The storm doth approach

Bender

Just now, Bender said:

We pay 55 per large dumpy bag

It’s £70 a dumpy bag for us. We do, however, have a large ready supply of wood from trees we had cut down when we first moved here. It’s just getting to the point where it’s dry enough to burn (around 19% moisture). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

It’s £70 a dumpy bag for us. We do, however, have a large ready supply of wood from trees we had cut down when we first moved here. It’s just getting to the point where it’s dry enough to burn (around 19% moisture). 

£90-120 for dumpy bag round here, cheaper to import wood to the New Forest from the midlands.

Better quality kiln dried as well…

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Bender said:

Bit like that

I’d be surprised if you can get Irn Bru in Glasgow. I thought my son in law, who lives in Old Kilpatrick, had cornered the market in the stuff. 🤢

Possibly a bit far, but the Creagan Inn, on the shores of Loch Creran, does an excellent Irn Bru battered fish supper.

According to a FB friend there's a good eight inches of snow in Dudley whereas  thirty miles away in Coventry we've had nothing but a brief flurry early this morning . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fastbob said:

According to a FB friend there's a good eight inches of snow in Dudley whereas  thirty miles away in Coventry we've had nothing but a brief flurry early this morning . 

Weather is always different in Dudley I live 5 miles from there in Stourbridge its like an odd microclimate in Dudley but then again Dudley is a bit odd in any case 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, fastbob said:

There’s a similar amount just outside Lichfield judging by the photo my daughter sent. Disappointingly, barely a smattering here. I was hoping to get the sledges out… 

81CF97C3-FD4A-474F-938C-9C03833A43EB.jpeg