Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

21 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Take it easy I have this mother of all lurgy's going around had it since 21st sept and no sign of it relenting steroids and 2 lots of anti biotics in !

I took part in an ONS COVID survey yesterday (for which I get some sort of voucher reward… discount on a future privatised health service, perhaps?) which i had to do a PCR test and I’m awaiting results. , I’ve since done a lateral flow test… negative. So far so good. I await my flu jab and COVID booster… 

Whatever ails me seems to be easing, nose is less snotty, no headache, no sore throat and I’m back working on the house without getting too tired.

Hopefully your lurgy will ease soon. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

I took part in an ONS COVID survey yesterday (for which I get some sort of voucher reward… discount on a future privatised health service, perhaps?) which i had to do a PCR test and I’m awaiting results. , I’ve since done a lateral flow test… negative. So far so good. I await my flu jab and COVID booster… 

Whatever ails me seems to be easing, nose is less snotty, no headache, no sore throat and I’m back working on the house without getting too tired.

Hopefully your lurgy will ease soon. 

Thanks mate yes it is now it's a little just a snotty nose now, I'm asthmatic so it don't help. I have to say my GPs have been surprisingly brilliant. Picked up a heart murmur a swift ECG and a cardiac referral so at least they are on top of that. Roll on the summer and warm weather 🤣

Stay safe and warm everyone 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goat said:

One night in Farnham. Hotel is decent. Complimentary bottle of beer in the fridge. London pride but still free beer is Nice touch. 

May be it's because I'm a Londoner, but I like London Pride 🎶

I had the mother of all colds a couple of weeks ago - thanks again to the grandchildren. Off work for a week :shock:. Nearly had to cancel the trip to Scotland. Still got a cough, four weeks on.

3 minutes ago, bonio said:

I had the mother of all colds a couple of weeks ago - thanks again to the grandchildren. Off work for a week :shock:. Nearly had to cancel the trip to Scotland. Still got a cough, four weeks on.

Glad I'm not the only one. The little dears passed on a beast of a cold and 10 days in I'm still producing snot at a phenomenal rate. Bit of a cough and tickle in my throat combined with a feeling of general bleah. No fever though and so far 3 LCF tests have all  come up negative. Avoid docs though. Only go once a year for my annual medical.

On 17/10/2021 at 20:13, MikeHorton said:

Take it easy I have this mother of all lurgy's going around had it since 21st sept and no sign of it relenting steroids and 2 lots of anti biotics in !

I think I've got that now. Just over a week ago I was feeling a bit like I had hayfever and then over the week I just started feeling grim until on Friday I was on the sofa. Now on Tuesday the following week and my throat is still rough, the cough isn't as bad but the runny nose is really annoying. 

Usually I try to just push through, but I've got a small operation coming up so I need to be in good shape for that. Hope it doesn't last weeks!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

I think I've got that now. Just over a week ago I was feeling a bit like I had hayfever and then over the week I just started feeling grim until on Friday I was on the sofa. Now on Tuesday the following week and my throat is still rough, the cough isn't as bad but the runny nose is really annoying. 

Usually I try to just push through, but I've got a small operation coming up so I need to be in good shape for that. Hope it doesn't last weeks!

Normally echinacea tablets help me boost my immune system up worth giving them a go it didn't help me this time tho!

• Like 1

I've been on a A-Z multi-vitamin for a similar reason, trying to keep the immune system boosted as I was trying not to get sick. Guess it's best I get it out of the way early in the season. 

Can imagine this year is going to be spectacularly bad for flu deaths.

• Like 1

I am not a happy bunny. I've said about the guy meant to be doing the bathroom in the house we rent letting me down, well yesterday I told him his services were no longer required, I shall do the job myself. The problem is I am desparately short of time.

So today I had two appointments which were annoyingly mid-morning and then 6.00pm, which meant it wasn't worth me travelling to our house to do any work today, but has left me at a loose end for most of the day. I could do the oil on the Bobber but the oil filter hasn't arrived.

The mid-morning one - they didn't show up.

The 6.00pm one got cancelled 20 minutes before it was due to happen - by email, which I didn't see until 5.57pm. So that's a whole day wasted.

• Sad 3

I'd be bloody annoyed too. It's a real pisser when folks screw you around without any shame. Doesn't happen too often when I'm at home but when I'm at sea it's all too common. At least my day is rarely wasted!

On 19/10/2021 at 22:33, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin: If you want to be messed about you should try working here!

I thought I'd been messed about by experts whilst in The Army but here is worse!:scratch:

My son’s girlfriend is a paramedic. Some of her tales of being messed around both by work and the public are many and varied. 

• Like 2