Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

5 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Nice! 

Ever since I saw a Live Steam version of Rocket I always wanted one, I missed out last year as I couldn't afford one, hopefully this year I will be able to set aside some money each month to cover the cost :thumb:

5 hours ago, NeilM said:

Aye, but it's iconic.

Slightly differs from the original.  

This has the Adelphi hull badge on the back. Whereas the original had Beautiful South wrote in small font at the top.

Lisa was taking the xxxx last night saying. You may have the original but you won't fit in it...

So... Well it does fit, but the bumps are in different places😁😁

could be time to start running round the block 😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skyrider said:

could be time to start running round the block 😁

Same weight as I was in my mid twenties.  Just rather a different body shape🤣🤣🤣

Can still do a bit.

Lisa did the couch to 5k. Nagged me to do it. Thought sod it. Give it a go. Downloaded the app etc.

Turned it on.  Set off. Kept on telling me to walk etc. Doing me head in. So just ran it. Not quick and was blowing out me arse after but did 5k on first go... 

My biggest problem is that i still think i can do what i was doing when younger and playing rugby etc.

I was still training upto about 6 year back and still playing very very occasional vets games.

So if i go the gym i knacker myself now because i still attempt to lift what i used to lift.

Also the bloody gym instructors...  I'll do you programme.  No you wont. I just need to turn my moobs back to a manly chest thank you very much😂

1 minute ago, NeilM said:

Same weight as I was in my mid twenties.  Just rather a different body shape🤣🤣🤣

Can still do a bit.

Lisa did the couch to 5k. Nagged me to do it. Thought sod it. Give it a go. Downloaded the app etc.

Turned it on.  Set off. Kept on telling me to walk etc. Doing me head in. So just ran it. Not quick and was blowing out me arse after but did 5k on first go... 

My biggest problem is that i still think i can do what i was doing when younger and playing rugby etc.

I was still training upto about 6 year back and still playing very very occasional vets games.

So if i go the gym i knacker myself now because i still attempt to lift what i used to lift.

Also the bloody gym instructors...  I'll do you programme.  No you wont. I just need to turn my moobs back to a manly chest thank you very much😂

take it easy out there

• Thanks 1

5 nights in a row done and finishing this morning at 7. Excited to get an invite for the Covid-19 vaccination, but tried to book and it said no. Too young. Over 70s only. So..  there’s a number to call and I’ll try that on Monday.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

Good morning. Packing propped begins today. Need somehow to make sense of it all. BiL and Sis have the children from when we get started.

Hope it goes well. Having moved 8 times one tip is to label everything with the room you want that box to be in at the other end. And have a separate box for odds and ends, because that one essential item you lob into a box thinking I'll remember where that is...nope, it will disappear.

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gerontious said:

5 nights in a row done and finishing this morning at 7. Excited to get an invite for the Covid-19 vaccination, but tried to book and it said no. Too young. Over 70s only. So..  there’s a number to call and I’ll try that on Monday.

Keep trying the vaccination website today as groups are being added all the time. I haven't received my letter yet but I am in the high risk group but not sixty yet but I was able to book a vaccine on friday for today. For the last week I had been trying the website a couple of times a day seeing if I would be able to book a Jab.  

On 25/01/2021 at 21:21, Steve_M said:

It’s a bit of a sad day for us today. Our 19yr old cat had to be euthanised after a long period of decline. Had you told me 19yrs ago how upset and emotional I would be over a cat I’d have laughed. Yet, here I am, looking over at “his” chair and missing him already. 

Silly old sod! 🙁

I took our dog, Corrie, for his annual jabs and he didn’t come back. Total renal failure .... 15 years old .... julie and i had the day off work and cried a bucket, bottle of red wine and more tears .... mad i know .....:classic_sad: 

• Sad 9