Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good Morning , cheers all! :cheers:

I'm ok, waiting to hear if I've got to go in tonight or not.

don't really know many details of what/how/why it happened.

probably shouldn't be talking about it on an open forum anyway :scratch:

Last time (about 2001 I think) I got interviewed at The Police Station under caution

then ended up giving evidence at the inquest. I'm hopeful that won't happen this time.

He was mid 50's with a family and used to come to work on a tatty old Bandit 1200.

I spoke to him most mornings as he was always 1 of the first to arrive

8 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Morning , cheers all! :cheers:

I'm ok, waiting to hear if I've got to go in tonight or not.

don't really know many details of what/how/why it happened.

probably shouldn't be talking about it on an open forum anyway :scratch:

Last time (about 2001 I think) I got interviewed at The Police Station under caution

then ended up giving evidence at the inquest. I'm hopeful that won't happen this time.

He was mid 50's with a family and used to come to work on a tatty old Bandit 1200.

I spoke to him most mornings as he was always 1 of the first to arrive

@rennieyou was not at work at the time of the incident, so you probably won't be asked to give a statement, etc, but it still is not an easy time for you.

In 1979 I was a machine setter on lathes called emimec auto sprints. They were a pegboard controlled single spindle, multi turret lathe. 

A young lad was given to me to operate a sprint on a single operation setting, just turning down the end of a windscreen wiper shaft as it was the wrong profile. 

I heard a loud scream, went to see what had happened, and he had managed to cut of part of a finger. 

Turns out he stuck his hand in the m/c after starting it to remove a bit of swarf. H and S got involved, and I was interviewed at length by them, along with my boss and the shop floor manager. 

The outcome was all the sprints had to be fitted with a second start button, and I think the lad got compensation, as he never came back to work

• Like 1

Just feels horrible! I've got to light 4 machines the same as the 1 the incident occurred on in the morning but not the actual 1.

I also haven't been here for nearly 2 weeks so it was going to feel strange anyway :scratch:

• Sad 1