Phone contracts (prob again 😁)

Bender

So I've been lazy and let contracts run on after end period before, thus giving the fecker more money than they deserve. 

I was almost going to go sim only and jump network as phone deals with ee are now very limited, they've cut out alot if not most of third party sellers so deals were pathetic. 

To get the new version of my sony was silly money, wanted money for phone and nearly 50 a month for 3yrs on call contract and 2 on device 😂 apparently you can divorce the phone after 2yrs.

Was off to o2, main decider free roaming abroad, new phone, nothing up front 100gb data and one free streaming service Disney bt sports etc £30 a month

Got call from ee today, suddenly if I cancel my o2 order they can match that offer, waive roaming charges give me 150gb data and pop round at night to tuck me in 🤔 

Still thinking I'm going however if o2 signal crap it might be an option 😂 

• Like 1

I am with Smarty, £20 a month sim only unlimited calls unlimited texts and proper unlimited data no caps, well worth having a look at :thumb:

Edited by dynax
  • Like 1

I'm with EE, have a Iphone 13 pro with unlimited everything, and a travel pass which lets me use all my allowances free of charge in Europe and places like America. I pay £60 a month for it, and no upfront costs, but I had to play a bit of a game with EE. 

Firstly, I get a 20% corporate discount from a scheme that I've not had access to for several years. Each time I bluff with "I had this discount, should I get a new code?" and they always say "no need, we'll run it through". 

Last time, the guy got pushy and tried to make me go for an Iphone 13 pro max. I just wanted the pro. In the end I agreed, but I called back almost immediately to ask to cancel and told them I didn't appreciate being pushed. They kept me by giving me the pro, reducing cost, and then threw in the travel pass. 

Don't feel bad about haggling with them and out playing them, they are perfectly happy pushing £120 a month contracts onto people who don't know better. Let them know they should have offered you the O2 deal at the time, and would need better to be convinced to leave. May as well give it a go if you're prepared to leave anyway!

3 on 5G unlimited everything. I use the phone to provide internet to my house. Mostly the Mac as I don’t have a TV. I pay £21.30 a month. So that covers phone and home internet. I’m happy.

IMG_1233.png

Edited by Gerontious

I regularly use over 500GB a month and occasionally over a TB, so anything less than unlimited is a no for me, I do tether my phone to my laptop at home as I have done away with my home broadband, and I can run 2 computers using one on Bluetooth.

• Like 1

Worth shopping around I went to leave 3 for another smaller provider 3 matched the deal when I went to leave. Most will do some form of a deal to keep you I'm paying £7.50 per month with 12gb and unlimited calls and texts which works for me. For those that use a lot of social media Voxi which is Vodafone do some good cheap deals. The social media usage doesn't come off your gb usage either 

I was with Orange for Years, never had an issue.  Then they became EE and customer service went to pop.  First year they sold me an expensive contract that I could not use. When I went to the ombudsman’s they lied saying we told you it had these terms and conditions.  At the time I double checked and they never found phone recordings,

Contract over I went to Tesco ok but not great signal for me.

Have settled on sim only with Three, every year when my contract is due I go on U-s

Switch and get them to price match, they reluctantly do.  Presently it’s 100gig unlimited call and texts, the only thing I am charged for is MMS however WhatsApp covers that.

Becarefull using ID, Tesco etc the ones that don’t own there own Ariel’s. If you live in the A-hole of no where and have poor signal strength the main network’s priorities there customers.  If you have reasonable signal you should be fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davidtav said:

I’m with Plusnet Mobile. Sim only. No contract. Just renews each month … £10 a month. 25gb data. Unlimited calls. Unlimited texts. And it is on the EE network. I would recommend it

You can keep the plusnet but they not taking new customers, I used them last time I jumped 

• Sad 1

I use O2 but mainly because they give me the best roaming charges globally which is important for me.  Not interested in Apple phones and got a decent deal on Samsung S20.  Got until November then can review. I'll see what's on offer then.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1

I'm happy enough with what I've got, new phone, unlimited calls/txts, free roaming most countries(25gb data limit before bolt on req) 100gb uk, some streaming service to be determined  and I can claim Google pro wireless ear bud things to the value of £180.00 😁 which I'm onto once I've backed up my current phone 😂 

• Like 1

Talking with guy at work about new phones. It's just not exciting anymore like it used to be when getting one. They are all same shape, do the same thing, never notice any real difference between them now when "upgrading" 

I miss the days of having different sized and shape models, flip phones or sliders, tiny little nokia 8210's etc etc :lol:

• Like 3

I have recently gone through this! 

I was wanting to leave Three as the price just keeps going up and the "deals" they offer are just shocking 

I got a giffgaff sim card with 4GB data for £8 just before we went abroad to try it before I decide to move they run off the back of 02 but its no contract and you can change it at anytime you want. You also buy phones through them separately and can choose to finance it at 0% however you see fit. The sim served two purposes 1, to test the network and 2, to use the data while abroad in the EU as it worked out cheaper to do that then pay Three £2 per day! 2 birds with one stone and all that 

The network wasn't too bad to be honest the speeds was a little low compared to Three but it all worked as it should. 

I rang Three asking to cancel they asked why and what phone I wanted! Told them lack of decent deals and it was cheaper elsewhere for the Google pixel 7 Pro than they was offering £38 a month as opposed to £47 minimum from Three! 

They proceeded to tell me how much data I roughly use and they would do a "deal" to cut a long story short they offered me the phone with unlimited everything for £57 🤦‍♂️ 

I don't think he could comprehend it was way over my budget 

Ended up going sim only on a 1 month rolling contract with the same as what I have for £7 a month which was supposed to be £21 :lol: 

Bought the phone through giffgaff so new phone and contract costs less than the old one :lol: 

• Like 3

The wife and lad are with Three (My experience with Three is shite) on the old Three deal she had data roaming abroad, upgraded phone due to technical issues, they then changed the contract and all new contracts you have to pay extra for data abroad, I think she was duped out of the old contract, my lad who is on the old Three contract pre 2020 can use his data.  I was given the wife's old I-phone 11. I soon gave it back 😂 I'll stick with my shitty Android on O2, £12 for 20GB and can use abroad. I have no desire to pay ££££ a month for a phone. I have never used more than 4GB a month 🤣 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...