headlights on.

image.thumb.png.f145afbeedb6564fe8c2edae8db99e44.png- The switch for headlights is on the dash hidden behind your right arm. 

- As you rightly say your dash lights stay on all day.

So yes now I have to think to put my lights on. All the normal clues to put lights on have been taken away.

Strangely for me it is not when it's getting dark or poor visibility, then I normally remember them then.  It's when I get in the car off a night.

Volvo? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Exactly the same switch as in my V50 :lol: 

Next your going to say it's a Blue estate as well!

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Hmmmm...I keep hankering after a Volvo. I'm just not sure I'm ready to admit I'm old enough yet. 

Believe me it was bought out of need. Even then it's not real enough.

However it does help my nephew is a apprentice mechanic with Volvo.

13 minutes ago, Bender said:

Ahh yes Volvo, which type do you have, the Swedish Volvo, the ford Swedish Volvo or one of the new Chinese Swedish Volvo's 🤔

Mines a ford one with a PSA engine as used in citroen's and pugs :lol: 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I educated a boy today on what a two stroke engine is.  He told me his KTM would beat my ts50 in a race, I asked if his bike was 2 stroke or 4 stroke, he didn't know.  Thank you motorbikeforum :-) you've taught me what the difference is.  Win for JJ.

Supermarkets.

Sainsburys: Thanks for shopping with us. As we hate paying real people please scan your own shopping. Also, we don't really trust you to do this without robbing us blind, so we're going to hold you hostage until you scan your receipt at this rather flimsy looking barrier. Hey! Wait! You're not supposed to just push it open....

Tesco: Thanks for shopping at one of our friendly self-service tills. Here's £1.50 change in shrapnel. Why would we take it to the bank when we can palm it off on you mugs?

IMG_20231109_231542.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Orses, I have always been a orse friendly person, used to fall off them regularly when I was a young scrap, them I discovered engines and switched to falling off motorbikes..

So yesterdays ride through the Peak district was glorious, note to self, look at the road not the scenery, bends come fast and challenging!

Just cleared a village, 30 mph speed limit, nice bendy bit coming up so ready to make progress,  I can see horse taxi, pulled up in a small layby, with the rear doors open, nobody outside, roll-off, stay right. 50 yds before I pass the horse box, horse and minder rapidly  exit the box, backwards, into the road in front of me,  pulled up, no drama, lady about to get the beasty under control, screech of tyres behind me, car part sideways on, manages to pull up, young women driver looking terrified,  lessen learned for all three I hope.

But, how fast was the driver going through the village to be carrying so much speed, maybe 200 yds from the 30 mph exit, this was not a Mclaren 675, bonkers !

Just another interesting/ glorious day out on two wheels. 

PS: Come 5pm, loving heated grips 

• Like 5

The guy two cars in front of me jumping a red traffic light at roadworks on the Brampton Road in Carlisle. Mostly because there had been a police car immediately behind him for at least two miles prior to the incident.

Yes, the copper followed him through and pulled him at the first safe opportunity.

Remember , folks, checking your mirrors keeps you safe. 

Edited by Steve_M
  • Haha 5