Nuts or crisps

Nuts or crisps  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are nuts or crisps the best snack?

• Nuts
    • Crisps

Either would do for me right now, but the missus is complaining about my expanding waistline and therefore they are both contraband substances in the TK house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tinkicker said:

Either would do for me right now, but the missus is complaining about my expanding waistline and therefore they are both contraband substances in the TK house.

Rice cakes for you!

It depends what your drinking and the occasion.

Although I miss the whisky bottles full of peanuts I used to get in Africa.  Looked like you where drinking whisky at a distance.

Always raised some eye brows.

8 hours ago, Tinkicker said:

Nuts are good for you, crisps are not 😁

You do not have to stop eating nuts to loose weight unless your eating them by the kilo 😂

• Haha 1

Nuts are more substantial, but crisps taste so good. 

Annoyingly the best nuts are the most expensive: in order - macadamias, pistachios, cashews, Brazil, the rest, with hazelnuts being the very worst, and also the very cheapest. Weird. 

3 hours ago, Bender said:

Nuts are good for you, crisps are not 😁

You do not have to stop eating nuts to loose weight unless your eating them by the kilo 😂

Excellent.  Now if you would please explain that to the missus.... Good luck and do not forget to bring your flak vest.  It wont help, but you will feel less afraid.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tinkicker said:

Excellent.  Now if you would please explain that to the missus.... Good luck and do not forget to bring your flak vest.  It wont help, but you will feel less afraid.

It's simple, cut out the rest of the crap 😁

On 24/06/2023 at 09:33, Mick67 said:

Oh also crisps make great sarnies, with a large choice of filling flavours, nom nom.

Crisps and peanut butter sandwich!

On the dietary front, crisps digest quickly and end up adding to the waistline. Nuts, while still packed with fat, are the more healthy option. 

I find when crisps are put in front of me, I can't stop eating them, especially when there's an assortment of dips.

But I prefer nuts to crisps generally as I feel less guilty about eating them, and they aren't as moreish, I prefer the spicy variety packs. Macadamias are my favourite taste wise, but harder to source. 

2 ounces of warm salted peanuts from Woolworths in a little white paper bag.

There, thats showing my age. 🤣

• Haha 2