Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

I’m currently reading a book that is a tale of a couple riding the Wild Atlantic Way on a V-Strom 650. It’s made me think that, perhaps, it’s time to reconsider my choice of motorbike and go back to a midrange tourer. Something along the lines of a Honda VFR800 Crossrunner. I do like my GS but it’s a bit of a cliche… perhaps downsize in a couple of years when I reach my next milestone birthday as a pressie to myself. 

• Like 2

One reason I opted for the small multistrada. The GS was heavy and bulky and as where I Iive I have to physically manhandle the bike every time I use it the thought of wrestling a GS around was a bit depressing. Also its so damned big.

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

One reason I opted for the small multistrada. The GS was heavy and bulky and as where I Iive I have to physically manhandle the bike every time I use it the thought of wrestling a GS around was a bit depressing. Also its so damned big.

I started on a slippery slope with my ST1100… and I’ve stuck with the bigger bikes since. I have to manhandle mine across gravel here, so a lighter, easier to push around bike would make sense. The GS is a dream to ride, though, and as easy to manoeuvre at any speed as many a lighter bike. It’s just all so unnecessarily big. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dynax said:

Good morning, don't know what to make to make of the weather, some bright sunshine but some very black clouds are looming :thumb:

Clear skies over here and the weather man says its nice all day just a little chilly 

5 minutes ago, Bender said:

Grey grey grey here with an outbreak of work 😔 

How disappointing. 

With any luck it'll be dry enough here to be able to shove the lawnmower about later.

That's after I've made a cake for the girl's birthday, prepared a party lunch for the outlaws and tiled the downstairs shitter.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

How disappointing. 

With any luck it'll be dry enough here to be able to shove the lawnmower about later.

That's after I've made a cake for the girl's birthday, prepared a party lunch for the outlaws and tiled the downstairs shitter.

Would be easier if you were going to work 😁