Happy Birthday

dynax

3 hours ago, dynax said:

:bday: @Mississippi Bullfrog Hope you have a good one 🥳🎉:cheers:

Thank you.

Unfortunately birthday celebrations are postponed - my mother had a stroke yesterday and someone crashed into the back of our daughter's car with her toddler on the back seat. We waited the usual 7 hours for an ambulance - and then they said that for a stroke they are required to get her into the assessment unit within 6 hours so she got shunted to A&E which was a solid row of trolleys backed up the full lenght of the unit and out in the back corridor. Fortunately someone saw sense and fast-tracked her back to the stroke unit. But we were there all night and just about woke up in time to clear my wife's car of snow so she could go to work.

• Sad 11

Not exactly the best birthday you could have. Hope your mother gets to be as well as she can and that your grandchild wasn't hurt (daughter too for that matter).

Happy (as much as it can be) birthday. Sounds like you need no excuse to have a stiff drink today with the day you're having. Hope all are healthy and well soon!

Thanks guys. I got back home about 10.00ish - had a bite to eat, opened a few cards then crashed out. Everything else can wait for another day. 

My mum is in a quite serious condition but the staff at the hospital have been excellent. A very different story from when she fell Oct 2022 and was in for 8 weeks being shunted from ward to ward because no-one wanted to know about an elderly lady who had a broken shoulder and multiple other issues as a result. They just wanted to deal with the shoulder and ignore everything else. But this time she's on a dedicated stroke ward and they know what they're doing.

Daughter is OK, but sore. Granddaughter is fine thank goodness. The insurance is sorting the car out which is a hassle but these things happen.

Wheeled bike out of garage this morning, up the icy slope, and went arse over tit - but saved the bike. Life's just that little bit better!

The big issue is what happens when my mother needs to be discharged as she lives alone and I suspect won't be able to cope. I'm parking that worry for when we need to cross that particular bridge.

• Like 4

Bummer of a birthday.

Praying for a speedy recovery for your mum.

At least you saved the bike! 😂