Covid certificates

Six30

5 hours ago, Six30 said:

decorating and listening to LBC .... get this..... unfooking believable , 20,000 people a day flying in to the UK and 8000 of them are tourists :shock: this government is a joke , we have not been able to wipe our arses with out the threat of a fine, let alone go on holiday, business's going under due to not allowed to open to stop virus spreading .....  corporate manslaughter springs to mind .

Where the hell are these tourists staying? Everything's bloody shut. I heard the same news and sometimes I'd like to know the source of the info.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

Oh look.... someone has an opinion.  (That I have to pay to read)

I think the link sums it up well, and my opinion on the matter .... “ No chains shall sully thee, Thou soul of love and brav’ry “ 

41 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Where the hell are these tourists staying? Everything's bloody shut. I heard the same news and sometimes I'd like to know the source of the info.

Premier Inns, like i do ... 1-2 nights a week .... no one ever asks why ....

3 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

I think the link sums it up well, and my opinion on the matter .... “ No chains shall sully thee, Thou soul of love and brav’ry “ 

Used to drink in the Minstrel Boy in Cov, until it became inundated with Coke heads, which unfortunately seems to be the way of many pubs these days.

9 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

But what's the point in all that? What does anybody gain? It's just senseless and incomprehensible to me.

That's right . It's the same with all these conspiracy theories that say " They want to control you " Why , for goodness sake ? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fastbob said:

That's right . It's the same with all these conspiracy theories that say " They want to control you " Why , for goodness sake ? 

Because: Reasons.

which is an inane answer. but then these conspiracy theories are even more inane.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

But they are controlling us .... every aspect of our life is controlled in a way it never has been before and the control tightens and tightens .....

Why ? WHY ? 

Totally agree .... what is so desperate it has to be hidden .... why ?

33 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

they are controlling us.

every aspect of our life is controlled in a way it never has been before

and the control tightens and tightens .....

I just wanted to tidy that up so I could admire it more easily.

48 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

But they are controlling us .... every aspect of our life is controlled in a way it never has been before and the control tightens and tightens .....

Why ? WHY ? 

Totally agree .... what is so desperate it has to be hidden .... why ?

It's entirely a matter of perception . Just out of interest , what are these wonderful things that the " Powers that be " are stopping people doing ? And on the reverse side of the coin , what dreadful things are we being forced to do . And here's a thought , if the Government is controlling everybody , how come there is a crime wave of unprecedented proportions where drug dealers and other villains operate with total impunity to the extent that criminality has almost become fashionable ? 

• Like 2

Maybe the police are concentrating on assaulting women on vigils, breaking up Easter church services and generally bullying people in parks .... drug dealers sound too difficult .... All those easy targets .....

Edited by Trooper74

10 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Maybe the police are concentrating on assaulting women on vigils, breaking up Easter church services and generally bullying people in parks .... drug dealers sound too difficult .... All those easy targets .....

fooking right , why should they be allowed to gather , any one thats died in the last year couldn't have a proper send off  only 20 allowed at funeral, no wake after , but twats you mention above feel its ok to gather on mass.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Six30 said:

20 ... 30.. not hundreds

True, though it depends how things are managed. We had a funeral of a local guy who was a keen motorcylist so there were a lot of people wanted to attend. It was when funerals had to be graveside only. We were able to provide a burial space adjacent to the village green and close to several gardens of private houses. We had the 30 round the grave, multiple groups of six in private gardens and on the village green. We entirely complied with all covid rules but no-one was unable to participate in the funeral. Fortunately I have a voice like a foghorn so could be heard across the whole area.

The only tricky bit was the number of gentlemen in leathers who wished to shake my hand afterwards.

To be fair we are fortunate having the location we do, in urban areas where most funerals at at the crem it's a different story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

20 ... 30.. not hundreds

We had 34 at my wifes funeral 3 weeks ago .... but Sussex police didn’t bother to turn up ...

1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

We had 34 at my wifes funeral 3 weeks ago .... but Sussex police didn’t bother to turn up ...

had 32 at my dads and kent police did'nt turn up .... why did'nt you have more seeing as mass gatherings are ok in your book ?

sorry for your loss

Edited by Six30

16 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Is Tim Stanley a member of this forum ?  I prefer to form my own opinion rather than select an off the peg one from the internet . 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Is Tim Stanley a member of this forum ?  I prefer to form my own opinion rather than select an off the peg one from the internet . 

no... he is a Trump loving Tory Brexiteer.

• Thanks 1

I think we're risking losing perspective at this moment. It is a fundamental principle of policing that we are policed by consent. The assumption is that most of the people most of the time act with reasonable common sense and decency. At times during Covid that has demonstrably broken down and there have been instances both of people being irresponsible and police exceeding their powers. 

This has been part of Covid, that some people have just been plain silly and other have taken small amounts of extra regulation and behaved like petty dictators to enforce it. I bet we've all had experiences of small minded people being given a bit of power to be awkward and going out of their way to be petty minded and obstructive.

We seem to be slipping into an acceptance that is different from what has so far guided governance and law enforcement.  We ought to be at least aware and alert to this shift in assumptions because it can happen very easily but then be very difficult to undo.

I for one do not wish to allow the lunatic fringe who protest for protest's sake to be the ones laying the foundation for how British society works in the future. Our response should be shaped by the majority rather than the vocal minority.

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog
  • Like 4

When last Friday I saw an herd of 3 adults and 3 teenager idiots walking into local Sainsbury without masks making a mockery of the rules and putting everyone at risk I can't help to agree that police should take these brainless tw@ts to jail and beat the shaite out of them for being stupid.

• Like 2

And when Boris announces that Motorcycling is banned to prevent the NHS being overwhelmed SOME  of you lot will applaud him ......🤣

I understand that some of you are working towards your attempt on TOTY (Respect brothers and sisters) but surely advocating that the Police should violently assault members of the public is pretty grim ..

Somebody mentioned rules .... anyone actually got a clue what they may be ?

Saw some lovely baa lambs on the Shropshire moors this afternoon as i pointlessly burned hydrocarbons far from home for a giggle ....

4 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

And when Boris announces that Motorcycling is banned to prevent the NHS being overwhelmed SOME  of you lot will applaud him ......🤣

I understand that some of you are working towards your attempt on TOTY (Respect brothers and sisters) but surely advocating that the Police should violently assault members of the public is pretty grim ..

Somebody mentioned rules .... anyone actually got a clue what they may be ?

Saw some lovely baa lambs on the Shropshire moors this afternoon as i pointlessly burned hydrocarbons far from home for a giggle ....

members of a motorcycle forum will applaud motorcycling getting banned....

TROOPER 74...

103098380_3539974809364989_2622965149329260544_n.jpg

• Haha 3