Christmas Bonuses - No Gloating

onesea

Well I wait with bated breath, if there is any more to this years Christmas “thank you” / “bonus”.

E2BE7BCE-8A9C-4D2F-BFA8-5C17D3B5B3A0.thumb.jpeg.686e5e9e56a6f74f2267505007cd11ef.jpeg

Working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Year’s Day the 2nd year running.

Edited by onesea

What is this Christmas bonus of which you speak? Some urban legend perhaps? I'm working every day anyway but it looks as if on Christmas I'll be picking my way through the South China Sea, discharging in Malaysia on Boxing Day and probably back loading in Singapore on New Year. About par for the course.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Got a chrimbo box of food goodies, not really a hamper but better than nowt. Just finished a long day in Manchester and now back home in London. No more until the 3rd Jan for this one

• Like 2

No bonus - not working Christmas day. 

My Team leader - sent a card to the second in command - thanking the team -  he didn't even email or message his thanks. I don't know - just felt a little appreciation would have gone a long way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 17/12/2022 at 13:04, S-Westerly said:

What is this Christmas bonus of which you speak? Some urban legend perhaps? I'm working every day anyway but it looks as if on Christmas I'll be picking my way through the South China Sea, discharging in Malaysia on Boxing Day and probably back loading in Singapore on New Year. About par for the course.

I am guessing you will be having a BBQ somewhere on the aft decks. Probably some decorations (at least our COVID restrictions allow them this year).

The days of booze and have probably gone, then with port & cargo ops the next day that's probably a good thing.

My daughter reports her schools free "Christmas Prefects Breakfast" thank you, rated better than 4 child's chocolates bars.

Edited by onesea

19 hours ago, onesea said:

I am guessing you will be having a BBQ somewhere on the aft decks. Probably some decorations (at least our COVID restrictions allow them this year).

The days of booze and have probably gone, then with port & cargo ops the next day that's probably a good thing.

My daughter reports her schools free "Christmas Prefects Breakfast" thank you, rated better than 4 child's chocolates bars.

BBQ's verboten. No booze ever and Christmas is just another working day especially as we won't be out in the big blue.

I mentioned elsewhere, I won an award at work. Which came with a prize. 

This month I'm now up an extra £1250. Which after it is taxed to hell, will go towards a holiday to Japan in the Spring. My girlfriend has booked it all as it's her dream destination, and she turns 30 while out there. So I'll need to be upping my game for a present. 

It was that, or afford to put the heating on for 2 hours. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Blackholesun said:

Japan is an unusual dream destination!

She loves a lot of Asia for its nature/culture. Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia and Japan being the big ones. But she's never done Japan, and that's the biggest on the list. 

I reckon I'm weirder, one of my holiday ideas is to leave me somewhere with a chunk of money that would normally have paid for fancy hotels, like Vietnam, or Alaska for example. And then I find a bike and ride cross country, even if it's a tiny 125. I've not got a big enough breaks in my work schedule to allow that though as it would be a good 3-4 weeks. And it's not everyones idea of a holiday. 

• Like 2