Motorbikes

fastbob

8 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Anyone fancy a chat about motorbikes on this DIY projects forum ? 😂

You may have a point there I think I got more advice on how to plaster my ceiling than how to change the loom...

But since you mention it, I am going service my brake calipers.

I have noticed before when I services my forks any oil dropped leaves a terrible mess on the patio.

Any one got any suggestions on how to remove the stains??

• Haha 1

yes Bob , my nephew wants an old bike , that he can restore, wants to learn and do things himself .... im no fooking help in that department im afraid .

i'll help him find one and you may well get some questions fired your way at some time in the future 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

yes Bob , my nephew wants an old bike , that he can restore, wants to learn and do things himself .... im no fooking help in that department im afraid .

i'll help him find one and you may well get some questions fired your way at some time in the future 

Lovely 👍

Over the next couple of weeks can you think of a nice pub garden somewhere between us where we can meet for a beer?

I will bring the Dyna and we can compare war stories of idiot threads we have read on various forums lol.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, onesea said:

You may have a point there I think I got more advice on how to plaster my ceiling than how to change the loom...

I have noticed before when I services my forks any oil dropped leaves a terrible mess on the patio.

a few years ago i would have said gunk but i have heard that it isn't as good as it was

26 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

If I could find a reasonably priced project......

These days the price of projects has gone too high.

I have a project. Being a mechanical technofeckwit means I’ve made a working bike into lots of pieces, some of which are absent, and insufficient time and ability to do anything about it. 

Right now I’d happily pay someone to stand and guide me on what to do... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skyrider said:

a few years ago i would have said gunk but i have heard that it isn't as good as it was

Screwfix no nonsense degreaser.

You'll know it's good because it'll knack the skin on your hands.

Just now, Mr Fro said:

A lot of people have mentioned this stuff before and I keep forgetting to get some! 

Is it as good as people say? 

1 minute ago, Mr Fro said:

You'll know it's good because it'll knack the skin on your hands.

Ohh Not found cleaner that can do that in a long time...  Might even ask if it’s harmful to bikes 😲

3 hours ago, onesea said:

Coke, the type that you drink, not snort.

2 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Over the next couple of weeks can you think of a nice pub garden somewhere between us where we can meet for a beer?

I will bring the Dyna and we can compare war stories of idiot threads we have read on various forums lol.

Cheers

Ian

That sounds good to me . I don't know if you're aware , but I don't drink . Not that I would when I was driving anyway . I was going to suggest the Castle pub on Edge Hill but it looks like the garden has been turned into an outdoor restaurant with booking required . Shame . There's the Wharf near Fenny Compton . Never actually been there but it has a garden and carpark . If there's anything nearer your way I don't mind putting in the miles . 

2 minutes ago, fastbob said:

That sounds good to me . I don't know if you're aware , but I don't drink . Not that I would when I was driving anyway . I was going to suggest the Castle pub on Edge Hill but it looks like the garden has been turned into an outdoor restaurant with booking required . Shame . There's the Wharf near Fenny Compton . Never actually been there but it has a garden and carpark . If there's anything nearer your way I don't mind putting in the miles . 

You will find that the majority of places will need to be pre booked now! Although if theres space they will let you in 

54 minutes ago, Stu said:

6 days off for me now! 

But I have DIY to do but don't tell @fastbob :D 

I'm all for DIY , DIY motorcycle maintenance . My flat is so decrepit that if I tried to fix it up it would probably fall down . I think the wallpaper is holding it together . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, fastbob said:

I'm all for DIY , DIY motorcycle maintenance . My flat is so decrepit that if I tried to fix it up it would probably fall down . I think the wallpaper is holding it together . 

DIY everything here! the only thing I don't touch is gas and plastering! 

I had so much to do in the house its was unreal! we bought the place almost 4 years ago off an old couple who had not decorated for about 20 years! well they had but they had just painted over wallpaper :roll: 

Every room has pretty much been gutted and redone and just the one more room to totally do! our bedroom to finish but almost there! then its the garden :roll: 

I had over a year off though due to illness so I am way behind 

After all this I can then get some decent play time on the bike and start tinkering with other stuff 

@onesea @Stu - yes, it's very good, cheap too!

I used it on the turbo project and it didn't harm the aluminium, magnesium or paint on the engine.

Recently I've been using it to clean up the sminge from some 40 odd year old machinery. No damage to any paintwork there either.

The only thing to note is that it does take a bit of washing off - a quick dribble from a watering can won't do it, it needs at least a blast from the hose.

• Like 1