Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Thought I was going to get pulled by police on my way to work this morning at 5am.

I drove past a police car and saw them turning around further down the road. As I was parking up at shop they pulled up alongside me. When I got out he looked at me and said "I'm guessing by the look on your face you are on your way to work?!!" 

I smiled and raised my shop keys, he laughed and drove off :smile:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Thought I was going to get pulled by police on my way to work this morning at 5am.

I drove past a police car and saw them turning around further down the road. As I was parking up at shop they pulled up alongside me. When I got out he looked at me and said "I'm guessing by the look on your face you are on your way to work?!!" 

I smiled and raised my shop keys, he laughed and drove off :smile:

so what is a "im on my way to work face " ??

41 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Goodnight Tom ... good innings, well played  ....:classic_smile:  Our humour is what makes us British...

image.png.2db8c68aa5541b6c4eb52a65a1e2ec6c.png

Shame there are those who are prepared to be complete arses about him taking a completely legal holiday. I despair sometimes. 

438574D8-F489-447C-ABB7-F3F040DD5A70.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Shame there are those who are prepared to be complete arses about him taking a completely legal holiday. I despair sometimes. 

438574D8-F489-447C-ABB7-F3F040DD5A70.jpeg

Not sure why you have included me in your post ...????

1 minute ago, Trooper74 said:

Not sure why you have included me in your post ...????

Not casting aspersions on your good self. Apologies for any offence caused. I was merely attempting to highlight the contrast between the respect that your post shows, and the type of misplaced and disrespectful attitudes of a certain element. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Not casting aspersions on your good self. Apologies for any offence caused. I was merely attempting to highlight the contrast between the respect that your post shows, and the type of misplaced and disrespectful attitudes of a certain element. 

Sorry Steve .... Totally agree with you ... 

• Like 3

Morning all, weather going to be good today, thats overcast, dryish and above freezing, so off to work on the bike for an hour then an escape into the Peaks or towards the coast for some “David and the motorbike” time. 

:classic_smile:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Morning all, weather going to be good today, thats overcast, dryish and above freezing, so off to work on the bike for an hour then an escape into the Peaks or towards the coast for some “David and the motorbike” time. 

:classic_smile:

Rain again all day yeay , it's ok tmrw is Fri, when it's going to rain again all day

59 minutes ago, Bender said:

Rain again all day yeay , it's ok tmrw is Fri, when it's going to rain again all day

And we have to wait for a dry day to have the dormer flat roof replaced. We can’t make progress on that room until that’s done. Also annoying because, with no ceiling, there’s no insulation, and it’s bloody freezing up there.

Good wet morning :) 

Snow? not a sign of it but very cold.

After yesterday's short trip I realised that my waterproof trousers need replacement.

What I need to figure is if I need a overall waterproof or just 1 pair that are also waterproof for my touring.

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

According to XC weather its not going to get above freezing from Sunday through Friday next week. Sounds pretty miserable in fact and suits my current mood.☹️

With snow.

Even better...