Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Hurrah - I fixed that pesky tumble drier, and it stopped raining whilst I had it to bits in the yard.

And then I got confirmation that our new year's eve ride is on. Think we might try the Tollgate Cafe on the A5 on the way to Bala.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rennie said:

@Mississippi Bullfrog!  I've been there several times! food is pretty good! :thumb:

It's more of a snack kiosk than a cafe though! I can't remember there being any inside seating!

Thanks. The forecast is reasonable so sitting outside should be fine. So long as we can get a brew and a decent bacon bitty that will do us. 

I've been past it many times and usually stop at Rhug, but they've been annoying with customer service the past few times. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Hurrah - I fixed that pesky tumble drier, and it stopped raining whilst I had it to bits in the yard.

And then I got confirmation that our new year's eve ride is on. Think we might try the Tollgate Cafe on the A5 on the way to Bala.

Your weather forecast is better than mine. Rain and gales, so good luck with your ride.

It must be mild, my bees are flying.

Best not to go near them though. They bottle up their poop until they can get outside. So everywhere will be splattered with yellow stains. 

Those yellow spots you get on your car, now you know what they are. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I need to upgrade a cranky old laptop so I ordered all the bits from Currys online late Christmas Eve. They said 5-6 working days for delivery which is fair enough at this time of year under the current circumstances.

All the bits arrived this morning, which I reckon is within 2 working days at most. 

That's pretty impressive.

And now the fun begins.....

• Like 1

On 27/12/2021 at 23:05, Trooper74 said:

Cycling ... a fuelled exercise ....

If i do a 30 mile ride i need to fuel consistently throughout ... Bananas, Haribo, petrol station sandwiches ..... 

Starved rides are a thing  ... but only short term ....

Losing weight by cycling is difficult ....

I also do 100km rides 6 times a year .....

So often cycling is pushed as a great exercise regime .... It is. but not as weight loss programme.

Fuel in the tank ????

being a fat fooker is fashionable... not in Lycra though, so lose it sharpish

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

being a fat fooker is fashionable... not in Lycra though, so lose it sharpish

Stop pretending to be a Moto GP rider on your plastic fantastic spaceship ..... grow up ...

🤣

New tyres, wet, muddy, leaf strewn roads = a cautious ride around Cumbria and Northumberland today. My first ride in some while so it was probably good to get the practice in.

Luckily  the weather was kind with no rain, though quite breezy. 

2EA2AB16-924A-45F8-85F0-DFA8DFD0BCD0.jpeg

36ACEF42-CB6A-47AE-B846-07002627A36C.jpeg

• Like 4