Xmas shortages....

Bender

The world is going to end, last Christmas you couldn't let any one in your house cause they would bring in the plage and kill you, you couldn't visit family cause you would likely kill them. 

We've had the fuel crisis whipped up by the media, snow is on the way in 3weeks but the worst is to come. 

All the butchers either retired, caught covid or picked up a return dinghy  on the south coast and sailed of back to Europe in a huff at brexit. 

Farmers are saying they are going to have to slaughter thousands of pigs and burn them, don't get excited, you won't get an invite to this bbq. 

The upshot is you may not be able to buy pigs in blankets,  it must be true the boss of Morrisons says so

Now I'm no expert but do you have to be  a butcher to wrap the cheapest crappiest bacon around a shit chipolata and stuff it onto an environmentally unfriendly styrene tray. 

I'm prepared to make them myself, I've done it in the past and I'm prepared to do it again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bender said:

The world is going to end, last Christmas you couldn't let any one in your house cause they would bring in the plage and kill you, you couldn't visit family cause you would likely kill them. 

We've had the fuel crisis whipped up by the media, snow is on the way in 3weeks but the worst is to come. 

All the butchers either retired, caught covid or picked up a return dinghy  on the south coast and sailed of back to Europe in a huff at brexit. 

Farmers are saying they are going to have to slaughter thousands of pigs and burn them, don't get excited, you won't get an invite to this bbq. 

The upshot is you may not be able to buy pigs in blankets,  it must be true the boss of Morrisons says so

Now I'm no expert but do you have to be  a butcher to wrap the cheapest crappiest bacon around a shit chipolata and stuff it onto an environmentally unfriendly styrene tray. 

I'm prepared to make them myself, I've done it in the past and I'm prepared to do it again. 

Stick me down for at least 50 just freeze them and I will bring a cool bag and collect.

Another job I don`t have to do.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, husoi said:

That's the perfect excuse I need to go and spend Xmas + New Year in sunny Lisbon :thumb: 

Last time even got freezing cold 18c 😁

Sorry couldn't be doing sunny and warm at Xmas, just wouldn't be the same 😁 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bender said:

I'm sure more scaremongering will be announced soon. 

I can see the headline now....TMBF member becomes first pigs in blankets millionaire after increase in demand soars due to shortage of sausage. 😂 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pie man said:

I can see the headline now....TMBF member becomes first pigs in blankets millionaire after increase in demand soars due to shortage of sausage. 😂 

Hum...

nice business opportunity that is ;)

• Like 1

Who could have possibly guessed that ending free movement of people and goods would result in a shortage of people and goods.

oh wait, this was actually talked about in 2016 and attacked as “project fear”.

and here we are in the truly stunning position where business owners are being blamed for not preparing to deal with problems they were told could never possibly happen.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Along with the Mars Bars. 

We don't do them as it ruins the fat but they are a lot nicer than I expected. Especially with some ice-cream!!

14 hours ago, Bender said:

Yeah but no but … don’t you need butchers to make the bacon & sausages so you can become the pigs in blankets king?

23 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Yeah but no but … don’t you need butchers to make the bacon & sausages so you can become the pigs in blankets king?

They can make both bacon and sausage, they just don't have the skilled folk to wrap them 😂 

In other scaremongering apparently the huge swathe of job losses as the furlough came to an end has not materialised. 

@Gerontious

Germany is estimated to need 400,000 workers too 

In order to compensate for its growing worker shortage, Germany will need to attract hundreds of thousands of immigrants in the coming years, the head of the Federal Employment Agency has warned.

Damn brexit 😁 

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Look, there's a simple way to tackle this. Cancel all the usual crap that happens at Christmas. Keep it simple. Enjoy it 10 times as much.

I agree 😁, our pigs in blankets are often forgotten and left sleeping in the fridge 😂 

3 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Don't like turkey and not keen on pigs in blankets so no loss to me there.  My Christmas Dinner is venison and there's plenty of it about so I'm alright Jack!

I likes me turkey, I like cooking it and making the gravy for it, it's a long delicate process involving lots of drinking 😁 the daughter is always willing to help for some strange reason. 

• Like 1

This story of burning pigs instead of giving/selling to someone who would take it, sounds like the scrapped EU law where any fruit or veg that was not pretty or the right size would be thrown away.

Mega tonnes of food wasted with that law.

4 hours ago, Bender said:

They can make both bacon and sausage, they just don't have the skilled folk to wrap them 😂 

In other scaremongering apparently the huge swathe of job losses as the furlough came to an end has not materialised. 

@Gerontious

Germany is estimated to need 400,000 workers too 

In order to compensate for its growing worker shortage, Germany will need to attract hundreds of thousands of immigrants in the coming years, the head of the Federal Employment Agency has warned.

Damn brexit 😁 

No shortages in Germany or any eu country. No gaps on shelves. There has always been shortages of drivers in this and every country however pre brexit we managed. Now we can’t.

23 minutes ago, Bender said:

That was due to a strike by delivery drivers - even the Express acknowledges that - the last paragraphs.

However, many others pointed out that the empty shelves across Brussels is due to a strike in a distribution centre.

One person, @Banned_Reunion, tweeted: "But this is a Carrefour store.

"Who have a strike in their distribution centre.”

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

That was due to a strike by delivery drivers - even the Express acknowledges that - the last paragraphs.

However, many others pointed out that the empty shelves across Brussels is due to a strike in a distribution centre.

One person, @Banned_Reunion, tweeted: "But this is a Carrefour store.

"Who have a strike in their distribution centre.”

I was aware of the back story, I was just putting it forward to show there were indeed empty shelves 😁 

4 hours ago, husoi said:

This story of burning pigs instead of giving/selling to someone who would take it, sounds like the scrapped EU law where any fruit or veg that was not pretty or the right size would be thrown away.

Mega tonnes of food wasted with that law.

You mean the rules that were scrapped in 2008?

You might choose to look at the current U.K. rules… this for apples, for example.

U.K. marketing standards.