Nob of the Day.......

Tango

4 hours ago, Steve_M said:

The guy two cars in front of me jumping a red traffic light at roadworks on the Brampton Road in Carlisle. Mostly because there had been a police car immediately behind him for at least two miles prior to the incident.

Yes, the copper followed him through and pulled him at the first safe opportunity.

Remember , folks, checking your mirrors keeps you safe. 

In bike training we were always taught to check mirrors before braking OR accelerating. Maybe this has something to do with it. 😁

• Thanks 1

Safety check and life saver check are permanently on my mind even when I'm not riding.  The first time I went out after doing my CBT some angry old man shouted at me and called me a c***.  If I could remember the date he would definitely have won nob of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I nominate the Scottish finance minister, or whatever her title is.

You know what is coming when she goes on the tele saying "we're happy that the central government took some good measures. But we have to make difficult decisions..."

You know what is next. 🤬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, husoi said:

I nominate the Scottish finance minister, or whatever her title is.

You know what is coming when she goes on the tele saying "we're happy that the central government took some good measures. But we have to make difficult decisions..."

You know what is next. 🤬

What, they have to buy another motorhome to replace the one the police stole ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I bought some ceramic repair stuff from eBay.

Mix together stuff that you layer on and then sand down. Well happy with the results. Don't think I'll bother replacing sink just yet 😀

Red arrow pointing to where the crack was. You can still see a faint line when you zoom in.

PXL_20231201_173216029~3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 01/12/2023 at 17:37, Tiggie said:

I bought some ceramic repair stuff from eBay.

Mix together stuff that you layer on and then sand down. Well happy with the results. Don't think I'll bother replacing sink just yet 😀

Red arrow pointing to where the crack was. You can still see a faint line when you zoom in.

PXL_20231201_173216029~3.jpg

Bbbuuuuuuutttt have you filled the sink with hot water yet. 😳👍

• Haha 1

I've been having a couple of bad weeks with "people". 

On weekends I use the met (tram) to get to the gym as it's cheaper than using the car, and I jump out a couple of stops early to get a walk in. 

The last few months, it's like a switch has flipped. People don't wait for you to get off anymore, they just barge right into you. I've seen women, kids, etc all be basically pushed back into the tram as they try to get off. Some say something, but it's usually shrugged off by the aggressor.

I tolerated it for a bit, and would stand in the door way and just not move and glare at the people pushing in, but in the past few weeks, I had enough of it, and I've just walked through people who do this. I stand at the door ready to get off as usual, people see me waiting as the tram stops, and the as the door opens I take a step forward. But if someone tries to barge in, I just walk through them. And so far in the past 2-3 weeks...

The one that made me react the worst. One guy tried to barge between me and a woman holding a baby waiting to get off. Knocking both of us. Before he could pass, I grabbed him by the shoulder and walked him out the tram with a calm/firm "F**king... Wait...". He stared at me like a rabbit in headlights...

Then in the space of one weekend, I encounter a guy who as the tram stops. I press the button to open the door, and he's stabbing it repeatedly on the other side. I step forward to leave, and he just walks into me. I hold position, and then he tries to shove me with a shoulder barge. So I shoved him and he stumbles back, and I walk by with a "the f**ks wrong with you". Some old woman shouts at us "there's no need for that". 

On the way back, some teen girls try to barge in, I walk out and into them. They move out of the way then, and one mutters "perv". I sniggered at that one. Went to Sainsburys as my girlfriend needs some bits, and I go down an aisle and a little woman bent over walks backwards very suddenly. I stop dead but we make contact and she goes over on her side. It's my turn to be a rabbit in headlights, as she shouts at me, but luckily an elderly fella interrupts and says she's been "charging about running into everyone". She tells him to f-himself, so I reply in kind and move along. 

Security stop me on the way out, claims I "grabbed and threw her". I laughed and told them to get the CCTV up. The aisle doesn't have a camera directly on it (I suspect this woman scoped it out), but there is one looking over the tops that catches the event. My hands were in my coat pockets, I was walking at a regular pace. I'm allowed to leave, and she's still kicking off. I feel sorry for her present or future ex-husband. 

Girlfriend thinks I'm on edge lately, and suggests I might be looking for trouble without realising. But then went to the cinema with friends and confronted two people in there, one who wouldn't stop talking who said "f**k off, we're just talking about the movie" as if they were in their own home cinema. Then a couple of women, who were on their phones and apparently making jokes, when she asked them to stop they said "if you don't like it, just leave". 

Manchester... And the 12 nobs of Christmas. By my reckoning I've got 6 more to go. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

On weekends I use the met (tram) to get to the gym as it's cheaper than using the car, and I jump out a couple of stops early to get a walk in. 

The last few months, it's like a switch has flipped. People don't wait for you to get off anymore, they just barge right into you. I've seen women, kids, etc all be basically pushed back into the tram as they try to get off. Some say something, but it's usually shrugged off by the aggressor.

