Boxingday Sales

Fish

Most places seem to have permanent sales these days. Boxing day sales just seem to be an excuse to try and get rid of rubbish. I do need new new jacket and trousers, so i'll have a look to see if I can get a good deal. A trip to J&S at Delamere is likely, even if its only to get out of the house.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, goat said:

You'll need some chainsaw boots then. I've got a nice brand new pair of husqvarna for a good price.

Good god I would have the mick taken out of me forever if I was seen wearing safety gear, Bermuda shorts and sandals are mid winter attire 😂 

9 minutes ago, Bender said:

Good god I would have the mick taken out of me forever if I was seen wearing safety gear, Bermuda shorts and sandals are mid winter attire 😂 

Wait til you see someone get hit in the face cutting a tree. Ppe suddenly becomes very fashionable 

7 minutes ago, bonio said:

Likely they will. Last couple of years I've bagged some great bargains in early Feb.

I find that I keep looking for what I want and monitor prices, at some point the sale will appear. Often at unlikely times of year.

On 19/12/2022 at 21:19, Bender said:

Chainsaw 😁 

I bought a Husqvarna 550 XP Mark II in the spring hell of a good bit of kit, run it on Aspen and does not miss a beat. Can't beat power tools Muhahaha.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mick67 said:

I bought a Husqvarna 550 XP Mark II in the spring hell of a good bit of kit, run it on Aspen and does not miss a beat. Can't beat power tools Muhahaha.

I'm after battery one, silent and can sit for months without the worry of petrol going bad, it's more for recreational use 😁 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveinlim said:

Any chance dealers doing discounts on actual bikes as I'm in the market for one 

Me too. I Keep looking at different dealers for any deals, Just need to decide what to get. Not going new ever again. 😂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, daveinlim said:

Any chance dealers doing discounts on actual bikes as I'm in the market for one 

There's not a lot of bikes moving at the moment, so there should be a decent chance. Autotrader for private might also be a good move, sadly there's more than a few having to sell to free up funds.

• Like 2

Years ago the boxing day sales had some real bargains. But now sales go on all year.

I remember when I was a kid, massive queue outside shops waiting to open on boxing day.

• Like 1

The sad thing is these days is that what little sales there are start on Christmas Day with people having nothing better to do than shop.

And we got suckered into that American idea of black Friday when most 'sales' are nothing of the sort. Just a gimmick to get people to buy things they don't really need.

• Like 6