The storm doth approach

Bender

Why we have followed the American habit of giving bad weather a name is beyond me 

Then we follow them with Black Friday sales on a day that has no significance in our calendar.

Next thing we'll go and elect some buffoon to run the country.

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Why we have followed the American habit of giving bad weather a name is beyond me 

Then we follow them with Black Friday sales on a day that has no significance in our calendar.

Next thing we'll go and elect some buffoon to run the country.

Strong storms have been given names globally for years, its not a uniquely American thing. When there's several different storms sharing an ocean it makes it easier for us to keep track on which one is of particular interest.

Couldn't agree more with so-called Black Friday - complete waste of time.

As to electing a buffoon we didn't elect Corbyn.😇

• Haha 2

Few years back, Robinson's foundry were having 20% off everything on Black Friday, I'll have one of them RGV cranks thanks, should have been £700, got it for £560.

Edited by Bianco2564
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Naming storms is fine, black friday is a bad joke, which said less than 10% of the stuff they checked was remotely worthy of being cheaper than it was originally. 

I did manage to bag a bargain with wife's new phone its her bday next week £140 off with black Friday and an extra 15%. I don't go mad as you say a lot of the prices ain't that good but there are the odd bargain out there

It’s quite breezy up here. A few trees down around the roads according to DPD driver who delivered to us this morning. One small tree down across the burn in the garden - I’ll deal with that some point, no hurry. I had to clear quite a lot of brash off the drive as well as a smallish branch off the sequoia. Not as much damage as I anticipated. 

My daughter’s driving home to the Midlands later, here’s hoping the wind drops in the next couple of hours…

2 hours ago, Steve_M said:

It’s quite breezy up here. A few trees down around the roads according to DPD driver who delivered to us this morning. One small tree down across the burn in the garden - I’ll deal with that some point, no hurry. I had to clear quite a lot of brash off the drive as well as a smallish branch off the sequoia. Not as much damage as I anticipated. 

My daughter’s driving home to the Midlands later, here’s hoping the wind drops in the next couple of hours…

Oh ‘eck.

I should have investigated further down the drive. We have a large tree down, luckily away from the drive, not across it. 

Still, lots of firewood for a couple of years’ time.

6A4CF927-E395-4073-B8C1-8B08C840A8DF.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Oh ‘eck.

I should have investigated further down the drive. We have a large tree down, luckily away from the drive, not across it. 

Still, lots of firewood for a couple of years’ time.

6A4CF927-E395-4073-B8C1-8B08C840A8DF.jpeg

Hmmmm firewood 😁 

• Like 1