I tolerated it for a bit, and would stand in the door way and just not move and glare at the people pushing in, but in the past few weeks, I had enough of it, and I've just walked through people who do this. I stand at the door ready to get off as usual, people see me waiting as the tram stops, and the as the door opens I take a step forward. But if someone tries to barge in, I just walk through them. And so far in the past 2-3 weeks...

The one that made me react the worst. One guy tried to barge between me and a woman holding a baby waiting to get off. Knocking both of us. Before he could pass, I grabbed him by the shoulder and walked him out the tram with a calm/firm "F**king... Wait...". He stared at me like a rabbit in headlights...

Then in the space of one weekend, I encounter a guy who as the tram stops. I press the button to open the door, and he's stabbing it repeatedly on the other side. I step forward to leave, and he just walks into me. I hold position, and then he tries to shove me with a shoulder barge. So I shoved him and he stumbles back, and I walk by with a "the f**ks wrong with you". Some old woman shouts at us "there's no need for that". 

On the way back, some teen girls try to barge in, I walk out and into them. They move out of the way then, and one mutters "perv". I sniggered at that one. Went to Sainsburys as my girlfriend needs some bits, and I go down an aisle and a little woman bent over walks backwards very suddenly. I stop dead but we make contact and she goes over on her side. It's my turn to be a rabbit in headlights, as she shouts at me, but luckily an elderly fella interrupts and says she's been "charging about running into everyone". She tells him to f-himself, so I reply in kind and move along. 

Security stop me on the way out, claims I "grabbed and threw her". I laughed and told them to get the CCTV up. The aisle doesn't have a camera directly on it (I suspect this woman scoped it out), but there is one looking over the tops that catches the event. My hands were in my coat pockets, I was walking at a regular pace. I'm allowed to leave, and she's still kicking off. I feel sorry for her present or future ex-husband. 

Girlfriend thinks I'm on edge lately, and suggests I might be looking for trouble without realising. But then went to the cinema with friends and confronted two people in there, one who wouldn't stop talking who said "f**k off, we're just talking about the movie" as if they were in their own home cinema. Then a couple of women, who were on their phones and apparently making jokes, when she asked them to stop they said "if you don't like it, just leave". 

Manchester... And the 12 nobs of Christmas. By my reckoning I've got 6 more to go. 

There is a lack of tolerance in the UK at the moment that seems to be growing. Impatient people with a self righteous attitude. My solution has been to avoid people, not ideal.

Then I meet enough of the general public at work that I figure is see enough people.

Supermarkets have always been horrible as a bloke particularly of a week day.  Women of all ages pushing you about, etc.   I learned to be patient if the person in front dithered wait, then when the person behind starts being rude step aside and see how they handle they handle the person causing the problem.  Online shopping is my solution, it’s a holiday novelty going shopping for me now.

As many know we have 2 dogs, one is reactive improving but reactive.  I have learned walking in the rain is preferable then the people seem to be more human.   Even my misses has seen it met a lady whilst walking my dog it starts being reactive (she does look horrible when she does).  Lady starts aggressive out of control dog lecture (dog on lead me trying to distract etc, hers of lead tormenting).
Misses comes round corner and attitude suddenly changes, nice to see your trying etc.

Its not everyone but now I assume all people are knobs until proven otherwise.

Sometimes being polite can be fun, holding doors open or gates open for the person behind.  I thought we all did it but it’s amazing how many family groups just walk through and expect you to do it for there whole family. Let parents through and then let door gently (deliberately gently if necessary, to make sure you don’t hurt anyone) close on children following behind. “I though you would hold the door open for your own children/ family / friends”.

As a male sadly aggression will only get you in trouble, over kindness and taking offence will cause them many more problems.  It’s the new form of bullying.

Try it next time you have some one pushing, be polite let a car out of a side road.  See how they react, the new rule of the road regarding pedestrians have right of way etc.  Best exercised to let children cross when you have impatient car (normally school mum) behind you.

Try it on the tram, invite them on when stepping off? Maybe a polite “You get on first, will get off after”.

Then person who last pushed me to a junction on the bike had an unexpected delay when I didn’t immediately pull out I waited till I could just get ahead of the lorry.

Last I saw of him he was in my mirror stuck behind the lorry, who was not helping his overtake.

There endeth my lesson on how to be the biggest knob of the day.  Apparently I do it so naturally now it’s embarrassing.

“They deserved it”, “I know but you didn’t have to”.

Edited by onesea
  • Like 1

I've had the same experiences in London. We went into central London this weekend. Getting off the tube and trains is a struggle. My Mrs is 8 months pregnant with tfl baby on board pin on her jacket and people still push in as she's trying to get off the trains. I was furious but die to the carriage being packed she was ahead of me so I couldn't form a path. One guy shouted at everyone that a preggo lady was getting off and I prefer to remember him helping that the others that got in the way.

• Like 1

The only time to go to the cinema is when kids are at school and morons are at work.