Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

2 hours ago, Stu said:

One thing that has worried me is the pressure points! Like the side stand on the bike and the contact points on the bike lift! 

I have a carpet down at the minute which makes it nice and comfortable to lay on :lol: but if you spill anything it just soaks in! 

Are they slippery when wet? 

Surprisingly not. The ones I went for are intended for industrial n commercial use so are made of magic non slip stuff. Weight rated for heavy vehicles and forklifts up to 3.5 tons. Expected to last 20+ years n guaranteed for 10 so should be fine in a garage- only time will tell!

I reckon very heavy things where the weights concentrated in small areas will dent it but I’ve had no problems. Even the dent from a 670llb bike on its side stand only made a slight indention which doesn’t effect it functionally. I used hockey pucks under the side stand and then forked out for these larger ones cos they can be kicked under the bike without getting off. Not that getting off is a big deal!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Side-Stand-Pads-Jmt-Big-Foot-192Mm-For-better-stability-of-the-motorcycle-on/142151554764?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It’s ridiculously easy to lift and replace a damaged tile without disturbing the rest of the floor and if I ever move I’d have no qualms about picking the flooring up and taking it with me!

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
but it’s never gonna be as warm and comfortable as carpet!
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Surprisingly not. The ones I went for are intended for industrial n commercial use so are made of magic non slip stuff. Weight rated for heavy vehicles and forklifts up to 3.5 tons. Expected to last 20+ years n guaranteed for 10 so should be fine in a garage- only time will tell!

I reckon very heavy things where the weights concentrated in small areas will dent it but I’ve had no problems. Even the dent from a 670llb bike on its side stand only made a slight indention which doesn’t effect it functionally. I used hockey pucks under the side stand and then forked out for these larger ones cos they can be kicked under the bike without getting off. Not that getting off is a big deal!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Side-Stand-Pads-Jmt-Big-Foot-192Mm-For-better-stability-of-the-motorcycle-on/142151554764?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It’s ridiculously easy to lift and replace a damaged tile without disturbing the rest of the floor and if I ever move I’d have no qualms about picking the flooring up and taking it with me!

over 6 quid for a pad?????

I've made one of 5mm plywood for the ST1300 that fits on the bottom of the topbox, cost me less than £2 including some spray paint and 10 min work. Take it everywhere and just put it down if I stop somewhere with soft ground. works a treat. :thumb:

37 minutes ago, husoi said:

over 6 quid for a pad?????

I've made one of 5mm plywood for the ST1300 that fits on the bottom of the topbox, cost me less than £2 including some spray paint and 10 min work. Take it everywhere and just put it down if I stop somewhere with soft ground. works a treat. :thumb:

Oh yeh none of the stuff I bought was cheap but as you can see it was all about the aesthetics not the practicality. 

I had a lot of time and some spare cash during the first lockdown and I missed bike dealerships with cafes and the pub so I made my own which I have to say is a vast improvement on the real thing cos it’s not full of other annoying people, the beers the right price and I already own the bikes in it 😂

It’ll probably save me a small fortune over the coming years!

• Like 1

Big gig came in yesterday......existing client and a very large UK corporate!

Gonna be busy for a week or two......don't think I'll be missing any riding opportunities though.

177381480_Screenshot2020-11-25194540.jpg.06e60f4cdc5b6529790c226cfe8ab713.jpg

So @Tiggie......there's no need to stalk me across the Internet if you don't see me on here!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Gonna be busy for a week or two......don't think I'll be missing any riding opportunities though.

So @Tiggie......there's no need to stalk me across the Internet if you don't see me on here!

right , who's been having a dig at xtreme , this is a disguised flounce for sure,

if you need to talk xtreme .

Edited by Six30
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Congratulations 🎉 I’ll be expecting another gift soon then 😂

40 minutes ago, Six30 said:

right , who's been having a dig at xtreme , this is a disguised flounce for sure,

if you need to talk xtreme .

All the talk of toothache and hiccups pushed me over the edge.

I know what this leads to........Toyota F@cking Aygo's! 

ewan mcgregor facepalm GIF by Walt Disney Studios

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

All the talk of toothache and hiccups pushed me over the edge.

I know what this leads to........Toyota F@cking Aygo's! 

ewan mcgregor facepalm GIF by Walt Disney Studios

Yup and before you know it folk are asking advice on flues lol

How's yours? 

I removed this poor little fella causing a flue fault, it was beyond redemption after spinning round like a hamster on crystal meth.

_20201125_231718.JPG

• Like 1

Morning all .... Off to Plymouth this morning, ( about 0500hrs )Traction and Braking sander stuff for GWR Class 43 locos, then up to Exeter for the night, Class 150 air system upgrade meeting at 0800hrs then to Bristol for a Class 166 survey.... A nice run out on the mighty Himma.  :classic_biggrin:

7 hours ago, Bender said:

Yup and before you know it folk are asking advice on flues lol

How's yours? 

I removed this poor little fella causing a flue fault, it was beyond redemption after spinning round like a hamster on crystal method.

_20201125_231718.JPG

Birds nest removed from flue.....working.....then it went again.

Same error message "Alarm Flue"......he's coming back this morning.